View Poll Results: Abortion

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Available upon request

    51 67.11%
  • Legal only for rape or incest

    2 2.63%
  • Legal only for safety of mother/child

    9 11.84%
  • Legal only for rape, incest, or safety of mother/child

    12 15.79%
  • Illegal

    2 2.63%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 102

Thread: Abortion

  1. #31
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,952

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I oppose abortion unless the baby had died in the womb or two doctors not regularly associated in practice with each other certify that the mother will die in less than 24 hours if the baby is not aborted. ...
    I disagree.

    Women should not be FORCED to wait until her health is already damaged and her life is in imminate danger before she is "allowed"to have an abortion.

    Sometimes women know by "instict" things are not right with the pregnancy or with her own body. We women can often tell
    at the start of a pregnancy that something is wrong. It should be up her in the early stages of the pregnancy if she wishes to
    risk continuing the pregnancy or not.


    During my first pregnancy (over 30 some years ago) my Kidney's were damaged and I was so anemic my life was at risk.

    I had Hyperemesis gravidarum which is an extreme type of morning sickness and causes a weight loss of 5% or greater, intractable vomiting, disturbed nutrition, retinal hemorrhage, and potentially renal and liver damage.

    It was reported recently that that Kate Middleton also has Hyperemesis gravidarum.

    Here is the article titled:
    Severe morning sickness: A problem for more than just Kate Middleton:

    For those of you who shrug off the thought of morning sickness, count yourself lucky. And for those of you who suffered through nausea the first 12 weeks, remember there are some women who suffer for 20 weeks or more. So, when you hear about a woman being hospitalized for morning sickness, do not roll your eyes, or make some comment about being weak. She could be saving her baby’s life.
    read more:
    Severe morning sickness: A problem for more than just Kate Middleton | Washington Times Communities


    Some of my symptoms were:
    I had a very hard time keeping any food down.
    I could barley even keep a sip of water down.
    I had scant urine which affected my
    Kidney function
    My throat got scarred from constant vomiting.
    I threw up from 3 to 8 times a day.
    Every time I would smell food cooking I would throw up.
    Sometimes I was just throwing up yellow colored stomach acid because I had no food in my stomach.
    I could only keep down small amounts of saltine crackers and dry cooked popcorn ( meaning no oil was added to popper)
    I was pretty much home bound as I was so weak
    . I got to the point where I could barely function.
    I had headaches
    I had dizziness
    I fainted

    By the time I was 5 months pregnant I had lost more than 20% of my body weight. ( over 25 pounds)

    After the 5th month the vomiting eased a bit but I still threw up at least 1 to 2 times day until I was 7-8 months along.

    I had IV's to help with my dehydration.
    I went in regularly for B-12 injections as I had become very anemic.
    When it came for my delivery I was so anemic my OB/GYN was so concerned I might
    need a blood transfusion if bleeding problems become severe
    that he decided to put me under when he delivered the baby in case I needed a full blood transfusion.

    -------------------------------------------------

    I continued my pregnancy without ever thinking about having an abortion but my DH and I wanted an addition to our family.
    We wanted a little one.


    After the horrible pregnancy I had I could never support a law that would require any woman to carry a pregnancy to term if the pregnant woman wants to opt for an early abortion. No woman should be FORCED to risk her life or to suffer through an unwanted pregnancy.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I disagree.

    Women should not be FORCED to wait until her health is already damaged and her life is in imminate danger before she is "allowed"to have an abortion.

    Sometimes women know by "instict" things are not right with the pregnancy or with her own body. We women can often tell
    at the start of a pregnancy that something is wrong. It should be up her in the early stages of the pregnancy if she wishes to
    risk continuing the pregnancy or not.


    During my first pregnancy (over 30 some years ago) my Kidney's were damaged and I was so anemic my life was at risk.

    I had Hyperemesis gravidarum which is an extreme type of morning sickness and causes a weight loss of 5% or greater, intractable vomiting, disturbed nutrition, retinal hemorrhage, and potentially renal and liver damage.

    It was reported recently that that Kate Middleton also has Hyperemesis gravidarum.

    Here is the article titled:
    Severe morning sickness: A problem for more than just Kate Middleton:


    read more:
    Severe morning sickness: A problem for more than just Kate Middleton | Washington Times Communities


    Some of my symptoms were:
    I had a very hard time keeping any food down.
    I could barley even keep a sip of water down.
    I had scant urine which affected my
    Kidney function
    My throat got scarred from constant vomiting.
    I threw up from 3 to 8 times a day.
    Every time I would smell food cooking I would throw up.
    Sometimes I was just throwing up yellow colored stomach acid because I had no food in my stomach.
    I could only keep down small amounts of saltine crackers and dry cooked popcorn ( meaning no oil was added to popper)
    I was pretty much home bound as I was so weak
    . I got to the point where I could barely function.
    I had headaches
    I had dizziness
    I fainted

    By the time I was 5 months pregnant I had lost more than 20% of my body weight. ( over 25 pounds)

    After the 5th month the vomiting eased a bit but I still threw up at least 1 to 2 times day until I was 7-8 months along.

    I had IV's to help with my dehydration.
    I went in regularly for B-12 injections as I had become very anemic.
    When it came for my delivery I was so anemic my OB/GYN was so concerned I might
    need a blood transfusion if bleeding problems become severe
    that he decided to put me under when he delivered the baby in case I needed a full blood transfusion.

    -------------------------------------------------

    I continued my pregnancy without ever thinking about having an abortion but my DH and I wanted an addition to our family.
    We wanted a little one.


    After the horrible pregnancy I had I could never support a law that would require any woman to carry a pregnancy to term if the pregnant woman wants to opt for an early abortion. No woman should be FORCED to risk her life or to suffer through an unwanted pregnancy.
    That is your right to disagree, however, you might want to hope that I am never the one who is the ultimate decider of the fate of abortion because that does not and would not change my position.

  3. #33
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    That is your right to disagree, however, you might want to hope that I am never the one who is the ultimate decider of the fate of abortion because that does not and would not change my position.
    so you admit that you view the woman as a lesser and that you want the majority of rights to go with the ZEF and the woman to lose rights? Its ok if you do, some others here also have this stance and have admitted so.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #34
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,561

    Re: Abortion

    Personally I think the "morning after pill" should be as easily available as a Big Mac and much less expensive.

    I think in the first trimester abortion should be available on demand without any questions asked.

    In second trimester things get a little stickier. Some questions viable. Like mother's health and safety and fetuses health and safety.

    In third trimester only if mother's life is in jeopardy.

    I also think, as one of the best social services America could provide, all birth control needs to be free for anybody under the age of 30 years old.
    But that's a different thread isn't it?

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    That is your right to disagree, however, you might want to hope that I am never the one who is the ultimate decider of the fate of abortion because that does not and would not change my position.
    Yet more proof that we need many more women in the law making process....and fewer men.
    And I have changed my position...no big deal...simply involves thinking and some caring for others..
    And , I wish not to be confused with a fence post....

  6. #36
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Yet more proof that we need many more women in the law making process....and fewer men.
    And I have changed my position...no big deal...simply involves thinking and some caring for others..
    And , I wish not to be confused with a fence post....
    Careful about the fencepost thing because thinking about and caring for the unborn who never get a chance at life might actually be the reason others oppose abortion.....it is a two way street.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    We care about life when it is an actual person.
    ^the policitical platform

  8. #38
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    ^the policitical platform
    No what were doing is following fact and the rule of law.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    No what were doing is following fact and the rule of law.
    So was Adolf Hitler when he was cooking jews.

  10. #40
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    So was Adolf Hitler when he was cooking jews.
    No what Hitler was doing is carrying out on what he thought was an impure group and people which contrary to fact.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •