View Poll Results: How many here belong to a union?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have worked my whole career while in a union

    9 10.98%
  • I belong to one currently

    15 18.29%
  • I have never and would never join one

    34 41.46%
  • I used to be in one but not now

    24 29.27%
Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 773

Thread: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

  1. #451
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,777

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, I'm not familiar with all the legal speak, but I will just say that there are a-holes everywhere. We are surrounded by them. That is not exclusive to union members or management.
    ever see the movie FAME (Irene Cara being the most memorable actress)

    RIchard Belzer (Law and Order SVU-former house comedian at Studio 54) had a small role as himself-a stand up comedian

    he comes out on stage and says

    I am a professional asshole

    some boos-

    and he says-I see we have a few amateurs out there too!

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ever see the movie FAME (Irene Cara being the most memorable actress)

    RIchard Belzer (Law and Order SVU-former house comedian at Studio 54) had a small role as himself-a stand up comedian

    he comes out on stage and says

    I am a professional asshole

    some boos-

    and he says-I see we have a few amateurs out there too!
    Clever!

  3. #453
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that might be true but unions were not what made the USA great. that happened before Unions really mattered
    I agree and youre correct...unions did not make america great...working class america did that..unions came to be because the workers that made america great were being worked like dogs in unsafe conditions underpaid and abused while their employers got richer and richer and just took more from them...like they are trying to get back to today..

  4. #454
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,777

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I agree and youre correct...unions did not make america great...working class america did that..unions came to be because the workers that made america great were being worked like dogs in unsafe conditions underpaid and abused while their employers got richer and richer and just took more from them...like they are trying to get back to today..
    tell me why so many of those who claim to represent the working man are as rich or richer than management?

  5. #455
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tell me why so many of those who claim to represent the working man are as rich or richer than management?
    You would have to show me that in hard facts and also demonstrate exactly who youre talking about...are you saying Union Presidents are richer than low level managers, or the Ceos of the company.

  6. #456
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,777

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You would have to show me that in hard facts and also demonstrate exactly who youre talking about...are you saying Union Presidents are richer than low level managers, or the Ceos of the company.
    nah people like Metzenbaum (deceased) the Kennedys (mostly deceased) and others who got wealth through being elected to office based on the votes of the unions and "working people"

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nah people like Metzenbaum (deceased) the Kennedys (mostly deceased) and others who got wealth through being elected to office based on the votes of the unions and "working people"
    We still have Patrick, that drug-addled joker.

  8. #458
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,777

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    We still have Patrick, that drug-addled joker.
    ah yeah I forgot about that turd

  9. #459
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nah people like Metzenbaum (deceased) the Kennedys (mostly deceased) and others who got wealth through being elected to office based on the votes of the unions and "working people"
    WHAT? the kennedys got rich bootleggin before they were politicians...JFK was a wounded ww2 decorated veteran...he was elected by the AMERICAN PEOPLE by a freakin landslide turtle...to even insinuate unions elected him is absurd. All presidents once elected make the same pay. Democrat or Republican
    Know what your real problem is turtle...you seem to be pissed off your in the minority...you seem to feel oppressed because youre in the two percent of the richest americans...and you cant be one of the majority...you can fix that my man..give all you got to the spca and Ill bring you to a few very cozy homeless box and can cities within the city where you can live your life unencumbered.

  10. #460
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,777

    Re: How many here belong a union in the public or private sector? Why? or Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    WHAT? the kennedys got rich bootleggin before they were politicians...JFK was a wounded ww2 decorated veteran...he was elected by the AMERICAN PEOPLE by a freakin landslide turtle...to even insinuate unions elected him is absurd. All presidents once elected make the same pay. Democrat or Republican
    Know what your real problem is turtle...you seem to be pissed off your in the minority...you seem to feel oppressed because youre in the two percent of the richest americans...and you cant be one of the majority...you can fix that my man..give all you got to the spca and Ill bring you to a few very cozy homeless box and can cities within the city where you can live your life unencumbered.
    non responsive. how did the kennedy's get the power to bootleg?

Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •