View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 701 to 710 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #701
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,088

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    I'm not only sure, but certain that the "fact" is that being in favor of something "equal" but not religiously ordained or sanctioned via a church can hardly be called denial. Unless you are just being "obstinate or intolerant" or in, well, denial. Yip, pretty sure about that.
    If it is not equal then it is not equal... I have no idea why you think that anything that the "church" has to say about this is relevant in the slightest.

    Care to explain?

    I just looked back at this and seriously have to ask the obvious question! You actually know women that hold these views in 2013?
    As they are alive and speaking... yes.

    Aside from the fact that you are mixing these anecdotal relations about these women and sexism with bigotry, I do have to agree with you.
    That is wise...


    That is not a valid argument! Much less one that makes people who are for some form of "marriage" being permissible and recognized by the "government" that will satisfy both sides of the marriage argument, as "bigots" and close minded people in denial and practicing an obstinate intolerance. As I said earlier in the thread, the inflexible "activist" from both sides of this argument are IMO greatly responsible for the fact that this matter has not yet been resolved when it could be. Generalizing literally everyone that does not agree with your opinion as bigots is still IMO a HUGE part of the problem. Obstinance and intolerance in the name of supposedly calling out the same does not accomplish much. Or am I wrong? How so? I get that doing so in a forum such as this has its allure, but in reality is it your honest opinion that stance will ever accomplish anything much less sway opinion and influence others who don't agree with the obstinate stance?
    How is recognizing othe's bigotry obstinate or intolerant? You keep saying this and it makes no sense to me.

    You are creating some massive tangents... care to answer this? What valid, non-bigoted reson, does anybody have to be against SSM? Of course, they can make up some bogus reasons to appear (either to themselves or to others) as tolerant but just having legal reasons... but anybody with common sense knows that this is simply horse****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If it is not equal then it is not equal... I have no idea why you think that anything that the "church" has to say about this is relevant in the slightest.

    Care to explain?



    As they are alive and speaking... yes.



    That is wise...




    How is recognizing othe's bigotry obstinate or intolerant? You keep saying this and it makes no sense to me.

    You are creating some massive tangents... care to answer this? What valid, non-bigoted reson, does anybody have to be against SSM? Of course, they can make up some bogus reasons to appear (either to themselves or to others) as tolerant but just having legal reasons... but anybody with common sense knows that this is simply horse****.
    If you really can't follow or understand what I have said, you need to be walked through it or better yet if you actually think that what I did say was some kind of massive tangent, no amount of clarity or explanation will help you. Positing starwmen statements questions and stances I have not taken, instead of recognizing and understanding the English I did post signals to me that you actually can understand what I am saying and just want to be obtuse. OK.

  3. #703
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,088

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    If you really can't follow or understand what I have said, you need to be walked through it or better yet if you actually think that what I did say was some kind of massive tangent, no amount of clarity or explanation will help you. Positing starwmen statements questions and stances I have not taken, instead of recognizing and understanding the English I did post signals to me that you actually can understand what I am saying and just want to be obtuse. OK.
    Sure... keep telling your 113 IQ that you are clever and smarter than you are... good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #704
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Sure... keep telling your 113 IQ that you are clever and smarter than you are... good job.
    In addition to not be able to understand anything said to you, I think you have also mistaken this for a basement thread. Adding ad homs to the problems with straight forward English won't alleviate that. So you can't follow what someone with a 113 IQ typed in English huh? Now that is funny!

  5. #705
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,088

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    In addition to not be able to understand anything said to you, I think you have also mistaken this for a basement thread. Adding ad homs to the problems with straight forward English won't alleviate that. So you can't follow what someone with a 113 IQ typed in English huh? Now that is funny!
    Well, I was infracted for that post and it was because I am unable to differentiate between the Morlocks and the Eloi's...

    Care to venture why? What the hell time is it where you are? It is just past 11pm here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #706
    Advisor gmeyers1944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westfield,NY (on Lake Erie)
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    504

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    So you also believe freeing the slaves was wrong too?
    The Bible does not advocate slavery, it only recognized that it existed.[QUOTE]

  7. #707
    Advisor gmeyers1944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westfield,NY (on Lake Erie)
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    504

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Your star wrote that I should not reply to a private message or it would be considered harassment. I hope your star reads this. I do not hate anyone, especially my own daughter who is living a lesbian lifestyle and is planning to marry her lover. Romans 1: 26 & 27 is clearly against homosexuality.

  8. #708
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,056

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by gmeyers1944 View Post
    Your star wrote that I should not reply to a private message or it would be considered harassment. I hope your star reads this. I do not hate anyone, especially my own daughter who is living a lesbian lifestyle and is planning to marry her lover. Romans 1: 26 & 27 is clearly against homosexuality.
    So do not become a homosexual if the bible means something to you. Your daughter and any other homosexual have their own lives to lead and I am pretty sure that most homosexuals are aware of how the bible is intolerant of anything that it judged as wrong. Not to mention that the bible is not the law of this country at all.

  9. #709
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    Can gay people get a marriage license? Why yes they can as long as one of them is male and the other female. Its the same for everyone.
    Can black people under interracial marriage bans get a marriage license? Why yes they can as long as one of them is black and the other is too.

    Your argument is simply absurd.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  10. #710
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    it should be none of the govt's or anyone else's business what consenting adults do with each other.

    if a gay dude wants to marry his brother. whatever
    if a straight dude wants to marry his sister. whatever
    if two black dudes want to marry a white chick. whatever
    if an asian dude wants to marry an eskimo and a bosnian. whatever

    as long as all parties involved are consenting adults, people should just STFU, mind their own business and let them get married.
    I agree. You are calling me a hypocrite based on a false assumption. Respond to what I say, not to what you think I will say.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •