View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #691
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nope. What you are describing is denial. Pretty simple.

    If it is not the same then it is NOT EQUAL. This was already VERY CLEARY DEFINED in Brown v Board 1954.

    Anything else that has NOTHING to do with the facts?
    The "fact" is that being in favor of something "equal" but not religiously ordained or sanctioned via a church can hardly be called a denial. Unless you are just being "obstinate or intolerant".

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes. I'm reminded of this from Chappelle's Show:
    Now there is something that has nothing to do with any facts! But I always loved that skit. Now remember at the end, he divorced her! Why? Becasue she was still a n****r lover. I miss Chappelle. Goodnight.

  2. #692
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,851

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post

    The "fact" is that being in favor of something "equal" but not religiously ordained or sanctioned via a church can hardly be called a denial. Unless you are just being "obstinate or intolerant".


    Now there is something that has nothing to do with any facts! But I always loved that skit. Now remember at the end, he divorced her! Why? Becasue she was still a n****r lover. I miss Chappelle. Goodnight.
    Not sure that any of that has to do with anything relevant to this discussion... goodnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #693
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not sure that any of that has to do with anything relevant to this discussion... goodnight.
    I'm not only sure, but certain that the "fact" is that being in favor of something "equal" but not religiously ordained or sanctioned via a church can hardly be called denial. Unless you are just being "obstinate or intolerant" or in, well, denial. Yip, pretty sure about that.

  4. #694
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Abnormal does not mean bad. Genius level IQ is abnormal.
    Outliers can lie on either side of the mean, positive or negative. We've already discussed negative aspects of homosexual behavior and incest. Care to elaborate the cons of extra intelligence?
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  5. #695
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    They're both abnormal sexual attractions. Maybe Jerry Sandusky was "born that way". I think the biggest difference is that you have disgust with one but not the other, much like SSM supporters always spew.
    It doesn't matter if Sandusky was born that way or not, his actions actually harm others. That is the difference.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #696
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Outliers can lie on either side of the mean, positive or negative. We've already discussed negative aspects of homosexual behavior and incest. Care to elaborate the cons of extra intelligence?
    Actually since we have covered things that you believe are related to homosexuality that are bad, then we should cover those things related to being a genius that are bad.

    Genius level IQ is seen to be an indicator of mental disorders. Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and autism all have much higher incidents in people with high IQs. There is a reason that most supervillians in the comics are doctors or successful businessmen. Even many of our most famous serial killers and mass murderers have had high IQs, extremely high, including the Unabomber who was a genius.

    11 Common Traits of Mass Murderers and Serial Killers - NakedLaw by Avvo.com
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #697
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I disagree... I know women that are anti-equal rights. They are sexists against themselves. That is not a valid argument.

    Those against SSM ARE bigots. It might be subconscious ignorance... but it is bigotry none the less.
    I just looked back at this and seriously have to ask the obvious question! You actually know women that hold these views in 2013? Aside from the fact that you are mixing these anecdotal relations about these women and sexism with bigotry, I do have to agree with you. That is not a valid argument! Much less one that makes people who are for some form of "marriage" being permissible and recognized by the "government" that will satisfy both sides of the marriage argument, as "bigots" and close minded people in denial and practicing an obstinate intolerance. As I said earlier in the thread, the inflexible "activist" from both sides of this argument are IMO greatly responsible for the fact that this matter has not yet been resolved when it could be. Generalizing literally everyone that does not agree with your opinion as bigots is still IMO a HUGE part of the problem. Obstinance and intolerance in the name of supposedly calling out the same does not accomplish much. Or am I wrong? How so? I get that doing so in a forum such as this has its allure, but in reality is it your honest opinion that stance will ever accomplish anything much less sway opinion and influence others who don't agree with the obstinate stance?

  8. #698
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Actually since we have covered things that you believe are related to homosexuality that are bad, then we should cover those things related to being a genius that are bad.

    Genius level IQ is seen to be an indicator of mental disorders. Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and autism all have much higher incidents in people with high IQs. There is a reason that most supervillians in the comics are doctors or successful businessmen. Even many of our most famous serial killers and mass murderers have had high IQs, extremely high, including the Unabomber who was a genius.

    11 Common Traits of Mass Murderers and Serial Killers - NakedLaw by Avvo.com
    this is true. i have genius level IQ and most days i am within a gnat's ass of becoming a serial killer. one reason, i believe, that some high IQ people become serial killers and mass murderers is that they are so much smarter than everyone else they tend to see them as inferior and therefore don't really value them as people. another reason is they believe they are smart enough to get away with it, and many of them are...at least for a while. look at all the unsolved murders and missing persons cases across the country, i would hazard a guess that a fair percentage of those are vicitms of a serial killer that has yet to be caught. most serial killers are caught because they tend to kill in a pattern. a very smart individual could avoid patterns by changing the method of killing, race, gender and economic status of victim, location of victim, etc.

    kill a rich white guy with a knife in new jersey, kill a crackhead in new york with a gun, strangle an old black lady in atlanta, kill a texas prostitute with a lead pipe, drown a teenager in cleveland, etc, etc, etc. travel from town to town and randomly pick a victim from the phone book. without a pattern or connection between victims, it would be very difficult for the authorities to create a profile and about the only way to catch such a killer would be through blind luck.

    14 Serial Killers Who Were Never Captured, In Order Of How Frightening Their Media-Created Names Are | The Awl

    14. The Babysitter 13. The Moonlight Murderer
    12. Jack the Stripper
    11. Bible John
    10. The Rainbow Maniac
    9. The Grim SleeperĻ
    8. The Zodiac Killer
    7. Beer Man
    6. The Doodler
    5. Jack the Ripper
    4. Axeman of New Orleans
    3. The Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run
    2. Servant Girl Annihilator
    1. Charlie Chop-Off
    Last edited by OscarB63; 01-05-13 at 02:18 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #699
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    04-17-14 @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    503

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    this is true. i have genius level IQ and most days i am within a gnat's ass of becoming a serial killer. one reason, i believe, that some high IQ people become serial killers and mass murderers is that they are so much smarter than everyone else they tend to see them as inferior and therefore don't really value them as people.
    What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]-hanniballecter-jpg

    Get a grip on your bad self

  10. #700
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    this is true. i have genius level IQ and most days i am within a gnat's ass of becoming a serial killer. one reason, i believe, that some high IQ people become serial killers and mass murderers is that they are so much smarter than everyone else they tend to see them as inferior and therefore don't really value them as people. another reason is they believe they are smart enough to get away with it, and many of them are...at least for a while. look at all the unsolved murders and missing persons cases across the country, i would hazard a guess that a fair percentage of those are vicitms of a serial killer that has yet to be caught. most serial killers are caught because they tend to kill in a pattern. a very smart individual could avoid patterns by changing the method of killing, race, gender and economic status of victim, location of victim, etc.

    kill a rich white guy with a knife in new jersey, kill a crackhead in new york with a gun, strangle an old black lady in atlanta, kill a texas prostitute with a lead pipe, drown a teenager in cleveland, etc, etc, etc. travel from town to town and randomly pick a victim from the phone book. without a pattern or connection between victims, it would be very difficult for the authorities to create a profile and about the only way to catch such a killer would be through blind luck.

    14 Serial Killers Who Were Never Captured, In Order Of How Frightening Their Media-Created Names Are | The Awl

    14. The Babysitter 13. The Moonlight Murderer
    12. Jack the Stripper
    11. Bible John
    10. The Rainbow Maniac
    9. The Grim SleeperĻ
    8. The Zodiac Killer
    7. Beer Man
    6. The Doodler
    5. Jack the Ripper
    4. Axeman of New Orleans
    3. The Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run
    2. Servant Girl Annihilator
    1. Charlie Chop-Off
    I enjoyed studying the messages of Zodiac Killer. Probably 50% of the television shows I watch are crime documentaries.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •