View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #671
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Too bad we actually have real life examples of generational incest leading to significant genetic defects in human populations.
    and? if they are willing to take that chance, what business is it of yours?

    how is allowing two siblings to marry and possibly producing a "tarded baby" any more harmful to society than allowing an unwed mother to keep having kids that she can't support? yet i don't see any of you guys protesting to prevent her from doing so (because...GASP...that might violate her reproductive rights)

    it's the hypocrisy and double standards that bother me...not the issue of SSM. i couldn't care less if gays want to marry, since I'm not gay it's none of my business.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #672
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and? if they are willing to take that chance, what business is it of yours?
    For the same reason that we curtail rampant drug use. It's not obvious why?

    how is allowing two siblings to marry and possibly producing a "tarded baby" any more harmful to society than allowing an unwed mother to keep having kids that she can't support? yet i don't see any of you guys protesting to prevent her from doing so (because...GASP...that might violate her reproductive rights)
    Huh? Do you always rely on fabrications of your own design that no one ever argued but yourself? No one is stopping an unwed mother from keeping her kids that she can't support. No one ever argued that she shouldn't be allowed. What the FRACK are you talking about?

    If you want to discuss that, do it with the person who made that argument: yourself

    it's the hypocrisy and double standards that bother me...not the issue of SSM. i couldn't care less if gays want to marry, since I'm not gay it's none of my business.
    It's the rampant hyperbole and poorly executed fabrications of those against SSM in tying it to completely unrelated issues.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #673
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,561

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    i couldn't care less if gays want to marry, since I'm not gay it's none of my business.
    Awesome. Thanks for stating that. (not sure if you did in some other post as there's about a million here already....)

  4. #674
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    They're both abnormal sexual attractions.
    Depends on how you are defining normal/abnormal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Maybe Jerry Sandusky was "born that way".
    Its possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I think the biggest difference is that you have disgust with one but not the other, much like SSM supporters always spew.
    One is done between consenting adults where no harm occurs and one is done between one adult and a child where the child is harmed. That is the big difference.

  5. #675
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    They're both abnormal sexual attractions. Maybe Jerry Sandusky was "born that way". I think the biggest difference is that you have disgust with one but not the other, much like SSM supporters always spew.
    Abnormal does not mean bad. Genius level IQ is abnormal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #676
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    For the same reason that we curtail rampant drug use. It's not obvious why?
    ridiculous hyperbole. it's not like if we were to allow incest marriage there would be millions of brothers and sisters rushing to get married. you squeal and moan about comparing SSM to incest and then turn around and compare incest to rampant drug use. I'll use your own words against you... they are not the same thing



    Huh? Do you always rely on fabrications of your own design that no one ever argued but yourself? No one is stopping an unwed mother from keeping her kids that she can't support. No one ever argued that she shouldn't be allowed. What the FRACK are you talking about?
    huh? don't blame me for your lack of reading comprehension skill. I never said anything about taking anyone's kids. only preventing them from producing more when they can't even support the ones they already have. you apparently have no problem allowing unwed mothers to continually burden society with supporting kid after kid yet you piss yourself over the possibility that a brother and sister MIGHT have a tarded baby that they MIGHT not be able to support.



    It's the rampant hyperbole and poorly executed fabrications of those against SSM in tying it to completely unrelated issues.

    there's that knee jerk idiocy and lack of reading skill again.... in case you haven't been actually reading my posts...I am not against SSM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #677
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Abnormal does not mean bad. Genius level IQ is abnormal.
    You'd think a mathematician would know that

  8. #678
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Simply because I don't believe in looking down upon people who don't share my same sexual orientation.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  9. #679
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,058

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Those against SSM are bigots... simply put.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #680
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Those against SSM are bigots... simply put.
    As a SSM supporter that understands the arguments of both sides I can't agree with you. Surely there are some who oppose SSM that are bigots! There are also people opposed to it that are not. In fact there are even some members of the gay community that are opposed to "it" and it is not because they are bigots. IMO just labeling people bigots is part of the problem.

Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •