View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #531
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,152

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    I honestly do not see what is wrong with changing marriage to: "Marriage, for civil purposes, is the lawful union of two persons to the exclusion of all others."

  2. #532
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    And we will not have, nor are we going to implement, your form of Communism in this country.
    Feel free to show where I have proposed any form of communism.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #533
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I didn't say it will make more people gay. I said that the acceptance of homosexuality makes them come out of their shells. When gays were frowned upon, they were much less open about admitting they were gay. This meant more difficulty finding partners, hence less gay sex. Care to explain where that's wrong?
    When gays are not open about it, that does not mean they are abstinent. In fact, many of the old methods of getting laid for gays that created the high HIV rate where a direct result of the social stigma of being gay. Thankfully that social stigma is vastly reduced.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #534
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Legal marriage is between a man and a woman. This also coincides with the Bible.

    Sorry, you are wrong again, as usual.
    Legal marriage is also between two men or two women in some states in this country and will very likely be between them on the federal level before the end of the fiscal year.

    Plus, there are legal marriages recognized in this country by the federal government between two people who are legally of the same sex in this country because the federal government doesn't track when a person legally changes their sex. The following couple for intents and purposes, is legally married but also, legally, a same sex couple.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/27/fa...anted=all&_r=0
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #535
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,441

    What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    FACT. The legal definition of marriage coincides with the Bible, which means it coincides with the will of God. Kudos to the definers for getting it right.
    If you're referring to the Defense of Marriage Act, section 3 which defines marriage has been held unconstitutional 6 or 8 times in the last few years and the current Executive, recognizing its likely unconstitutionality, is refusing to enforce it.

    I'm guessing the odds are good the Supreme Court will find likewise when they take up the issue this spring.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  6. #536
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,441

    What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I didn't say it will make more people gay. I said that the acceptance of homosexuality makes them come out of their shells. When gays were frowned upon, they were much less open about admitting they were gay. This meant more difficulty finding partners, hence less gay sex. Care to explain where that's wrong?
    Ludicrous. What it meant was that there was huge underground gay culture. Similar to the huge underground alcohol culture prohibition spawned.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  7. #537
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Ludicrous. What it meant was that there was huge underground gay culture. Similar to the huge underground alcohol culture prohibition spawned.
    Then please share your hypothesis for why HIV in gays is at an all time high.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  8. #538
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    knee jerk much? where did i say it caused any harm? just saying the "it's natural" argument is flawed. some people actually have to capability to agree with a position and disagree with a poor argument supporting the position.
    Pfft are you seriously kidding me or not? When you are bringing up cannibalism and what not. Talk about knee jerk and what not. Now then what harm does homosexuality cause on the same level.

  9. #539
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,752
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Moderator's Warning:
    What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]Let's all cease with the baiting and flaming shall we?
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  10. #540
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]Let's all cease with the baiting and flaming shall we?
    fine jump into it.

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •