View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #521
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,073

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    FACT. The legal definition of marriage coincides with the Bible, which means it coincides with the will of God. Kudos to the definers for getting it right.
    No it doesn't because if it did, we wouldn't have divorce except for the case of adultery.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #522
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    FACT. The legal definition of marriage coincides with the Bible, which means it coincides with the will of God. Kudos to the definers for getting it right.
    SOrry this is incorrect. it does not because of the following:

    there is legal gay/homosexual marriage.
    legal marriage is not permanent
    legal marriage is not a holy matrimony
    legal marriage does not have to happen before the eyes of god
    etc etc etc

    all of these facts prove your statement to be 100% false

    The Bible's Teaching on Marriage and Family
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #523
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No it doesn't because if it did, we wouldn't have divorce except for the case of adultery.
    this is correct, the definition of legal marriage does not coincide with the bible
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We do not have, nor are we going to implement, your form of Sharia law in this country.
    And we will not have, nor are we going to implement, your form of Communism in this country.

  5. #525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    this is correct, the definition of legal marriage does not coincide with the bible
    Still mindlessly clacking your keyboard, I see.

  6. #526
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    And we will not have, nor are we going to implement, your form of Communism in this country.
    CUrious, What form of "communism" as Redress displayed. Links? Examples? Facts?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #527
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    SSM is not going to make more people gay. It is going to encourage more stable relationships among gay people. England does not have legal SSM.
    I didn't say it will make more people gay. I said that the acceptance of homosexuality makes them come out of their shells. When gays were frowned upon, they were much less open about admitting they were gay. This meant more difficulty finding partners, hence less gay sex. Care to explain where that's wrong?
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    SOrry this is incorrect. it does not because of the following:

    there is legal gay/homosexual marriage.
    legal marriage is not permanent
    legal marriage is not a holy matrimony
    legal marriage does not have to happen before the eyes of god
    etc etc etc

    all of these facts prove your statement to be 100% false

    The Bible's Teaching on Marriage and Family
    Legal marriage is between a man and a woman. This also coincides with the Bible.

    Sorry, you are wrong again, as usual.

  9. #529
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I didn't say it will make more people gay. I said that the acceptance of homosexuality makes them come out of their shells. When gays were frowned upon, they were much less open about admitting they were gay. This meant more difficulty finding partners, hence less gay sex. Care to explain where that's wrong?
    and you have facts to support this claim as i know quite a few gay people that had no trouble finding partners but yet keeping the vase majority of thier friends/family/co workers in the dark.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #530
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Legal marriage is between a man and a woman. This also coincides with the Bible.

    Sorry, you are wrong again, as usual.
    link?
    factual proof?

    I provided facts with a link and you have nothing.

    if you would like ANOTHER link to prove you wrong as done many times already here you go, just as recently as the election a couple more states LEGALIZED gay marriage. Same-sex marriage in the United States is recognized in several jurisdictions. As of January 2013, nine states—Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, and Washington—as well as the District of Columbia and two Native American tribes—have legalized same-sex marriage. In addition, Rhode Island recognizes same-sex marriages performed in other jurisdictions, and California, which briefly granted same-sex marriages in 2008, now recognizes them on a conditional basis.

    Gay Marriage Victory In Maine, Maryland; Minnesota Votes Down 'Traditional' Amendment (UPDATE)

    Sorry your statement is 100% wrong as proven with facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •