View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #441
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    The most important and true bottom line is this:

    The USofA is evolving towards accepting SSM.
    It's just a matter of time.
    There is no holding it back.

    For many of us, even though we're not gay, and many are not liberals, we rejoice in this evolution.

  2. #442
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    We're not talking about kids or intercourse, my friend.

    It's between man and a woman. That's the argument.

    marriage legal definition of marriage. marriage synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

    I'd point and laugh at you too, but I'm not a five year old trapped in an adult's body.
    nice back pedal but this statement is another lie, the poster you called wrong and said he didnt post facts most certainly talked about kids and intercourse, MY DIRECT QUESTIONS, were also about them and you told me i was wrong also. LMAO

    How did i know youd just be even more dishonest LOL

    if you need proof of your dishonest where you called these things untrue and only opinion and theres no proof of them please read posts 382, 386-395, 399,400,403, 404 again

    sorry you lose and you lose big time you were 100% wrong, wipe the egg off your face and let us know when you have any facts to back up your false claim
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-02-13 at 03:01 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #443
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    That's funny,I thought you said you were a mathematician,are you a license psychiatrist also?
    While you are certainly entitled to your opinion,it doesn't necessarily mean it is correct,or that others have to accept it.
    Logic and statistics are commonly applied in all sciences, exact or inexact. The natural attraction to the opposite sex is seen in the numbers and explained logically as the instinct to procreate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    You mean the same argument used by those that opposed interracial marriage?
    As you can infer from my argument, I support interracial marriage since Kim Kardashian is pregnant with Kanye West's kid.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  4. #444
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Logic and statistics are commonly applied in all sciences, exact or inexact. The natural attraction to the opposite sex is seen in the numbers and explained logically as the instinct to procreate.
    May I point out that logic and statistics can be used wrongly,or for nefarious purposes.
    Logic once dictated that the Sun revolved around the Earth.
    And may I also point out that marriage is not actually necessary to procreate.
    You are still insinuating that those who cannot procreate are inherently "unnatural".
    No matter how thin you try to slice your balony,it's still balony.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    As you can infer from my argument, I support interracial marriage since Kim Kardashian is pregnant with Kanye West's kid.
    Yet you are still using the arguments used to opposed interracial marriages and applying to homosexual marriages.
    I can also infer that while you SAY that you support interracial marriage,you can also be lying through your teeth.

  5. #445
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    May I point out that logic and statistics can be used wrongly,or for nefarious purposes.
    Logic once dictated that the Sun revolved around the Earth.
    And may I also point out that marriage is not actually necessary to procreate.
    You are still insinuating that those who cannot procreate are inherently "unnatural".
    No matter how thin you try to slice your balony,it's still balony.
    Inability of same sex reproduction is a medical fact, not simply a hypothesis with some supporting arguments like your sun revolving Earth example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Yet you are still using the arguments used to opposed interracial marriages and applying to homosexual marriages.
    I can also infer that while you SAY that you support interracial marriage,you can also be lying through your teeth.
    Are you seriously going to stoop so low as to try to call me a liar when I state what I believe and have not contradicted such? Heck, in college I studied Japanese language, partly because I was attracted to Japanese women. Read my posts again about who was meant to screw and ask yourself whether it contradicts interracial couples. Now you are getting as illogical as a liberal.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  6. #446
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Did you miss the post where I stated that Human Laws are not Immutable like the Laws of Physics.They can be changed.
    I missed where you said that, but what you are saying is nothing new. Let's just not argue as if the laws have already been changed, shall we?

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Can you provide a legal definition of marriage that delineates this (the bold)? It says it is between a man and woman, but it doesn't say that "gender is the primary reason for marriage."
    You actually have a point. It says marriage is between a man and a woman; not between a man and a man, or between a pedophile and a condom wearing teenager, or even between two lesbians and their sheep dog. It says between a man and a woman. So marriage between a man and a woman is not even the primary reason; it's the ONLY reason for marriage. Thank you for helping to clarify this argument, Neomalthusian.

    marriage legal definition of marriage. marriage synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

  8. #448
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Inability of same sex reproduction is a medical fact, not simply a hypothesis with some supporting arguments like your sun revolving Earth example.
    And what does that have to do with getting married and raising children?
    Adoption,surrogate mothers,invitro-fertilization are options that are now available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Are you seriously going to stoop so low as to try to call me a liar when I state what I believe and have not contradicted such? Heck, in college I studied Japanese language, partly because I was attracted to Japanese women. Read my posts again about who was meant to screw and ask yourself whether it contradicts interracial couples. Now you are getting as illogical as a liberal.
    Don't get mad at me just because I provided evidence that you are using the same arguments against gay marriages as those that oppose interracial marriages.

    If you do not want to be mistaken for a duck may I suggest you stop wearing that duck costume.
    If you don't want to be mistaken for a bigot than stop using a bigot's argument.
    It's as simple as that.

  9. #449
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You actually have a point. It says marriage is between a man and a woman; not between a man and a man, or between a pedophile and a condom wearing teenager, or even between two lesbians and their sheep dog. It says between a man and a woman. So marriage between a man and a woman is not even the primary reason; it's the ONLY reason for marriage. Thank you for helping to clarify this argument, Neomalthusian.

    marriage legal definition of marriage. marriage synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
    Is there a law somewhere that forbids the changing of a dictionary definition?
    So according to your own post,love between a man and a woman has absolutely nothing to do with it.

    And may I point out that you are still using arguments that those who oppose that those who opposed interracial marriages have used before to argue against homosexual marriages.

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Is there a law somewhere that forbids the changing of a dictionary definition?
    Are you having trouble with the Now? Let's not argue as if the SC has already caved in, shall we?

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •