View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So - again, for the third time I'll ask:

    What are your thoughts on how this thread has evolved?

    Disappointed? Relieved? Shocked?

    Did you find strength in your stance, or can you potentially see where perhaps you need to re-evaluate your position?
    I'll admit that I was surprised to see as many homosexual agenda supporters as I did. Still, I'm fully opposed to same-sex marriage (an arm of the homosexual agenda IMO) and as long as it's a votable issue, I'll be voting against it. I understand that the country is continuously shifting to the Left, but that's still no excuse for me to compromise one of my core beliefs.

  2. #332
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you have proven you are a hypocrite.
    please list the facts that make him an hypocrite, we would all love to read them

    please list the facts that make your issues equal rights issues we would all love to here them also

    you have been proven wrong over and over again, if you disagree make fools of us all and post some facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #333
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I'll admit that I was surprised to see as many homosexual agenda supporters as I did. Still, I'm fully opposed to same-sex marriage (an arm of the homosexual agenda IMO) and as long as it's a votable issue, I'll be voting against it. I understand that the country is continuously shifting to the Left, but that's still no excuse for me to compromise one of my core beliefs.
    That's ok, because it's really a constitutional issue. It's nothing you should be voting on. Gays have a right to marry as a matter of constitutional law.

  4. #334
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    funny how you keep trying that strawman. I have never said that gays = polygamists = incest. only that they all share the common trait of being consenting adults and that if you are going to argue that one set of consenting adults should have equal rights concerning marriage...then all groups of consenting adults should have equal rights concerning marriage.
    That is not an argument that will work in a court of law. It is also not a logical argument in that all those groups have pronounced differences.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #335
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    funny how you keep trying that strawman. I have never said that gays = polygamists = incest. only that they all share the common trait of being consenting adults and that if you are going to argue that one set of consenting adults should have equal rights concerning marriage...then all groups of consenting adults should have equal rights concerning marriage.
    another example of proving you have no clue what equal rights are
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #336
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not an argument that will work in a court of law. It is also not a logical argument in that all those groups have pronounced differences.
    That's not an argument that will work in a court of law either! :LOL:

  7. #337
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    another example of proofing you have no clue what equal rights are
    Indeed.

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    That's ok, because it's really a constitutional issue. It's nothing you should be voting on. Gays have a right to marry as a matter of constitutional law.
    I think it's cool that you share your opinion, but please don't mistake that for the actual truth, or the law. You need to do some homework.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I'll admit that I was surprised to see as many homosexual agenda supporters as I did. Still, I'm fully opposed to same-sex marriage (an arm of the homosexual agenda IMO) and as long as it's a votable issue, I'll be voting against it. I understand that the country is continuously shifting to the Left, but that's still no excuse for me to compromise one of my core beliefs.
    An "arm of the homosexual agenda"????

    What is that exactly?

  10. #340
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I think it's cool that you share your opinions, but please don't mistake that for the actual truth, or the law. You need to do some homework.
    I know what I'm talking about here. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a constitutional rights issue. The fact that the constitution provides for equal protection under the law entails gay marriage. It's not a matter of opinion.

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •