View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #301
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Typical liberal, always with the personal attacks.
    Alright, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Suuuuuuure you aren't.
    Don't get mad at me just because both you and I keep proving my point.
    Don't get mad at me just because liberalism makes absolute zero sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    You say I ignore the Laws of this Land?
    Prove it.
    You say your daughter is a lesbian and she wants to marry her girlfriend. You support her decision. The legal definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. In essence, it's the law of the land. Your daughter is ignoring the law of the land. You support your faughter, which means that if you were gay, being the politically charged person that you are, you would also want to marry, therefore, you would also be ignoring the law of the land.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    What Laws have I broken?
    That's a question for your parole officer, not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Prove your God even exists to even provide laws.
    I don't have the proof you're looking for, but should you ever decide to repent and find the everlasting God, I'll be more than happy to assist you in your endeavors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    I obey MY Deity's Laws.
    Is your diety a homosexual? Just wondering....

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    How about prove I don't do that either,hmmmm?
    Oh, I'm sure you follow YOUR diety's laws to the letter. I have no doubt of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    I don't give crap about YOUR deity or his overly long boring book.
    YOUR Deity has no power over me.
    Yeah, I don't give a crap about secular values, either. That's why I'm encouraging the rest of the 50 states to stay true to the legal definition of marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Like I've said before,Christianity and Christians do not own God,they do not own Marriage,the have no entitlement to rule others simply because they are Christians,they don't have the right to ram their beliefs down everone eles throats.they don't own Love,and they don't own Peace.
    And I'm saying, right now, that you don't know the first thing about God. But I'm willing to bet that you're into all things carnal & sensual.
    Last edited by Dooble; 12-29-12 at 09:21 PM.

  3. #303
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I support it because I, unlike many people in this nation, don't believe that I have a right to dictate how other consenting adults run their lives.
    ^^that.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  4. #304
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yeah, I don't give a crap about secular values, either. That's why I'm encouraging the rest of the 50 states to stay true to the legal definition of marriage.
    Why should government be allowed to define marriage at all? Marriage should be defined by individuals in society, not by some arbitrary law of the state.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  5. #305
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Don't get mad at me just because liberalism makes absolute zero sense.
    It's your religious fanaticism that makes zero sense.
    Let's see...I'm a registered Republican,I am a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment,I believe in a strong American Military,I'm a supporter of smaller government,I'm pro business,I'm for lower taxes,I believe in fiscal responsibility,I am pro life,I beleive in states rights,and I give lots of time and money to charity,and I believe in hard work and self reliance.
    My stance on gay marriage is more libertarian than liberal.
    Once again you failed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You say your daughter is a lesbian and she wants to marry her girlfriend. You support her decision. The legal definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. In essence, it's the law of the land. Your daughter is ignoring the law of the land. You support your faughter, which means that if you were gay, being the politically charged person that you are, you would also want to marry, therefore, you would also be ignoring the law of the land.
    You are using the same arguements ( you just changed the word interracial to homosexual) racists used against interracial marriages and you say you aren't a racist?
    Ha,it is to laugh.
    And it's legal in the state I live in.
    Hahahah. And again you fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post

    That's a question for your parole officer, not me.
    I don't have a parole officer.I never been to prison.
    Oh I get it,you insinuating that just because I am black I must be a criminal.
    That's very racist of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post

    I don't have the proof you're looking for, but should you ever decide to repent and find the everlasting God, I'll be more than happy to assist you in your endeavors.
    You are such a egomaniac.
    No thanks.The way you are coming across on this thread you'd help me find God with a bullet to my head,you sick sociopath.
    You have nothing I need or want in life that I can't get myself.
    You are the one with the raging vanity,maybe you should repent yourself and ask your deity for forgiveness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Is your diety a homosexual? Just wondering....
    Why do you ask?Do you have latent homosexual tendencies yourself?
    Is your deity looking to hook up with another?
    You're the one whose God has a penis.
    My Deity is a Force (look up Taoism) not a Being.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post

    Oh, I'm sure you follow YOUR diety's laws to the letter. I have no doubt of that.
    And that's why I have a wonderful wife,three wonderful daughters,wonderful grandchildrem,ownership of a growing company,a big house,a nice car,good health,and a big fat bank account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yeah, I don't give a crap about secular values, either. That's why I'm encouraging the rest of the 50 states to stay true to the legal definition of marriage.
    And little by little,more and more people will do the right thing and expand that definition.Future generations will look at you and say,"what a hate filled bigot".You will be seen as the bad guy,not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    And I'm saying, right now, that you don't know the first thing about God. But I'm willing to bet that you're into all things carnal & sensual.
    Ladies and gentleman,we know have gotten to the real PETER GRIMM. Your Lord,Master,Saviour.Bow down to him and let him do the thinking for you.He will tell you what you need to know about GOD.

    Why are you prying into my sex life,you sick pervert.I have no interest in you.
    I'm a married man.
    And I a saying ,right now that you don't know the first thing about God or anything carnal or sexual.
    Last edited by Verthaine; 12-30-12 at 08:33 AM.

  6. #306
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    its so said that in 2012, soon to be 2013, theres people that still want to actually support discrimination and fight against equal rights. As an american how hypocritical can one be.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    And I a saying ,right now that you don't know the first thing about God
    I know a few things about God, and one of them is that He has given us commandments. It is our choice to accept them or reject them, but in the end, we will be judged according to our choices. That's really all I should be saying. At this point I'm going to do us both a favor, and terminate this aimless banter before one of us gets tagged.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Would appreciate some honest input.

    So - again, for the third time I'll ask:

    What are your thoughts on how this thread has evolved?

    Disappointed? Relieved? Shocked?

    Did you find strength in your stance, or can you potentially see where perhaps you need to re-evaluate your position?

  9. #309
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I know a few things about God, and one of them is that He has given us commandments. It is our choice to accept them or reject them, but in the end, we will be judged according to our choices. That's really all I should be saying. At this point I'm going to do us both a favor, and terminate this aimless banter before one of us gets tagged.
    And those against interracial marriage argued that God and the Bible condemned the marriage of blacks and whites. History repeats itself I guess.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  10. #310
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I know a few things about God, and one of them is that He has given us commandments. It is our choice to accept them or reject them, but in the end, we will be judged according to our choices. That's really all I should be saying. At this point I'm going to do us both a favor, and terminate this aimless banter before one of us gets tagged.
    It's funny you should mention Commandments.

    In your previous post (#302) you accuse me of "liberalism" without providing a shed of evidence that I even was a liberal.
    You then accuse me of of having a parole officer,thus implying that I am a criminal and have done time in prison without providing a shed of evidence.
    You the accuse me of ignoring our Nations laws (thus implying that I am actively committing crimes) without a shred of evidence.

    Congratulation,in just one post you managed to violate Your own God's 9th Commandment (Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness) a total of three times.

    But I don't blame you with wanting to terminate this banter.You dug a hole for yourself so deep in this thread,you almost struck oil.

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •