View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #291
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    No, it isn't. You just had to use the issue of race to try and make a point. You were probably fishing for a potential racist. Bigotry has nothing to do with it. I support both the laws of the land as well the laws of God. You ignore both, and yet you still have the coconuts to point your finger at me. I'm not the bigot here, and I'm certainly not the hypocrite, either.

    Suuuuuuure you aren't.
    Don't get mad at me just because both you and I keep proving my point.
    You say I ignore the Laws of this Land?
    Prove it.
    What Laws have I broken?
    Prove your God even exists to even provide laws.
    I obey MY Deity's Laws.
    How about prove I don't do that either,hmmmm?

    I don't give crap about YOUR deity or his overly long boring book.
    YOUR Deity has no power over me.

    Like I've said before,Christianity and Christians do not own God,they do not own Marriage,the have no entitlement to rule others simply because they are Christians,they don't have the right to ram their beliefs down everone eles throats.they don't own Love,and they don't own Peace.
    All they have is the right to THEIR own beliefs.
    No one is required to partake in them.

    I wasn't fishing for a potential racist,but a certain bigot keeps insisting on jumping into the boat.

    Damn right I have the coconuts.

  2. #292
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Moving ForwardTM doesn't help when you're facing the wrong direction.
    My religious views do not dictate our secular law. If I want equal protection, then I want it for everyone.

    Jesus did not get into Roman politics for a reason, neither should we. This does not mean I can't vote for laws etc that are dictated by my morals. I do however want equal treatment, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #293
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    I voted other. To be honest, I think it is a stupid issue. What should stop two people from getting married? If Marriage is to be strictly religious, then all non-church marriages should be abolished and there should be no benefits outside of the Church. However, nobody is going to want to do that. A seemingly simple solution is to have marriage only be recognized by the church, but allow for state contracts granting two people union whether gay or straight. This discriminates nobody on a national level.
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  4. #294
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I am personally against it, but do not actively oppose it politically.

    On a personal level, I have religious reasons I cannot actively support it or put my stamp of approval on it.

    Politically, however, I can see the arguments about equal access to a legal institution and so on... not to mention that after considerable investigation into it I just don't see it having a lot of impact on society in and of itself.

    So, color me rather indifferent. I think we've got far more important fish to fry.
    I liked not because I also oppose SSM on a personal level (I don't), but because you demonstrate a maturity by stating that you are religiously opposed to SSM but understand that there is a line of separation between political and religious beliefs, a maturity that many do not have. Good on you
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  5. #295
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    Jesus did not get into Roman politics for a reason, neither should we.
    It would kinda hard for us to get involved in Roman politics these days. :razz:

  6. #296
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    I liked not because I also oppose SSM on a personal level (I don't), but because you demonstrate a maturity by stating that you are religiously opposed to SSM but understand that there is a line of separation between political and religious beliefs, a maturity that many do not have. Good on you
    I agree and not only is it a maturity level its an ablity to be non-hypocritical.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    I liked not because I also oppose SSM on a personal level (I don't), but because you demonstrate a maturity by stating that you are religiously opposed to SSM but understand that there is a line of separation between political and religious beliefs, a maturity that many do not have. Good on you
    ....implying lack of support for personal reasons is immature....

  8. #298
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ....implying lack of support for personal reasons is immature....
    Goshin said that he didn't support it for personal reasons but didn't oppose it either. I like that. Try reading, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  9. #299
    User Nordenkalt444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-24-13 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    108
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    I support gay marriage because its an equal right that should be given, it doesn't harm anyone and should be legalized.

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Goshin said that he didn't support it for personal reasons but didn't oppose it either. I like that. Try reading, please.
    Typical liberal, always with the personal attacks.

Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •