View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #221
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Yeah, but you shouldn't have even had the choice . . . I swear, if I did not read some of the stuff here, I wouldn't believe it.
    I fully understand.The level of stupidity here gets ridiculous.

    Me and my first wife (Allison)had a wonderful relationship,and I am thankful of our time together,
    But me and Lena are truly soulmates.She understands me in ways that my first wife just couldn't.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Implying it's not my place to say who can and who can't get married. Nor do I want it to be my place.

    I just want everybody to have the same options and opportunities to find the happiness and lasting love that I've found.

    Why, or how can any of that be wrong?
    I've already said.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yes it is no matter how much you deny it, i have discussed it many times here before you were even a member.
    no you do not have to have them before you can exercise them, women and minorities didnt have them before they were given thtme and that was equal rights, sorry you are simply wrong, just like you were the other day
    It doesn't matter how many times you discussed it here, lol. You can discuss a billion times and that still won't make it any less wrong. If homosexuals actually had the right to marry, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. They would be good to go in all 50 states. As it stands, they aren't even close.

    Now, if you were to say that it is inevitable that the SC will cave-in to radical pressure, I would be more inclined to agree with you. But as it stands, you're wrong.... as usual.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    And your point is....?
    Back to the original argument that I refuted. Homosexuals can't possibly share the EXACT same love with each other that Heterosexuals share.

  5. #225
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Back to the original argument that I refuted. Homosexuals can't possibly share the EXACT same love with each other that Heterosexuals share.
    And you know this by personal experience how?

    And are you saying every hetero relationship is the same?
    Becuase it seems the two marriages I had are totally different from each other.
    Neither one is superior to the other.

    By the way,are you married yourself?

  6. #226
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,241

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    It doesn't matter how many times you discussed it here, lol. You can discuss a billion times and that still won't make it any less wrong. If homosexuals actually had the right to marry, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. They would be good to go in all 50 states. As it stands, they aren't even close.

    Now, if you were to say that it is inevitable that the SC will cave-in to radical pressure, I would be more inclined to agree with you. But as it stands, you're wrong.... as usual.
    what you are saying has nothign to do with equal rights, you just keep proving you dont know what they are lol
    there is nothing wrong at all about saying its an equal rights issues, if you disagree please provide any facts that support your false claim id love to hear them.

    your example is meaningless to the debate, the rights currently existing is meaningless, but thats ok, people dont know what they dont know. Ill wait for your proof this will be great.

    interesting you ignored my two examples about women and minorities that show your example to be meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by MateoMtnClimber View Post
    Yes, gay people absolutely have the right to infringe on other people's religious rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  7. #227
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,241

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Back to the original argument that I refuted. Homosexuals can't possibly share the EXACT same love with each other that Heterosexuals share.
    opinion and nothing more
    Quote Originally Posted by MateoMtnClimber View Post
    Yes, gay people absolutely have the right to infringe on other people's religious rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,320

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Back to the original argument that I refuted. Homosexuals can't possibly share the EXACT same love with each other that Heterosexuals share.

    Pure ignorance.

    You can't possibly state any such nonsense as fact and then back it up with anything of substance.

    It's just ridiculous nonsense.

  9. #229
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 08:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Wrong. If they actually had equal rights then we wouldn't be having this discussion, as SSM would be legal in all 50 states.

    That's exactly why I'm saying so. And don't give me "Because the Bible is irrelevant". The Bible happens to represent the belief of millions in this country.

    Show me in the Constitution where it says that.

    Secularism should have no influence. Not everybody supports your secular point of view.
    Freedom of Religion is promised in the constitution. That implies that the state is secular because a belief cannot be forced upon people. By letting the Bible dictate whether the government allows SSM or not is forcing a belief upon the people, that are promised freedom of religion. May I point out that adultery and Divorce are frowned upon as well as SSM. Why is there no cry for outlawing that? Why is it so common if we are so rooted to the Bible. I am not saying that I believe in SSM morally, because I don't. I think it is wrong and I think that it is gross, but that for no reason means that others don't and they should have that right to disagree. Just because some big shots in Washington are firmly rooted to the Bible doesnt mean that everyone is. And they have no right to impose their beliefs, and take away rights from others.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Fortunately, nobody has ever suggested legally requiring a church to perform same-sex marriages in their facilities if they don't want to. Churches aren't required to perform your marriage for you either, you know. They can say "no, go somewhere else. We don't like your hair."

    Because it's private property and you don't have a right to use it for your ceremony.
    It is really not that big a leap to get from one to the other.

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •