View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because I’m gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because it’s an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I don’t want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • I’m opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I don’t care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    A much more direct analogy would be inter-racial marriage.

    Are you against that?
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I am, since interracial marriage is more likely to divorce than same-race couples and interracial couples do not generally get premarital counseling to prevent that.

    If half of all legal gun owners shot someone, accidentally or not, wouldn't you want some sort of training in place for everyone who wanted to buy a gun? Don't you think people should have some kind of training before driving? Same thing here with regard to pre-marital counseling.

    And yeah, before anyone goes there, you should have to complete some kind of basic parenting class in order to have children, too.
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-27-12 at 07:17 PM.

  2. #202
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    No, it isn't equal rights. We already discussed this the other day. At least I discussed it. You just kept bumbling through like a blunt instrument. Do you not understand how equal rights work? You have to actually have them before you can exercise them.
    yes it is no matter how much you deny it, i have discussed it many times here before you were even a member.
    no you do not have to have them before you can exercise them, women and minorities didnt have them before they were given thtme and that was equal rights, sorry you are simply wrong, just like you were the other day
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #203
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yes it is equal rights, as explained to you before you simply dont understand what equal rights are. Would you like to go over them again? I gladly will.
    Siblings and polygamy would be NEW rights, not equal rights.

    and for the record id support polygamy 100% as long as its consenting sound mind adults.
    incest i PERSONALLY would "support" but i would STOP them if they wanted to fight for NEW rights like that, the only concern i would have is the bearing of children (how safe or unsafe is it)
    quibble...granting the right to marry for gays is also a "new" right. funny how when it's gays wanting to get married it's "equal" rights, but when it is anyone else wanting that same right it suddenly is a "new" right.

    hypocrisy....what a concept
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #204
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    1.)quibble...granting the right to marry for gays is also a "new" right. 2.)funny how when it's gays wanting to get married it's "equal" rights, but when it is anyone else wanting that same right it suddenly is a "new" right.

    hypocrisy....what a concept
    1.) no its not as already explained to you in the past by muitple people you can continue to deny it but that doesnt change anything
    2.) this is your opinion and perception but in general its wrong because one is equal rights and one isnt and MANY people have no issues with polygamy they are simply educated enough on the matter to understand that its a NEW right not equal rights.

    When you are ready to be honest let me know ill gladly go over it again for you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #205
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    If she didn't have her ovaries removed, she would've been able to have a child. I'm guessing she would've wanted to have a child if she hadn't lost her ovaries.
    And your point is....?
    You stated in a previous post that the primary reason for marriage was for making babies.
    Doesn't matter the reason why we can't have children,the fact is I married her because I loved her.
    I'm saying my reason is every bit as legitimate as yours.
    It has nothing to do with society.
    Nothing to do with religion.
    And nothing to do with you.

    If you don't believe in gay marriage,don't marry a gay person.
    If your religion believes homosexuality is a sin then that's your religions problem,nobody elses.
    Your religion does not own God.
    Your religion does not own Love.
    Your religion does not own Marriage.

    You can't prove your God any better than I can prove mine.
    If your Idealization of God thinks homosexuality is a sin,that's his problem.
    Mine doesn't.
    I and my gay daughter aren't answerable to your beliefs of the Supreme,
    We are answerable to ours.

  6. #206
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I am, since interracial marriage is more likely to divorce than same-race couples and interracial couples do not generally get premarital counseling to prevent that.

    If half of all legal gun owners shot someone, accidentally or not, wouldn't you want some sort of training in place for everyone who wanted to buy a gun? Don't you think people should have some kind of training before driving? Same thing here with regard to pre-marital counseling.

    And yeah, before anyone goes there, you should have to complete some kind of basic parenting class in order to have children, too.
    WOW!! Inter-racially married for 31-years. No pre-marital counseling or anything. Two very successful children who have provided us five wonderful grandkids. Of course I am sure we are the exception . . . but screw that . . . we never should have even had the choice.

  7. #207
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    until some gay or lesbian couple sues a church for refusing to perform their ceremony.
    They'd lose the suit. So what's the problem?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,501

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I am, since interracial marriage is more likely to divorce than same-race couples and interracial couples do not generally get premarital counseling to prevent that.

    If half of all legal gun owners shot someone, accidentally or not, wouldn't you want some sort of training in place for everyone who wanted to buy a gun? Don't you think people should have some kind of training before driving? Same thing here with regard to pre-marital counseling.

    And yeah, before anyone goes there, you should have to complete some kind of basic parenting class in order to have children, too.
    I am not against any consenting adults getting married as long as it's truly for love.

    I don't care what color their skin is, what body parts are present between their legs, or whether or not they can have children.

    To suggest a true love between consenting adults is "illegitimate" or "wrong" is not my place.
    I'm more than happy to let each individual make their own choices.

    Isn't that freedom? Is that the American way?

    As long as what you do doesn't harm others, why should I care?

  9. #209
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    No, it isn't equal rights. We already discussed this the other day. At least I discussed it. You just kept bumbling through like a blunt instrument. Do you not understand how equal rights work? You have to actually have them before you can exercise them.
    Before you said it "hasn't been proven" that gay people can love eachother the same. We'll skip past how ridiculous that is.

    Since when does someone else's marriage have to prove their love to you? When do I get to vote my disapproval of your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    No, because no matter how you slice it, there's no way a same-sex couple can have a child together. Intent is irrelevant in their case.
    There's no way for an infertile couple to have a child together either.

    I agree that homosexual marriage is an abomination in the sight of God.

    Since my faith in God had to prove anything to you.
    It never did. Nobody ever asked about your faith. Nobody ever cared about you proving your faith. So why is somebody else's marriage relevant to your faith in God? I don't get veto power over your marriage, and you don't get veto power over mine. Your faith does not get veto power over my marriage, and my faith does not get veto power over yours.

    So why do you think you get veto power over same-sex marriage?
    Last edited by Deuce; 12-27-12 at 07:54 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I am not against any consenting adults getting married as long as it's truly for love.

    I don't care what color their skin is, what body parts are present between their legs, or whether or not they can have children.

    To suggest a true love between consenting adults is "illegitimate" or "wrong" is not my place.
    I'm more than happy to let each individual make their own choices.

    Isn't that freedom? Is that the American way?

    As long as what you do doesn't harm others, why should I care?
    Their divorce harms you.

    That's the problem.

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •