View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #151
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,551

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Not before I suggest that you read the post I was responding to. His logic was flawed. There is zero proof that same-sex couples can love each other the EXACT same way heterosexual couples love each other. There's simply no way this is possible, as one major reason is that same-sex couples cannot create life together -- that is a bond they will never understand, and is a primary reason for marriage, in the first place.
    You are full of such ignorance and blindness. Any more discussion with you is hopeless.

    Your judgement of others is in fact so anti-christian that I'm sure you can't even see the hypocrisy for the trees.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You are full of such ignorance and blindness. Any more discussion with you is hopeless.

    Your judgement of others is in fact so anti-christian that I'm sure you can't even see the hypocrisy for the trees.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but you're wrong. Being anti-Christian means you are miserable and you despise God's commandments. Remember the saying "Misery loves company"? Well, you love that sort of company so much, that you're willing to guilt others and bring them down to your level to get it. Much like you were trying to do in this last post.

  3. #153
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Not before I suggest that you read the post I was responding to. His logic was flawed. There is zero proof that same-sex couples can love each other the EXACT same way heterosexual couples love each other. There's simply no way this is possible, as one major reason is that same-sex couples cannot create life together -- that is a bond they will never understand, and is a primary reason for marriage, in the first place.
    My wife lost her ovaries to cancer a decade before I married her.We can't create life together.Are you saying that somehow,our marriage is inferior to others?
    That we shouldn't have gotten married?
    That somehow the love and bond we feel for each other isn't legitimate?

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but you're wrong. Being anti-Christian means you are miserable and you despise God's commandments. Remember the saying "Misery loves company"? Well, you love that sort of company so much, that you're willing to guilt others and bring them down to your level to get it. Much like you were trying to do in this last post.
    Nice attempt at a guilt trip there

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    America isn't run by the Church. As an amoral atheist, I don't really care. If there's a Hell as the old Bible describes, I guess we'll find out.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    My wife lost her ovaries to cancer a decade before I married her.We can't create life together.Are you saying that somehow,our marriage is inferior to others?
    That we shouldn't have gotten married?
    That somehow the love and bond we feel for each other isn't legitimate?
    Absolutely not. I'm guessing the intent for both of you was still there, even though she was unable to have children. It's also important to remember that you came together as husband and wife. Good for you.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Nice attempt at a guilt trip there
    I'm not miserable and I wasn't trying to bring him down. If that's how you read my post, then it's all on you.

  8. #158
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    anything that will end the protest parades filled with guys in assless pants, felating each other in the streets is a good thing
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    anything that will end the protest parades filled with guys in assless pants, felating each other in the streets is a good thing
    While I do support SSM, those people you mentioned are classless fools.

  10. #160
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I am against any intrusion of the government to tell religions that they should allow the homosexuals to marry in a Church and I don't think that they should be allowed to marry in a Church/synangogue if the religion (any religion, from the abrahamic religions to the asian ones) doesn't allow it. If the gays want to marry in a church and have a ceremony, they should make the Holy Church of Homosexuals, copy whatever religion they want to have, scrap the no-marriage-for-gays part and replace with something favorable and then they can marry in a Church, have a ceremony and all that good stuff. If the numbers are correct, and 10% of the world is homosexual, then the Holy Church of Homosexuals will have 700bil people as their constituents and it will be the 4th largest religion on the planet after Islam, Christianity and Hinduism.
    Fortunately, nobody has ever suggested legally requiring a church to perform same-sex marriages in their facilities if they don't want to. Churches aren't required to perform your marriage for you either, you know. They can say "no, go somewhere else. We don't like your hair."

    Because it's private property and you don't have a right to use it for your ceremony.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Weíll say what? Something like ďnothing happenedĒ ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •