View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #111
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    1.)I have nothing because there is nothing. It was an incomplete thought. Give your brain a rest.

    You mean equal rights that aren't actually rights yet? Is that what you mean? If same-sex marriage were an actual right, don't you think it would be legal in all 50 states?
    1.) not only incomplete but illogical, glad you figured that out
    2.) sooooooo you are dodging it again? maybe youll ask next time ill try again, what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #112
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I know that there are 5 requirement for a contract to be valid and government involvement in entering into one or leaving one is not amongst those 5 elements. Marriage is a legal status. Whether or not the Courts decide to apply contract principles to them on the ending side to get to whatever equitable argument they want to make does not make them contracts. Of all the arguments for gay marriage, this one is the silliest IMHO and opens the door to all the equally silly polygamy arguments against it since contracts can have multiple parties.
    Oh, I see, you haven't passed the bar yet

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) not only incomplete but illogical, glad you figured that out
    Me too. Though I see you still haven't figured out how to rest your brain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    2.) sooooooo you are dodging it again? maybe youll ask next time ill try again, what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights?
    Hey, you're a smart guy. I just want to be sure you have your ducks in a row before you go popping off. Go ahead and explain yourself, then I'll be more than happy to address your query.

  4. #114
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    1.)Me too. Though I see you still haven't figured out how to rest your brain.

    Hey, you're a smart guy. I just want to be sure you have your ducks in a row before you go popping off. Go ahead and explain yourself, then I'll be more than happy to address your query.
    1.)it was never not at rest, i knew it was illogical the moment i read it, just found it weird that it was possible you didnt.
    2.) soooo yet another dodge, weird you cant answer the simple question you wanted answered. ill try yet a third time, what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights?(gay marriage)
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.)it was never not at rest, i knew it was illogical the moment i read it, just found it weird that it was possible you didnt.
    And yet, you still can't shut up about it. Obsess much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    2.) soooo yet another dodge, weird you cant answer the simple question you wanted answered. ill try yet a third time, what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights?(gay marriage)
    How in the world can you expect to get questions answered when you don't even have your s*** together? Answer the question, please.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Oh, I see, you haven't passed the bar yet
    Sure I have and I have done a divorce or two and drafted hundreds of commercial contracts but if you want to show me where government permission to enter into and leave a contract between two private individuals is a required element of a contract, I will be sure to give it all the consideration it deserves.....

  7. #117
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    And yet, you still can't shut up about it. Obsess much?

    How in the world can you expect to get questions answered when you don't even have your s*** together? Answer the question, please.
    1.) just find it funny you are defensive about it thats all, you made a mistake and instead of just admitting it, you got defensive LOL, its very funny
    2.) and yet ANOTHER dodge(5), so ill ask AGAIN, what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights?(gay marriage)
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #118
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Sure I have and I have done a divorce or two and drafted hundreds of commercial contracts but if you want to show me where government permission to enter into and leave a contract between two private individuals is a required element of a contract, I will be sure to give it all the consideration it deserves.....
    you say this yet the fact remains marriage is a contract
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Pretty interesting stuff. I've never heard of that before.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Sure I have and I have done a divorce or two and drafted hundreds of commercial contracts but if you want to show me where government permission to enter into and leave a contract between two private individuals is a required element of a contract, I will be sure to give it all the consideration it deserves.....
    So you're a practicing lawyer yet you do not understand the simple fact that marriage contains aspects of contract? So you're just incompetent?

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •