View Poll Results: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Iím gay/lesbian

    3 1.76%
  • Because itís an equal rights issue

    93 54.71%
  • Because gays/lesbians love each other too

    8 4.71%
  • Because I despise bigots/haters

    2 1.18%
  • Because I donít want to be labeled a bigot

    1 0.59%
  • Iím opposed to gay marriage

    14 8.24%
  • I donít care, either way

    17 10.00%
  • Other

    32 18.82%
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 710

Thread: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    ??????
    why would mass genoicide result from equal rights?
    Just ignore that part. I got ahead of myself on that one.

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Just ignore that part. I got ahead of myself on that one.
    ahead of yourself? I dont even see how mass genocide are on the same path

    anyway what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,285

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Reply to incognito
    You're right. The Judges decide the ambiguities of the contract for the poor chilluns'. Even the pets.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    well with this one post you just proved there a whole lot you dont know about contracts or marriage.

    legal marriage is in fact a legal contract.
    Awesome. I'll put my JD/MBA up against yours......

  5. #105
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Awesome. I'll put my JD/MBA up against yours......
    do as you wish, the evidence is already here
    it shows how little you know just look at posts 28 and 32 where you are wrong.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 12-26-12 at 10:00 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    ahead of yourself? I dont even see how mass genocide are on the same path

    anyway what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights
    At ease, soldier. Don't sprain your brain on this one. I just wanted to get the guy's idea of what bad is. The rest of that was just scrambled eggs.

  7. #107
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    At ease, soldier. Don't sprain your brain on this one. I just wanted to get the guy's idea of what bad is. The rest of that was just scrambled eggs.
    no brain sprain i wanted to see what your broken logic was to relate the two, but i guess you have nothing.

    now on to my question i asked you didnt answer, what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #108
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Awesome. I'll put my JD/MBA up against yours......
    Then you should know that marriage contains elements of contract, counsellor.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    no brain sprain i wanted to see what your broken logic was to relate the two, but i guess you have nothing.
    I have nothing because there is nothing. It was an incomplete thought. Give your brain a rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    now on to my question i asked you didnt answer, what "bad" do YOU think will happen from equal rights
    You mean equal rights that aren't actually rights yet? Is that what you mean? If same-sex marriage were an actual right, don't you think it would be recognized in all 50 states?

  10. #110
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: What is the primary reason behind your support for same-sex marriage? [W:539/549]

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Then you should know that marriage contains elements of contract, counsellor.
    I know that there are 5 requirement for a contract to be valid and government involvement in entering into one or leaving one is not amongst those 5 elements. Marriage is a legal status. Whether or not the Courts decide to apply contract principles to them on the ending side to get to whatever equitable argument they want to make does not make them contracts. Of all the arguments for gay marriage, this one is the silliest IMHO and opens the door to all the equally silly polygamy arguments against it since contracts can have multiple parties.

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •