View Poll Results: WHy Are the Dems now Pushing Severe Gun Restrictions

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because of the School Massacre

    28 42.42%
  • Because Obama didn't want to lose the last election

    15 22.73%
  • Because the dems want to stick it to pro gun groups

    19 28.79%
  • Because the dems want to distract from the financial mess

    19 28.79%
  • Because they actually think it will decrease crime

    29 43.94%
  • Oher

    14 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 129

Thread: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

  1. #61
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    They aren't pushing it, the American people are pushing it. The Democrats are just doing what representatives are supposed to do, representing the people.
    Bull ****. Even if "the american people are pushing it" which doesn't bear out in gun sales, it doesn't matter because there is this thing called the U.S. constitution which protects the RTKBA and prohibits the federal government from passing laws they have no authority over as spelled out in the constitution. But hey, why do things the right way right?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #62
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Bull ****. Even if "the american people are pushing it" which doesn't bear out in gun sales, it doesn't matter because there is this thing called the U.S. constitution which protects the RTKBA and prohibits the federal government from passing laws they have no authority over as spelled out in the constitution. But hey, why do things the right way right?

    You are wrong once again!

    "Machine guns have been banned in this country for decades. Even as it found an individual right to gun ownership in the Second Amendment, the Supreme Court made the following observation: "Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited," that it is "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever" and noted "the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of 'dangerous and unusual weapons.' "

    That opinion wasn't written by some wild-eyed liberal - it was written by conservative Justice Antonin Scalia."

    Feinstein presses for assault weapons ban - SFGate
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #63
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You are wrong once again!

    "Machine guns have been banned in this country for decades. Even as it found an individual right to gun ownership in the Second Amendment, the Supreme Court made the following observation: "Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited," that it is "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever" and noted "the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of 'dangerous and unusual weapons.' "

    That opinion wasn't written by some wild-eyed liberal - it was written by conservative Justice Antonin Scalia."

    Feinstein presses for assault weapons ban - SFGate
    Actually, I'm not wrong at all. The court is not infallible, unless you want the same body that passed the "3/5ths rule" and upheld "seperate but equal" to be an appropriate counter to the plain english of the amendment. Thanks for playing, but you lose again.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #64
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You are wrong once again!

    "Machine guns have been banned in this country for decades. Even as it found an individual right to gun ownership in the Second Amendment, the Supreme Court made the following observation: "Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited," that it is "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever" and noted "the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of 'dangerous and unusual weapons.' "

    That opinion wasn't written by some wild-eyed liberal - it was written by conservative Justice Antonin Scalia."

    Feinstein presses for assault weapons ban - SFGate
    Nothing "unusual" about an AR15 other than the fact that it is "GASP" SCARRRRRYYY LOOOOOOOoOOOOoOOoooOoOOOKING
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #65
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Nothing "unusual" about an AR15 other than the fact that it is "GASP" SCARRRRRYYY LOOOOOOOoOOOOoOOoooOoOOOKING

    If that were the case, the courts would have overturned the 1994 - 2004 ban on assault weapons just as they did the ban on handguns.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #66
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If that were the case, the courts would have overturned the 1994 - 2004 ban on assault weapons just as they did the ban on handguns.
    Correct me if I am wrong... but the courts don't just go grabbing up laws and deciding, "We are going to overturn this shizzznit all on our own".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #67
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Actually, I'm not wrong at all. The court is not infallible, unless you want the same body that passed the "3/5ths rule" and upheld "seperate but equal" to be an appropriate counter to the plain english of the amendment. Thanks for playing, but you lose again.
    During slavery. And that was never overturned was it? LOL!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #68
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... but the courts don't just go grabbing up laws and deciding, "We are going to overturn this shizzznit all on our own".
    All he has left is appealing to SCOTUS authority, nevermind that the only thing viable about court decisions is that they uphold law, not constitutionality. The same body that said it was okay for states to consider slaves 3/5ths of a person for census purposes, upheld "seperate but equal", and severely ****ed the commerce clause during the FDR era isn't exactly all that credible on the truth of constitutional matters. The only significance they have is effecting law.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #69
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... but the courts don't just go grabbing up laws and deciding, "We are going to overturn this shizzznit all on our own".
    The ban was challenged in the lower courts and lost. The USSC ruled to let their decision stand.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #70
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Why are the Dems NOW pushing for severe restrictions upon lawful gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    During slavery. And that was never overturned was it? LOL!
    And? It was an incompetent decision wasn't it? So when the court let's you get away with something it's fine? It doesn't call credibility into question at all? You're done man, you've got nothing.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •