View Poll Results: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Shooters

    61 78.21%
  • The shooters' families

    9 11.54%
  • The NRA and other Pro Gun groups

    8 10.26%
  • The Second Amendment

    2 2.56%
  • Gun Free zone laws that disarm victims

    18 23.08%
  • The Media for hyping the shootings

    22 28.21%
  • The legal or mental health system

    14 17.95%
  • Society in General

    27 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 110

Thread: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

  1. #51
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Critical Thought claims this guy's rifle is a weapon and he bought it to KILL

    Attachment 67139580
    You are half right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #52
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and he claims that 5 time olympic medalist Kim Rhode (who set the WR and won the gold medal a few months ago) bought her Perazzi to KILL

    Attachment 67139581
    Could you point out where in any of my posts I made such a claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    A gun is a weapon. It is, by its very nature, an instrument of violence. If you want one, then you want if for its capacity to inflict violence. Whether it is for hunting or defense, you own it for its ability to create violence when needed. It is naive to assume that a person would want a gun for any other reason.
    Utterly ridiculous. In fact, I have friends and family members, including my sister and her husband, who are into competitive shooting. No violence involved, unless you consider shooting targets on hay bales violent.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #54
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    This goes in the list of moronic babblings about guns. that is as stupid as saying fencers buy foils to skewer people.

    YOu pretty much proved your posts are not to be taken seriously with that idiocy. the purpose of a rifle is to place a bullet accurately on a target. for some people that might mean a human. to some that might mean an animal, and to many others it might mean a steel gong or a piece of paper. your claim is dismissed as idiocy
    Wow, the fact that you are so offended by the reality that a gun is a WEAPON is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #55
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Could you point out where in any of my posts I made such a claim.
    sure right here

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    A gun is a weapon. It is, by its very nature, an instrument of violence. If you want one, then you want if for its capacity to inflict violence. Whether it is for hunting or defense, you own it for its ability to create violence when needed. It is naive to assume that a person would want a gun for any other reason.

    Your lies are patent. you claim that someone like Matt Eamons (three olympic medals-should have been five) and Kim (5 medals and a wr) wanted their guns for something other than killing

    you are WRONG

  6. #56
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Wow, the fact that you are so offended by the reality that a gun is a WEAPON is sad.
    a target rifle is not a weapon any more than a steak knife is

    if you attack someone with a steak knife it becomes a weapon

    if you cut meat with it or cardboard it is not

    but your real crowning idiocy of a post was claiming the only reason why anyone wants a gun is to kill

  7. #57
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Utterly ridiculous. In fact, I have friends and family members, including my sister and her husband, who are into competitive shooting. No violence involved, unless you consider shooting targets on hay bales violent.
    Good for them. Now how does that have relevance to what I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #58
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Utterly ridiculous. In fact, I have friends and family members, including my sister and her husband, who are into competitive shooting. No violence involved, unless you consider shooting targets on hay bales violent.
    Its one of the more moronic statements I have seen on a topic that has really caused the lunacy level of posts to ratchet way up as the gun haters have smelled blood and figured they could use the emotion of this massive tragedy to overcome logic and our rights in order to foist their hateful anti gun agenda upon us

  9. #59
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Good for them. Now how does that have relevance to what I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    A gun is a weapon. It is, by its very nature, an instrument of violence. If you want one, then you want if for its capacity to inflict violence. Whether it is for hunting or defense, you own it for its ability to create violence when needed. It is naive to assume that a person would want a gun for any other reason.
    He was proving that idiotic statement of yours wrong. target shooting does NOT CREATE VIOLENCE

  10. #60
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,677

    Re: Who or What is most responsible for the mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The fact that you got that offended by the implication should probably tell you something.

    You may buy a gun to use as a paperweight but that doesn't change what it is. How you use your gun doesn't change its capacity to inflict violence or kill. No matter how badly you want to pretend it isn't true, a gun is a WEAPON.
    "...its capacity..."

    That's where the wheels came off the tracks. The firearm, by itself, has no capacity to do anything. It requires and operator and it is that operator that has intentions. For some reason you have decided to treat the firearm as if it has some kind of life of its own. A firearm is no different than a lawnmower or a tablespoon. It's a tool and nothing more. Anything and everything it "does" is wholly dependent on the person using it.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •