View Poll Results: When do you think the 2nd amendment will be repealed?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • within the year

    1 0.83%
  • next year

    2 1.65%
  • 5

    3 2.48%
  • 5-10

    4 3.31%
  • 10-20

    1 0.83%
  • 20-50

    1 0.83%
  • 50+

    4 3.31%
  • Never, things are fine as is

    60 49.59%
  • Never, too many stupid people in this country

    15 12.40%
  • We should have less gun laws and arm everyone to protect them selves!?!?!?!?

    30 24.79%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 193

Thread: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Self imposed belief based on extremist ideology will do that to you.
    i'm sure it could... but in this case, basic reading comprehension was sufficient to determine truth from falsehood..

  2. #62
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiang View Post
    You're nieve if you think people are rational as individuals.
    I don't think people are rational as individuals. Gun Control supporters are proof that people are not rational.

    All the more reason why I need to have the ability to provide for my own defense from irrational fools with a complete disregard for the law and human life.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i'm sure it could... but in this case, basic reading comprehension was sufficient to determine truth from falsehood..
    Having taught reading comprehension to both children and adults, you do not have to convince me of its importance. But what does reading comprehension have to do with you intentionally misrepresenting what I wrote?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #64
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    A law with teeth in it will have an effect on the criminals.....
    Because that has worked so well with the law against homicide.......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #65
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,885

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Having taught reading comprehension to both children and adults, you do not have to convince me of its importance. But what does reading comprehension have to do with you intentionally misrepresenting what I wrote?
    Mind explaining these alleged misrepresentations? Because post #40 was spot on, and in your usual manner you didn't address the post at all in post #41, you just baselessly called him a liar in order to avoid addressing all the facts that proved you ignorant. How very dishonest, or should I say, haymarket of you.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Having taught reading comprehension to both children and adults, you do not have to convince me of its importance. But what does reading comprehension have to do with you intentionally misrepresenting what I wrote?
    you used to claim you were a history teacher.. then you taught government....now you teach reading comprehension ( but can't quite put it into practice regarding a simple definition)

    is there anything you haven't taught?

    you haven't been misrepresented... you are just realizing that your argument doesn't hold water. and you're frustrated.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Why would you limit your google inquiry to "gun related deaths?"

    Search for all homicides.

    The following map shows the per capita murder rate by country. Darker colors mean a higher murder rate.



    The USA is relatively safe.

    Quote Originally Posted by shiang View Post
    The US ranks one of the highest in gun related deaths in the world, and of the top developed countries the highest.

    Just google "gun related deaths by country" and find your own sources so as not to include my bias.

    How long will it take before a law that's out dated by over 200 years be repealed?

    The founding fathers had the intention of arming their militia against the British.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you used to claim you were a history teacher.. then you taught government....now you teach reading comprehension ( but can't quite put it into practice regarding a simple definition)

    is there anything you haven't taught?

    you haven't been misrepresented... you are just realizing that your argument doesn't hold water. and you're frustrated.
    When I began teaching right out of college I taught middle school including sixth grade for a few years. I did teach reading comprehension at that time in addition to social studies classes. ALL teachers in the school did and EVRYONE was expected to include basic reading comprehension in everything you taught. I did the same thing teaching night school for a few years to adults.

    A good teacher must include basic reading comprehension in any academic subject in the school system. Our administration used to say that every teacher is a reading teacher.

    Not that it matters to you. This is not about reading comprehension. It is about lying.

    You lied about my previous post. You lied when you attempted to excuse your lies.

    this is factually incorrect....
    1st, you have been utterly unsuccessful in showing how the NRA's interpretation is in err....
    2nd, the NRA does not oppose any or all limits, they have even authored and lobbied for gun control measures...ans they have supported measures authored by others
    .3rd,I can find no corroboration to your claim that the definition of "infringed" has changed in 200 years.

    you quite literary struck out 3 times in one at bat.

    It DID NOT mean what the nra wants it to mean to them today. INFRINGED meant a destruction of the right...... not any incremental obligation it might place upon in regards to use of firearms.
    you keep insisting the definition has undergone a radical change that is being ignored by the gun lobby, yet you never prove it.... your word is insufficient proof of ..well.. anything.

    My post including evidence from other sources on the very things you say were absent from it. You lied about that.

    Then you lied claiming that you did not see the changes when it was a full FORTY MINUTES between the time of my changes and the time of your post. You lied pure and simple.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #69
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiang View Post
    The US ranks one of the highest in gun related deaths in the world, and of the top developed countries the highest.

    Just google "gun related deaths by country" and find your own sources so as not to include my bias.

    How long will it take before a law that's out dated by over 200 years be repealed?

    The founding fathers had the intention of arming their militia against the British.
    It is not the 2nd that is the problem it how certain misguided people only use the second part of it to justify thier "belief system". An amendment by itself has no force in law not as far as the first ones anyhow. An AMendment amends something. That is it changes or modifies something to make it more clear or concise. The 2nd modifies Article 2, Section 8 clause 16 and that is all it does.

    Continually avoiding the first half of the 2nd to justify and individualistic ideology is ridiculous. You can not pick and choose which parts of a law or regulation you are going to comply with and if you think you can then your mind set is very similar to the people whom you say you are trying to protect us and your family from.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No. That is your logic. I never said what you just said.
    This is what you said

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    As long as you can exercise your right to keep and bear arms, you are being protected by the Second Amendment. As long as the law does not negate that right, anything else could be permissible under the Constitution.
    So, according to your logic, as long as one can exercise one's right to keep and bear any arm (such as a quarterstaff), one is being protected by the Second Amendment. As long as the law does not negate that right (to keep and bear a quarterstaff), anything else could be permissible under the Constitution (up to and including a ban on all other weapons, including all firearms).

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •