View Poll Results: When do you think the 2nd amendment will be repealed?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • within the year

    1 0.83%
  • next year

    2 1.65%
  • 5

    3 2.48%
  • 5-10

    4 3.31%
  • 10-20

    1 0.83%
  • 20-50

    1 0.83%
  • 50+

    4 3.31%
  • Never, things are fine as is

    60 49.59%
  • Never, too many stupid people in this country

    15 12.40%
  • We should have less gun laws and arm everyone to protect them selves!?!?!?!?

    30 24.79%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 193

Thread: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiang View Post
    You're nieve if you think people are rational as individuals.

    Regarding your argument how do you explain the statistics?

    Also I care more about those dead kids than your rights to have fun with a gun.
    Just because you are irrational doesn't mean everybody else is.

    There are responsibilities that come with owning a gun. It is not a toy.
    If you really care about children, you will first protest against the government providing ****ty education to children, dumbing them down, and then you will worry about gun rights of adults. The tragedy is that although kids got killed by bullets, a lot of the children that live grow up to be adults who are dead inside. That is where the real tragedy is. And it is even more tragic because you can't measure it in statistics. Only in real life experience.

    Also, as I said, criminals don't care about the law. Making guns illegal won't stop people who don't care about the law from getting weapons. And psychopaths are even harder to stop because they don't care about consequences either.

  2. #12
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiang View Post
    You're nieve if you think people are rational as individuals.

    Regarding your argument how do you explain the statistics?

    Also I care more about those dead kids than your rights to have fun with a gun.
    Really? You care more about those children than peoples' rights? You have a funny way of showing it. Perhaps one could focus on school security (or any public segway) as compared to infringing upon anyone's rights.

    As a mother of two children, it breaks my heart to hear about tragedies like the one that happened in Connecticut. As a former school district employee where I live, we had certain precautions that were taken to ensure the safety of our students and faculty to include crazy assed people wielding weapons of any strength.

    I suggest the focus switch to safety and not focus on repealing an Amendment that wouldn't stop crazies from doing crazy things!
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    How about the right to walk down the street without a fear of being shot ?
    And these law-abiding "sane" men, are they 20% of the population ? 40% ?....
    A law with teeth in it will have an effect on the criminals.....
    Law-biding sane individuals are the vast majority. Your numbers are warped and so is your perception of reality.

    I said so before. If you have a legally purchased firearm and you shoot someone with it, and don't clean up after yourself very, very thoroughly, it is like dropping your ID card at the scene of the crime. because that is how forensic science works...

    So don't fear being shot by normal, sane people. Fear the loonies. And loonies are very rare.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The founding fathers had the intention of arming the populace against all threats.

    Number of murders by guns do not matter, the only thing that matters is number of murders total, regardless of what was used. It doesn't have anything to do with guns, it has to do with our society, which we really need to work on.
    Here I agree, and should our society be allowed to have so many guns, in this condition ?
    I'd say maybe 30% are responsible and sane enough for gun ownership.
    No to all the others...
    Its insane to allow the even partially insane to own guns.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Law-biding sane individuals are the vast majority.You may believe this, but I have doubts ...based on reality. Your numbers are warped and so is your perception of reality. I think not, but I do think that it will take 50 more mass murders for many to realize that things are not right here at home.

    I said so before. If you have a legally purchased firearm and you shoot someone with it, and don't clean up after yourself very, very thoroughly, it is like dropping your ID card at the scene of the crime.This "ID card" may be one of the thigs that we need. because that is how forensic science works...

    So don't fear being shot by normal, sane people. Fear the loonies. And loonies are very rare.
    Yeah, tell that to those children who were murdered.

  6. #16
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    repeal?

    There are numerous ways to improve the system and safety, etc etc etc - without impinging on the amendments.
    Many say this sort of thing yet offer no specifics toward that end. The majority of those that want "change" simply prefer to chip away at the 2nd amendment using the logic that "scary guns" (anything that is magazine fed) can be relaoded "too fast" for their likes. Since "nut control" and "crime control" depend, primarily, on locking more people up, which is extremely expensive, the "easy way" is seen as limiting the freedom of all, in hopes that it will slow down crime. Few stop to think just what a "scary gun" ban would entail, especially with regard to those already legally owned. E.g. is my semi-auto .380 pistol "scary" because it is capable of firing 16 rounds without a reload? The term "assault weapon" and "assault rifle" are tossed around with very loose definitions.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #17
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    How about the right to walk down the street without a fear of being shot ?
    Carry a gun and learn how to use it. Criminals prefer unarmed targets.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #18
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    The more responsible adults with firearms, the less crime. The real problem in this case is mental health.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  9. #19
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    How about the right to walk down the street without a fear of being shot ?
    And these law-abiding "sane" men, are they 20% of the population ? 40% ?....
    A law with teeth in it will have an effect on the criminals.....
    How many times have you walked down the street in actual fear that you'd be shot?

    I never have. :s
    Last edited by TheGirlNextDoor; 12-17-12 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Typo!!
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  10. #20
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: How long will it take to repeal the 2nd amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    How about the right to walk down the street without a fear of being shot ?
    And these law-abiding "sane" men, are they 20% of the population ? 40% ?....
    A law with teeth in it will have an effect on the criminals.....
    Do our recreational drug laws "with teeth" (look at our prison population - ranked very high in the world as well) work to keep them off the streets? Creating more unarmed crime victims is not the answer to stopping crime.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •