View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 99 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #981
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh..."haas"....the point was rate of fire.

    Man, you guys...
    The rate of fire of an M4 is 700-950 rounds per minute cyclic. So I'm not sure why you shat out the number 26.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #982
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I've done so repeatedly. Education is my schtick.
    Well then that makes it even easier....but then you failed.....to provide a link.




    Counter? Counter what, your assumptions?
    Oh, that's right....you keep playing the "I'm not saying I have a right to military weaponry" dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #983
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The rate of fire of an M4 is 700-950 rounds per minute cyclic. So I'm not sure why you shat out the number 26.
    Um, I was discussing the AR-15.

    If you want to go your way, it gets worse for your argument.

    I swear....keep on swinging....you will hit something eventually....I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #984
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    How many unarmed children does it take to tackle a shooter?

    If you can rush a shooter and have him on the ground in under 2 seconds, hats off to you bro.
    "Tucson: the thing that stopped a bad guy with a gun was having to reload around unarmed citizens."
    Daily Kos: Tucson: the thing that stopped a bad guy with a gun was having to reload around unarmed citizens

    "The fewer the bullets, the more often the shooter has to stop firing, eject the empty cartridge and load another one.

    A lot can happen in the window of time it takes to reload, Johnson said.

    "Folks that are being attacked have time to react, to close that distance in," he said. "I think any football player in America would like to have four-and-a-half seconds to get to the quarterback without any of the offensive players."

    An expert shooter like a police officer can switch magazines in less than two seconds. But for a nervous, scared adolescent, it would take much longer, Johnson said, which can be crucial."

    Baltimore Police Chief Wants to Ban High-Capacity Firepower - ABC News
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #985
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I have already posted one thread in regards to the mass shootings, trying to bring together ideas on the most effective way to slow gun related violence and try to eliminate these mass shootings.

    This poll is more black and white because I am simply wondering would you be in favor of more gun control if it had the potential to reduce violence.
    no based on that alone i absolutely would not for one simply reason, the wording of you question, i know many that COULD, POTENTIALLY save lives and at the same time it COULD, POTENTIAL destroy lives

    Id support restrictions that could be proven to only have positives if it didnt also endanger law abiding citizens too.


    there have been very few, if any suggestions that also dont risk life also
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #986
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You, of course, are taking it out of context....it goes on to say:

    "nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."

    He's talking about specific restrictions under specific circumstances. Not a general application.
    Like Justice Scalia, I have no wish to prohibit all firearms. As the Justice put it:
    ""Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited," that it is "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever" and noted "the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of 'dangerous and unusual weapons.'
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #987
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "Tucson: the thing that stopped a bad guy with a gun was having to reload around unarmed citizens."
    Daily Kos: Tucson: the thing that stopped a bad guy with a gun was having to reload around unarmed citizens

    "The fewer the bullets, the more often the shooter has to stop firing, eject the empty cartridge and load another one.

    A lot can happen in the window of time it takes to reload, Johnson said.

    "Folks that are being attacked have time to react, to close that distance in," he said. "I think any football player in America would like to have four-and-a-half seconds to get to the quarterback without any of the offensive players."

    An expert shooter like a police officer can switch magazines in less than two seconds. But for a nervous, scared adolescent, it would take much longer, Johnson said, which can be crucial."

    Baltimore Police Chief Wants to Ban High-Capacity Firepower - ABC News
    I can see the benefits, but I'm skeptical to the execution of it. I'm also not sure how this would've stopped the Newton shooting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, I was discussing the AR-15.

    If you want to go your way, it gets worse for your argument.

    I swear....keep on swinging....you will hit something eventually....I suppose.
    You're the one who came out of left field with the 26 rounds thing when I was talking to someone else about an m4. Your bad I guess.

    BTW, here are some 30 round AR-15 magazines:
    http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod21225.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #988
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You're the one who came out of left field with the 26 rounds thing when I was talking to someone else about an m4. Your bad I guess.
    LOL...I thought this was what you might say, something to the effect of not understanding the point and the math.
    You did not let me down.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #989
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL...I thought this was what you might say, something to the effect of not understanding the point and the math.
    You did not let me down.
    I've never heard of 26 round magazines.

    Here are some 30 round magazines if you're interested.
    http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod21225.aspx

    Not quite sure where math comes in either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #990
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I can see the benefits, but I'm skeptical to the execution of it. I'm also not sure how this would've stopped the Newton shooting.
    As the Baltimore Police Chief noted:

    "As we've seen in America today, there have been several attacks where that reload is vital," Johnson said. "Tragically, in the shooting of a congresswoman, the reload was instrumental.

    "We've also seen this in Baltimore County, in a school shooting that we had, where the reload became very instrumental in allowing the teacher to actually tackle a student that was trying to reload a double-barreled shotgun," he said.

    Last week at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., police believe Adam Lanza was armed with high-capacity magazines. He fired at least 30 times before having to stop to reload.

    Johnson said there is no reason that the general public should have access to high-capacity magazines."
    Baltimore Police Chief Wants to Ban High-Capacity Firepower - ABC News
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •