View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 87 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #861
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It's not my personal opinion man, it is a fact. You are just want to remain ignorant on the subject and talk out of your ass. That's cool with me man.

    Like I said 12 years in the military and a cop, but what the hell do I know about guns.

    A fact can be documented. You have provided only your opinion.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #862
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    A fact can be documented. You have provided only your opinion.
    If I was wrong don't you think one of the gun nuts would have corrected me by now? You are just playing some silly game and you can't even see how ridicules you look trying to argue against reality.

    Reality: a semiautomatic weapon can fire 1 round per trigger pull, period. It will then load another round if available. If not it will not. That is all semiautomatic means. Capacity or magazine is irreverent because it has a chamber. If it has just a 5 round magazine or just one round, you will still only get one round per trigger pull.

    You can't change reality no matter how hard you want to. Either way you know nothing about weapons at all, and don't own any as far as I can tell. So you probably lied about that as well. Hell i don't think you could handle a Nerf gun, LMAO!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-23-12 at 06:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #863
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If I was wrong don't you think one of the gun nuts would have corrected me by now? You are just playing some silly game and you can't even see how ridicules you look trying to argue against reality.


    Put up, or shot up!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #864
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Put up, or shot up!
    I just did. You lose yet again, lol.

    Shot up? In the immortal words of Cornholio! Are you threatening me? LMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #865
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,014

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well call up the US attorney and ask her. She is the chief law enforcement officer for the federal government in your judicial district

    I know what Mine would say-and yours will say the same thing
    Be my guest. Do it. report back with the evidence that can be verified. And while you are talking to her get a copy of her credentials as a writer of dictionary definitions.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #866
    Professor
    SanderO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Last Seen
    08-21-17 @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I don't favor more gun control, first because of the 2nd amendment, and its importance, and secondly, because I don't believe it would have any effect on lessening violence in this culture. What we have is a cultural problem, not a gun problem.
    How about all the 2nd Amendment advocates join a well regulated militia which controlled the weaponry?

    Have you forgotten well regulated militia?

    Why do advocates conclude that gun ownership is an INDIVIDUAL right?

    How do they justify that this amendment was written in a completely different time and is likely outdated? Can this be interpreted to mean that the well regulated militia can own tanks, and fighter jets etc?
    Nothing is as it appears.

  7. #867
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    According to the modern twist supplied by the gun lobby it well may be. According to the working definition employed at the time - it means nothing of the kind.
    Well, I disagree, and I don't think the meaning is impacted by the gun lobby, "the right" or "the left" for that matter. It simply is what it is.

  8. #868
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have never advocated any measure by the government that would have it INFRINGED.
    Other than an "assault" weapons ban?

  9. #869
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,014

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Other than an "assault" weapons ban?
    where did I advocate that measure?

    All I have advocated here is
    1- a national discussion about the issue of the Second Amendment
    2- building a memorial to the dead innocents
    3- putting an armed police person in every school - which was then endorsed days later by Wayne La Pierre of the NRA

    Those were my proposals.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #870
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And if you and I had wings we would not need cars.

    A cop does NOT have the weapons they have because of the Second Amendment. Cops all over the world in all sorts of countries bear weapons in nations where people have no right to keep and bear arms. But they do it for the same reason as American cops do it - because it is part of the equipment needed to do the job.
    There is no difference in the equipment they need to do their jobs and protect themselves then there is in the equipment needed to protect myself and my family. Firearms are not single purpose tools. The same firearm can be used in a number of roles.

    For example, I can use a hammer to build a shed or to kill an intruder. See, more than one purpose. A tool is a tool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •