View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 79 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #781
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,707

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The second amendment clearly says that the people have the right to keep and bear arms, and the SCOTUS has confirmed that.



    And in this case the conditions are to not infringe the right to keep and bear arms.
    My position is NOT based on SCOTUS. It is based on the meaning of the Second Amendment as it was written.

    btw - you mentioned HINDERED as part of the definition.... here is that definition from the same 1828 source

    hindered

    HIN'DERED, pp. Stopped; impeded; obstructed; retarded.
    That goes hand in hand with my position that the right must be stopped or defeated to be INFRINGED.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #782
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You really do NOT seem it get it do you Turtle?

    Stop telling me what you think "I am trying to say". What I have said is clear and if you simply flush all the other nonsense you can focus on that.

    You are not a police officer and do not perform their job. As such, you do not need the tools they posses to do their job.

    End of position.

    All of your jumping through hoops pretending that you are is simply you trying to rationalize the right wing paranoid delusion of pretending that you need equal fire power in case the great war of liberation comes and youy have to battle the cops.
    Personally, I think the "great war of liberation", as you put, it is unlikely....but possible. More possible would be the eventual collapse of our govt leaving us to fend for ourselves (more likely). Given that possibility, I believe it well within our need to posses adequate weaponry to provide for our own security.

  3. #783
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I never did try to argue that, as I explained to you.
    You keep dancing around your own quotes, avoiding the arguments that they addressed and continuing this racing through the weeds.

    You, however, took a single line out of a SCOTUS decision and misrepresented it's meaning.
    If I have misunderstood that the SC has never viewed that the 2nd protects the right to possess military weaponry, then I ask you again, prove it.

    The assault weapons ban was never challenged because it didn't actually do anything meaningful.
    I can objectively disprove that subjective falsehood, but that isn't the point. It did prevent you or any other citizen from legally purchasing assault weapons....and it was never challenged in the SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #784
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,707

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I get it, you think that cops deserve better tools to protect themselves from armed attacks by criminals than the rest of us do
    YOU do NOT get it.

    You are not a cop. You do nto need the tools they need to do their professional job because you do not do their professional job.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #785
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,707

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Personally, I think the "great war of liberation", as you put, it is unlikely....but possible. More possible would be the eventual collapse of our govt leaving us to fend for ourselves (more likely). Given that possibility, I believe it well within our need to posses adequate weaponry to provide for our own security.
    And the Constitution provides that for you as I have repeatedly indicated.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #786
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    My position is NOT based on SCOTUS. It is based on the meaning of the Second Amendment as it was written.
    No, as you want it to be. My point is that your point is in oppostion to what it actually means, and SCOTUS agrees with me.

    btw - you mentioned HINDERED as part of the definition.... here is that definition from the same 1828 source



    That goes hand in hand with my position that the right must be stopped or defeated to be INFRINGED.
    This is nonsensical. Anything other than "full use of" is infringement.

  7. #787
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And the Constitution provides that for you as I have repeatedly indicated.
    Not as you would have it infringed.

  8. #788
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so you deny that the second amendment recognizes a pre existing right?

    LOL, and the USSC stopped actually following the constitution during the New Deal

    do you honestly believe the commerce clause was intended to allow congress to regulate small arms?
    You are off in the weeds with mac, you two have fun out there...mkay?

    I have a game to watch, cya
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #789
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    YOU do NOT get it.

    You are not a cop. You do nto need the tools they need to do their professional job because you do not do their professional job.
    If there were no cops, he would be as much a cop as the currently existing ones are. As would you and I.

  10. #790
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are off in the weeds with mac, you two have fun out there...mkay?

    I have a game to watch, cya
    Bob and weave, homey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •