View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 78 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #771
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'll bet you that in 25 years after the ban of high capacity magazines is effect that you will see a reduction in the number massacres.
    well given crime has been decreasing for years that is not really surprising

    what we do know is that the gun hating loons claimed that when the AWB sunset, blood would run in the streets

    the were wrong

    the gun ban has no real reason other than to harass gun owners its not intended to deter criminals and would not f it were so intended.

  2. #772
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, you are arguing over verbiage, not the content. The content is that you do not have an existing right, protected by the govt, to possess military weaponry.
    the constitution disagrees with you

    I am sorry that you do not understand it.

  3. #773
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well given crime has been decreasing for years that is not really surprising
    I did not say crime, I said massacres, which have been on the increase.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #774
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ah mac, if you really are still trying to argue that the 2nd amendment protects a "right" for you to possess military weapons, then tell me how it is that the Assault Weapon Ban was never challenged in the SC?
    I never did try to argue that, as I explained to you. You, however, took a single line out of a SCOTUS decision and misrepresented it's meaning. The assault weapons ban was never challenged because it didn't actually do anything meaningful.

  5. #775
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the constitution disagrees with you

    I am sorry that you do not understand it.
    Anytime you want to back that claim, with court references, just quote me and post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #776
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Seriously, you are having this much trouble in understanding what I said? I suggest you again reread the conversation between us because once again you are going off into the weeds as you are prone to.
    I suggest you get to know the second amendment and what the founders thought about it. There is plenty of historical reference for you to research.

    No, that is the point, it was a compromise, not one view. Oh my...this is getting incomprehensible.
    And the compromise is that the right shall not be infringed. If that is incomprehensible to you, you clearly do not understand the subject...or English.

  7. #777
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Anytime you want to back that claim, with court references, just quote me and post it.
    so you deny that the second amendment recognizes a pre existing right?

    LOL, and the USSC stopped actually following the constitution during the New Deal

    do you honestly believe the commerce clause was intended to allow congress to regulate small arms?

  8. #778
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Anytime you want to back that claim, with court references, just quote me and post it.
    Like your misrepresentations?

  9. #779
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,037

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the only time a cop needs the weapon is when he is facing an imminent threat of severe bodily harm or death and that is the same for other civilians. what you are trying to say (and you are wrong) is that cops face more SERIOUS threats than other civilians. That is not true. and as I have noted, cops or almost never the target of unprovoked attacks like convenience store owners etc are. When cops are in a gun fight with mopes the cops usually know that they are going into a dangerous situation. When you are walking down the street or sitting in a movie theater or shopping in a mall you are not expecting a criminal attack. Same when you are sleeping in your bed.

    that is why non LEOs usually are facing more dire circumstances than cops. Its because the criminals almost always initiate the deployment of a weapon FIRST against a civilian. Not so with cops who often do felony search warrants or arrest warrants on unsuspecting criminals or at least get a dispatch call of a problem

    so your claim is completely wrong, counter to real life experience and is contrary to fact
    You really do NOT seem it get it do you Turtle?

    Stop telling me what you think "I am trying to say". What I have said is clear and if you simply flush all the other nonsense you can focus on that.

    You are not a police officer and do not perform their job. As such, you do not need the tools they posses to do their job.

    End of position.

    All of your jumping through hoops pretending that you are is simply you trying to rationalize the right wing paranoid delusion of pretending that you need equal fire power in case the great war of liberation comes and youy have to battle the cops.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #780
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You really do NOT seem it get it do you Turtle?

    Stop telling me what you think "I am trying to say". What I have said is clear and if you simply flush all the other nonsense you can focus on that.

    You are not a police officer and do not perform their job. As such, you do not need the tools they posses to do their job.

    End of position.

    All of your jumping through hoops pretending that you are is simply you trying to rationalize the right wing paranoid delusion of pretending that you need equal fire power in case the great war of liberation comes and youy have to battle the cops.

    I get it, you think that cops deserve better tools to protect themselves from armed attacks by criminals than the rest of us do

    you seem to think that protection from armed criminals is a duty or a job only police have to do and that the criminal attacks on cops are more serious than those on other civilians

    yet police stations don't see active shooter attacks


    so you are WRONG

    tell us why other civilians should not have those weapons

    is it because you are afraid of your neighbors being as well armed as cops

    or is it you just don't value the lives of citizens as much as state employees


    TELL US WHY WE SHOULD HAVE LESSER ARMS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •