View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 74 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #731
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Yes it was. I am fully aware of this. My point is that the guts make the gun. You don't see it that way? So ALL AR15s are exactly the same? That certainly isnt true.

    The differences are minor...but they differ. I mean m16s differ between generation and that alone has to be stated (a2, a3, a4). Another comparison; .223 vs 5.56. Same round? Or minor difference?
    Keep digging your hole, you just can't accept that the AR-15 was the first version of the M-16, all this noise about development making them "not EXACTLY the same" is funny to watch....especially coming from someone complaining about credibility.

    Once again with the feeling...please.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #732
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    For a specific reason, yes. That's the problem, you ignore the reason *WHY* they wanted it done. You entirely ignore the whole first half of the second amendment because it doesn't make any sense anymore, you just take the second half out of context and thing you've made an intelligent point.

    You're wrong.
    So the ONLY reason the founding fathers wanted guns was so they could have a military force? That is stupid. You ar quite wrong and you can look up quotes from what the founding fathers have said...that they also considered crime as a reason for defense.

    http://cap-n-ball.com/fathers.htm

    Come on Cepheus. Aren't you supposed to like...have basis for statements?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #733
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    So the ONLY reason the founding fathers wanted guns was so they could have a military force? That is stupid. You ar quite wrong and you can look up quotes from what the founding fathers have said...that they also considered crime as a reason for defense.

    The Founding Fathers on the Second Amendment

    Come on Cepheus. Aren't you supposed to like...have basis for statements?
    Not really a military force but to be ready and available for the militia should it be needed... yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #734
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, I'm not. I've never argued for the general population to be able to have select fire weapons, regardless of the founders intent.
    Funny...looks like you were:

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Baloney. Worse. Yesterdays digested baloney now going down the porcelain swirl.

    Comparing the daily life of a regular civilian to that of a cop and the tools they need to do their job is simply the height of absurdity. I cannot think of one single time in my entire life where I needed a firearm to do my job and I am 63 years old. Not a one. To pretend otherwise that you or anybody else is some crime busting superhero is just a sad joke.

    Why can't you be truthful here? You and I both know the reason why so many on the right keep insisting that they need comparable weaponry as the police or military have. And you also know the reason you insist on it rings rather hollow with most Americans who sympathize not in the least with the paranoia that fuels it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Actually, when it comes to that last part....it's specifically said in the Constitution that the citizens right to bear arms shall not be infringed. It's not the right saying it, it's the founding fathers.

    "well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #735
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Funny...looks like you were:
    Well, you've misunderstood. That was not the point of my post. The point is that it is not "the right" saying it, but rather the founders. I made no remark concerning gun ownership limitation since the writings of the founders.

  6. #736
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not really a military force but to be ready and available for the militia should it be needed... yes.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

  7. #737
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, you've misunderstood. That was not the point of my post. The point is that it is not "the right" saying it, but rather the founders. I made no remark concerning gun ownership limitation since the writings of the founders.
    "Some" founders saying "it" is not the relevant point, the point still is that the courts have determined that the 2nd amendment does not grant a right to a citizen to possess military weaponry. Further, if the founders could see the weaponry available NOW, they would agree with the court findings.

    PS...the 2nd amendment was a compromise between the Congress and the 13 states, there were many competing and conflicting views.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 12-22-12 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #738
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.
    Exactly!

    Good quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #739
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Some" founders saying "it" is not the relevant point, the point still is that the courts have determined that the 2nd amendment does not grant a right to a citizen to possess military weaponry. Further, if the founders could see the weaponry available NOW, they would agree with the court findings.

    PS...the 2nd amendment was a compromise between the Congress and the 13 states, there were many competing and conflicting views.
    Provide a quote of the founders discussing how they would agree or apologize for taken their name in vain.

    And citizens already have many military weapons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #740
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not really a military force but to be ready and available for the militia should it be needed... yes.
    Would that mean that we should all have arms like that of the military and train as such? Seems like that means more military training. At least if are going to follow the founding fathers' intent only.

    But the fact is that they DID intend for home front defense as well. That website I provided included quotes from Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry, and Washington, and Jefferson on arms for defense against criminals. I would call that intent greater than militia.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •