View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 73 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #721
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Straw, I wasn't discussing anything other than the relationship between the AR-15 and the M-16.
    Good for you. Regarldess, it is no more an assault weapon than the Ruger mini 14 due to it's semi-auto only firing.

  2. #722
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are absolutely losing track of the argument you were part of.
    No, I'm not. I've never argued for the general population to be able to have select fire weapons, regardless of the founders intent.

  3. #723
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Good for you. Regarldess, it is no more an assault weapon than the Ruger mini 14 due to it's semi-auto only firing.
    Further straw and more evidence that you just refuse to follow along with the conversation I was involved in.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #724
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Really? They wanted the populace to be able to be armed. Would you agree?
    For a specific reason, yes. That's the problem, you ignore the reason *WHY* they wanted it done. You entirely ignore the whole first half of the second amendment because it doesn't make any sense anymore, you just take the second half out of context and thing you've made an intelligent point.

    You're wrong.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #725
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, I'm not. I've never argued for the general population to be able to have select fire weapons, regardless of the founders intent.
    Again, you are still off the track, in the weeds, going red-line.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #726
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    For a specific reason, yes. That's the problem, you ignore the reason *WHY* they wanted it done. You entirely ignore the whole first half of the second amendment because it doesn't make any sense anymore, you just take the second half out of context and thing you've made an intelligent point.
    You're wrong.
    Except in historical, legal and constitutional terms.
    In that, he is correct.

  7. #727
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't know why you keep on not understanding that the AR-15 was the basis for the M-16....and if you are going to say that developed variations of the weapon make it a Ford and not a Chevy, you are just relying far too much on feelings and not on knowledge.
    Yes it was. I am fully aware of this. My point is that the guts make the gun. You don't see it that way? So ALL AR15s are exactly the same? That certainly isnt true.

    The differences are minor...but they differ. I mean m16s differ between generation and that alone has to be stated (a2, a3, a4). Another comparison; .223 vs 5.56. Same round? Or minor difference?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #728
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    Except in historical, legal and constitutional terms.
    In that, he is correct.
    No, you've just got the Supreme Court, whose sole job is to decide what the Constitution means in relation to modern events, but who can't just say that the 2nd amendment has no application today, it has to find some way to shoehorn 240 year old words into a world that the founding fathers couldn't have foreseen in their wildest dreams.

    Color me impressed.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #729
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, you are still off the track, in the weeds, going red-line.
    Again, no I'm not. Apparently you've gotten me confused with someone else.

  10. #730
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    For a specific reason, yes. That's the problem, you ignore the reason *WHY* they wanted it done. You entirely ignore the whole first half of the second amendment because it doesn't make any sense anymore, you just take the second half out of context and thing you've made an intelligent point.

    You're wrong.
    It's pretty clear why they wanted it done, but, what do you think the reason is?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •