View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 72 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #711
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And if you look in dictionaries of the day you will find out that the word INFRINGE does NOT mean what the NRA and gun culture believe it means today.

    Home :: Search the 1828 Noah Webster's Dictionary of the English Language (FREE) :: 1828.mshaffer.com

    Webster's 1828 dictionary




    In the day of the era of the Constitution , INFRINGE meant to break of contravene or destroy . As long as the government does NOT do that, you still have your right to keep and bear arms and it is not being INFRINGED.
    #2 kinda renders your take on this inaccurate.

  2. #712
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    But there IS a difference right? Not the same gun.
    The original design for thje M16 was designated AR-15 by its designer.
    When the military adopted it, it became the M16.

    At some point, Colt decided to develop a civilan version of the M16 and called it the AR-15; about a zillion ther manufacturers followed suit.

    The original AR-15 is not the same rifle as the M16 or the current AR-15.
    The M16 is not the same rifle as the current AR-15.

    Any argument that relates the AR-15, the M16 or the AR-15 as 'the same weapon' is inherently unsound, because they are not.

  3. #713
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    That's incorrect. The M-16 is the original weapon, the AR-15 is a civilianized version that came later.
    FFS....you guys are such experts...



    The AR-15 is based on the 7.62 mm AR-10, designed by Eugene Stoner, Robert Fremont, and L. James Sullivan of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation.[9] The AR-15 was developed as a lighter, 5.56 mm version of the AR-10. The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite name. ArmaLite's AR-1, AR-5, and some subsequent models were bolt action rifles, the AR-7 a semiautomatic survival rifle and there are shotguns and pistols whose model numbers include the "AR" prefix.[9]


    ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-10 and AR-15 to Colt in 1959. After a tour by Colt of the Far East, the first sale of AR-15s was made to Malaysia on September 30, 1959, with Colt's manufacture of their first 300 AR-15s in December 1959.[10] Colt marketed the AR-15 rifle to various military services around the world, including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Army, and Marine Corps. The AR-15 was eventually adopted by the United States military under the designation M16.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #714
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Except...this doesn't apply to non-militia members.
    Incorrect. It says "of the people" that phrase is used throughout the Constitution and clearly means the citizens of the US having nothing to do with their participation in a militia.

  5. #715
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Incorrect. It says "of the people" that phrase is used throughout the Constitution and clearly means the citizens of the US having nothing to do with their participation in a militia.
    This is the historically, legally, and constitutionally correct interpretation.

  6. #716
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Incorrect. It says "of the people" that phrase is used throughout the Constitution and clearly means the citizens of the US having nothing to do with their participation in a militia.
    I posted the court findings of cases involving the 2nd Amd. focusing on whether it grants a right to citizens possessing govt weaponry. It doesn't, your argument that citizens have a right to police weaponry is not supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #717
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS....you guys are such experts...



    The AR-15 is based on the 7.62 mm AR-10, designed by Eugene Stoner, Robert Fremont, and L. James Sullivan of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation.[9] The AR-15 was developed as a lighter, 5.56 mm version of the AR-10. The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite name. ArmaLite's AR-1, AR-5, and some subsequent models were bolt action rifles, the AR-7 a semiautomatic survival rifle and there are shotguns and pistols whose model numbers include the "AR" prefix.[9]


    ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-10 and AR-15 to Colt in 1959. After a tour by Colt of the Far East, the first sale of AR-15s was made to Malaysia on September 30, 1959, with Colt's manufacture of their first 300 AR-15s in December 1959.[10] Colt marketed the AR-15 rifle to various military services around the world, including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Army, and Marine Corps. The AR-15 was eventually adopted by the United States military under the designation M16.
    Well, regardless...the AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle no different than the Ruger Mini-14 in capability.

  8. #718
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I posted the court findings of cases involving the 2nd Amd. focusing on whether it grants a right to citizens possessing govt weaponry. It doesn't, your argument that citizens have a right to police weaponry is not supported.
    I didn't say they have a right to police weaponry. I did say that is what the founders intended since it was their intent to arm the people against their own govt.

  9. #719
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, regardless...the AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle no different than the Ruger Mini-14 in capability.
    Straw, I wasn't discussing anything other than the relationship between the AR-15 and the M-16.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #720
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I didn't say they have a right to police weaponry. I did say that is what the founders intended since it was their intent to arm the people against their own govt.
    You are absolutely losing track of the argument you were part of.



    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Oh but I think that is exactly the issue. You are not a cop. To pretend that the standards and equipment needs that apply to them as professional police officers apply to civilians is simply not a solid argument.

    That is a difference and I suspect most people recognize that difference. You are NOT fighting criminals the way police are. You are NOT in the same environment they are as officers performing their duties.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •