View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 57 of 171 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It lessens the damage they can do ( don't forget mentally ill) .
    No it doesn't. They can just buy a gun illegally. They could also have someone else with a clean record purchase a gun FOR them. That happens too you know.

  2. #562
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But the point you keep ignoring is that stupid people will still be able to get guns through the black market. Making firearms more difficult to obtain or outright banning them only strengthens the black market and criminal element. Along with that comes more death and violence. The same thing with drugs, prostitution, etc., as noted in my earlier post.
    I'd bet it would limit the number. I'm ok with it not being perfect.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #563
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No it doesn't. They can just buy a gun illegally. They could also have someone else with a clean record purchase a gun FOR them. That happens too you know.
    Can, but all won't. I lessen not prevent.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #564
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not what said. Your making a leap and not confining yourself to my actual argument. The stats were limited to who is actually being shot. Nothing more.
    well lets examine your "argument"

    first you said you are OK on restrictions on the rights of others

    two you said criminals aren't what motivates you

    then you mention two types of harm with guns that have absolutely no relevance to "assault weapons or accidental discharges"

    in other words, your argument is silly and stupid

  5. #565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'd bet it would limit the number. I'm ok with it not being perfect.
    No it wouldn't. It would only make the black market that much stronger. What don't you understand about that simple fact?

  6. #566
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    those people are called criminals

    when the issue is 30 rounds rather than ten that is hardly accidental

    no one cranks out 30 rounds by accident


    so we are back to intentional criminal misuse

    how many accidental shootings involved more than a couple rounds
    Mentally is ill, even when they commit a criminal act. There is a distinction between the two.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #567
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No it wouldn't. It would only make the black market that much stronger. What don't you understand about that simple fact?
    I disagree. Nor do I think what you're saying is a fact.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #568
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well lets examine your "argument"

    first you said you are OK on restrictions on the rights of others

    two you said criminals aren't what motivates you

    then you mention two types of harm with guns that have absolutely no relevance to "assault weapons or accidental discharges"

    in other words, your argument is silly and stupid


    What rights do you have for military style weapons and magazines? You just stated in another thread that the only hardship for you is that it will cost you a little extra at the shooting range.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #569
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Mentally is ill, even when they commit a criminal act. There is a distinction between the two.

    LOL anyone who shoots people in active shooter scenarios are MENTALLY ILL but they normally aren't deterred by gun laws. the guy In VT plotted that massacre for weeks.

    its easy and lame to claim that all those massacres were not the work of CRIMINALS but nut cases

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I disagree. Nor do I think what you're saying is a fact.
    You don't believe that if there was an outright ban of guns that the black market for them wouldn't grow exponentially? In order to be polite, I will say you are naive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •