View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 54 of 171 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #531
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are both spamming and lying.
    What is the lie?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #532
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    I see you feel the need to lie to yourself in order to avoid admitting you are wrong. Enjoy.
    There is not another issue where one side is so completely dishonest and so completely devoid of any factual information to bolster their idiocy

  3. #533
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that's just being lazy in argumentation. The truth is people see things differently and have actual reasons for it.
    yeah some people think they are helping people (usually themselves) by increasing public dependency

    tell us BOO since this is a GUN thread do you support reinstituting the clinton gun ban and if so why

    its a simple question-lets see if you can answer it directly

  4. #534
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    There is not another issue where one side is so completely dishonest and so completely devoid of any factual information to bolster their idiocy
    Oh, come on. Absolutes now?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #535
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    There is not another issue where one side is so completely dishonest and so completely devoid of any factual information to bolster their idiocy
    Without doubt.

  6. #536
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah some people think they are helping people (usually themselves) by increasing public dependency

    tell us BOO since this is a GUN thread do you support reinstituting the clinton gun ban and if so why

    its a simple question-lets see if you can answer it directly
    I'm ok with it. Not a big issue, but I'm ok with it. Can you follow that answer?

    And it has not one thing to do with dependency for anyone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #537
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that's just being lazy in argumentation. The truth is people see things differently and have actual reasons for it.
    How will more gun control laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals? How will that affect the black market for guns? Are you aware of how many guns are estimated to be in circulation in the United States right now?

    "According to an 2012 issues brief by the Council on Foreign Relations, the financial value of the illegal trafficking of small arms and light weapons is worth $1 Billion a year. This figure is higher than the previously reported figure of $170 Million to $320 Million that was reported by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in 2010."

    Source: “The Global Regime for Transnational Crime,” Council on Foreign Relations, Issue Brief, July 2, 2012.

  8. #538
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm ok with it. Not a big issue, but I'm ok with it. Can you follow that answer?

    And it has not one thing to do with dependency for anyone.
    so tell us why are you OK with an infringement on other peoples' rights

    that seems rather cavalier

  9. #539
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How will more gun control laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals? How will that affect the black market for guns? Are you aware of how many guns are estimated to be in circulation in the United States right now?

    "According to an 2012 issues brief by the Council on Foreign Relations, the financial value of the illegal trafficking of small arms and light weapons is worth $1 Billion a year. This figure is higher than the previously reported figure of $170 Million to $320 Million that was reported by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in 2010."

    Source: “The Global Regime for Transnational Crime,” Council on Foreign Relations, Issue Brief, July 2, 2012.
    As I said earlier, criminals don't worry me. Stupid and mentally I'll people concern me more.

    But, the question I was asked concern my support. As I said, I'm ok with it, and my reasoning has nothing to do with criminals.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #540
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I said earlier, criminals don't worry me. Stupid and mentally I'll people concern me more.

    But, the question I was asked concern my support. As I said, I'm ok with it, and my reasoning has nothing to do with criminals.

    well do tell us what your reasoning is given crime control is not a factor

    what else can possibly justify infringing on the rights of non-criminals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •