View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #1661
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    If I may add a bit...officers in my day had a 5 shot shotgun attached to the dashboard..if they needed more firepower, they didnt have rifles in the city, if you miss the round could go through tissue paper tenement walls and travel to far.
    Today some depts have rifles in the trunk along with shotguns if the officers need more firepower...and some depts have gun bus' that bring heavier firepower to an area of need.
    About clip size...well hell If I cant hit you with 10 shots 17 or 37 isnt going to matter much.
    After you break it in you can drop a clip and slap another in...in a blink...a well practiced revolver handler can speed load just a slightly longer blink.
    true, I was doing 12 shots in close to 4 seconds with a 625 revolver and moon clips

    with a double stack 1911--I'd have brass from the first mag and second mag in the air in the same time

    but there is no rational argument for limiting civilians to 20 rounds, 10 rounds because it just gets lower and lower as the scumbag governor of NY has proven

  2. #1662
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

    Heller and McDonald were about handguns. The Clinton Ban was about assault weapons.

    Because you clearly don't, do you know what dicta is?
    more unlearned idiocy. Heller was about common weapons that are neither unusual nor dangerous.

    it was about handguns because those were the bans challenged

    however, the TEST that was established in Heller clearly covers other types of weapons and will be the paradigm used if Obama decides to hand the Senate over to the GOP as CLinton did in 1994

  3. #1663
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more unlearned idiocy. Heller was about common weapons that are neither unusual nor dangerous.

    it was about handguns because those were the bans challenged

    however, the TEST that was established in Heller clearly covers other types of weapons and will be the paradigm used if Obama decides to hand the Senate over to the GOP as CLinton did in 1994
    Sorry, I'd believe Catawba over you, he is the expert after all. Who do you claim to be again?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #1664
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Sorry, I'd believe Catawba over you, he is the expert after all. Who do you claim to be again?
    catawba is an expert in what

    Me, I am an attorney whose credentials include stints as a world class shooter, a prosecutor, a representative of a major gun rights organization, someone who has survived a street mugging and the legal ramifications of shooting a mugger and a court recognized expert on firearms and self defense

    LOL-what are your credentials?

  5. #1665
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true, I was doing 12 shots in close to 4 seconds with a 625 revolver and moon clips

    with a double stack 1911--I'd have brass from the first mag and second mag in the air in the same time

    but there is no rational argument for limiting civilians to 20 rounds, 10 rounds because it just gets lower and lower as the scumbag governor of NY has proven
    Back in the dark ages of law enforcement before glocks..when we all carried revolvers..it behooved police officers to practice speed loading religiously...and I did...part of the police training commission firearms qualification required speed loading because you were timed at different distances...standing kneeling behind a barricade...they were all over 6shot series and you were timed..

  6. #1666
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Back in the dark ages of law enforcement before glocks..when we all carried revolvers..it behooved police officers to practice speed loading religiously...and I did...part of the police training commission firearms qualification required speed loading because you were timed at different distances...standing kneeling behind a barricade...they were all over 6shot series and you were timed..
    yeah that is true and you might know what it means to have a 60X PPC pin as I do
    we all went to those Safariland Comp III loaders that are spring loaders though I practice a lot with the HKS jobs that you probably were issued. but the fastest is the 45 ACP revolvers with the full moon clips

  7. #1667
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    catawba is an expert in what
    He's an expert at outmaneuvering you

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Me, I am an attorney whose credentials include stints as a world class shooter, a prosecutor, a representative of a major gun rights organization, someone who has survived a street mugging and the legal ramifications of shooting a mugger and a court recognized expert on firearms and self defense
    If all that's true, you're a terrible debater. If that's all false, that makes perfect sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL-what are your credentials?
    Judging from the quality of your posts, the same as yours, and I'm not even 19 yet
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #1668
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    He's an expert at outmaneuvering you



    If all that's true, you're a terrible debater. If that's all false, that makes perfect sense.



    Judging from the quality of your posts, the same as yours, and I'm not even 19 yet
    that was one of the longest winded concessions that you have no clue what you are talking about.

  9. #1669
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that was one of the longest winded concessions that you have no clue what you are talking about.
    I literally invented guns so my opinion is worth more than yours.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #1670
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that was one of the longest winded concessions that you have no clue what you are talking about.
    Turtle, everyone has to realize that more gun control legislation is coming. There are already a number of big republican pundits sending out the signals that it is in fact coming. There have been republicans that have come out and said they would support it.
    I believe the debate is over on whether or not there will be gun control...the debate needs to move to how much can we limit the gun control legislation that is coming...I think its a reality that will not be avoided.
    Probably the best thing the GOP could do is stand firm and let obama do an end run around them and get the legislation through anyway and they can say they didnt support it...but Im not sure even that will happen at this point..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •