View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 151 of 171 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #1501
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,661

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    And you are also acquainted with the limited use of our own force to fight them over there. The only reason they are effective is because we allow them to be.
    Correct, as we are determined not to engage in the wholesale slaughter of entire villages simply to ensure that any enemy within them is destroyed.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #1502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    According to the poster I directed my comments to, he believe these weapons are needed to protect himself against the US military and the government.
    The militia exists, in part, to assist and, when necessary, resist, the standing army.

  3. #1503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    But the government is not growing to oppress society, it is growing to offer more to society.
    A clear indication of your acute - and likely, willful - ignorance.

    Everything that the government gives to someone, it has taken from someone else.
    The more it gives, the more it has to take.

    Don't worry - I'm sure I'll have to explain this to you.

  4. #1504
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    The militia exists, in part, to assist and, when necessary, resist, the standing army.
    Have you seen these "melitia". I have seen videos and I doubt the could protect themselves from anything more than a pack of rabid squirrel. Most of them look like if they ran 100 feet they would die from a heart attack.

    American militia = grabbin a gun and firing at stuff while drinking a 12 pack.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  5. #1505
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    A clear indication of your acute - and likely, willful - ignorance.

    Everything that the government gives to someone, it has taken from someone else.
    The more it gives, the more it has to take.

    Don't worry - I'm sure I'll have to explain this to you.
    That system has been in effect since the country was founded. Just because we can't agree on who deserves tax money, does not mean we need to overthrow the government.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  6. #1506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I have no need to own one.
    Irelevant to what I said - unless you're a felon, etc, it IS a constitutional right for you, too.

  7. #1507
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    NOt in the eyes of the constitution.

    what if there are 5-6 bad guys

    how many home invasion robberies have you investigated?

    indeed fill me in on your CIVILIAN law enforcement expertise where the rules of engagement are a bit different than that for a grunt or a jarhead. that is what we are talking about-CIVILIAN environments, civilian self defense parameters etc
    Still waiting on the example you cite where the LE used #4 buck. I doubt you have any investigations under your belt, or done any study on them. No matter the number coming at you it is the ability to put fatal rounds on target, so a 20 round mag does just fine, mostly because if it is a confrontation at the front door, you with your M4orgery, you won't get off more than 10 rounds tops.

    Again you dance around the fact the Policeman is a Commissioned Officer and runs TO danger while the never been puffies run the other way. The World Trade Center is a point in sharp contrast, as the 3K suits ran away the cops climbed the stairs to face certain death.

    But again you dodge my point because it knocks your soapbox over.

    I'd restrict both Civilians and Law Enforcement to 20 round mags in semi-only weapons. You are too busy peddling your wares to listen.

    Oh don't count on 'dicta' to do diddly for you. Justice Scalia tipped his hole card and the NRA would be wise to heed the message. Let us not forget back in '94 the NRA quailed away from fighting the AWB and let a decade of 'tyranny, socialism and patriot persecution'

    Either the NRA saw a profit motive in just baiting the rabble or knew a full contest of restrictions would not go well.

  8. #1508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Have you seen these "melitia".
    Ah - more willfull ignorance on your part.

  9. #1509
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Still waiting on the example you cite where the LE used #4 buck. I doubt you have any investigations under your belt, or done any study on them. No matter the number coming at you it is the ability to put fatal rounds on target, so a 20 round mag does just fine, mostly because if it is a confrontation at the front door, you with your M4orgery, you won't get off more than 10 rounds tops.

    Again you dance around the fact the Policeman is a Commissioned Officer and runs TO danger while the never been puffies run the other way. The World Trade Center is a point in sharp contrast, as the 3K suits ran away the cops climbed the stairs to face certain death.

    But again you dodge my point because it knocks your soapbox over.

    I'd restrict both Civilians and Law Enforcement to 20 round mags in semi-only weapons. You are too busy peddling your wares to listen.

    Oh don't count on 'dicta' to do diddly for you. Justice Scalia tipped his hole card and the NRA would be wise to heed the message. Let us not forget back in '94 the NRA quailed away from fighting the AWB and let a decade of 'tyranny, socialism and patriot persecution'

    Either the NRA saw a profit motive in just baiting the rabble or knew a full contest of restrictions would not go well.
    Unless you are a millionaire, why would 5 or 6 people be trying to rob your house? Most middle class americans do not have enough money in the house or valueables for that matter to divide up between 5-6 people to make it worth the risk of getting caught.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  10. #1510
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,696

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Get what?? Caught up into some of the crazy things people say on the internet. No, I don't get it. I think there are people out there that need serious medical and psychological assistance and the internet is a good example of that.
    Like I said, the precedent is there, ignore it at your own peril.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •