View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 13 of 171 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #121
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,888

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Show me what country has 10,000 knife killings a year?
    Will America suffice?

    How many knife related deaths occur in the USA each year? | ChaCha

    "About 10,000 people die a year from stabbings."
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your grammer nazi comment did not deserve a coherent, intelligent response. You may have better success in getting a coherent, intelligent response, by first making a coherent, intelligent comment.
    My comment wasn't dealing with grammar but with your generalized view point. The massacres that occur are not a "result" of guns. The massacres are the result of individuals making the choice to kill people. If you're meaning that Pot isn't used by people who wish to murder people as a means of inflicting death...well, yes, you're correct. Will you next tell us people don't use dumbells as flippers and cloth to pierce skin?

    Your entire premise is based off this notion that hey...a certain type of gun is used in some massacres, therefore we need to get rid of that gun. You defend this by throwing the strawman out that Pot isn't used for that purpose (again, no **** sherlock). However, it's not real defense to the notion. Massacres can happen with semi-automatic rifles not being banned...they also can happen WITH semi-automatic rifles banned. They can be carried out with "assault weapons". They can also be carried out without one. Which is why the entire ridiculous notion of focusing on assault weapons or other such non-sense rather than perhaps looking deeper into the potential root issues is idiotic. It's why political driven agenda pushers that enjoy raping these type of tragedies for your own hyper partisan purposes immediately jump into the same hackneyed histrionics...because you know damn well it's not about "assault weapons". That's just one step in your larger goal. Because your same retarded logic that you ignorantly use to reach your current conclusion will just then be attributed to the next thing down the check list that is used. "Hey, assault weapons were banned and the next guy shot the place up with a shotgun. Hey, we need to ban shotguns! If you don't want to ban shotguns you want kids to be killed! The amendments of the constitution I don't like don't matter, to **** if the same logic would **** all over the amendments I like". And on and on. All because this isn't about "massacres" to you...it's about your desire to rape this incident to score points in your pathetic little political games, nothing more.

  3. #123
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    My comment wasn't dealing with grammar but with your generalized view point. The massacres that occur are not a "result" of guns.
    So you have an objection of my incorrect usage of "result" but you bristle when someone points out your incorrect spelling. Got it!


    Your entire premise is based off this notion that hey...a certain type of gun is used in some massacres, therefore we need to get rid of that gun.
    Nope, I am pointing out that in most massacres in the US and Mexico, the gun of choice is one that will accept high capacity magazines.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #124
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Will America suffice?

    How many knife related deaths occur in the USA each year? | ChaCha

    "About 10,000 people die a year from stabbings."
    Which is about 1/3 of the 30,000 people that die of gunshot wounds each year in the US!

    How many gunshot deaths occur each year in the US
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #125
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,888

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Which is about 1/3 of the 30,000 people that die of gunshot wounds each year in the US!

    How many gunshot deaths occur each year in the US
    So? You asked in a manner that suggested a challenge, as if such a country couldn't be found. This reply clearly indicates that it didn't matter if someone met your challenge and disproved your assumption, you were going to persist on with your hoplophobia no matter what.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  6. #126
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Which is about 1/3 of the 30,000 people that die of gunshot wounds each year in the US!

    How many gunshot deaths occur each year in the US
    Are you going to make any concessions or simply deflect? You claimed the china stabbing event as proof of our need to curb guns. Was this an accident and you take it back?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Glad you agree!
    LOL, obviously you have no clue what I was referring to. If you want to kill large numbers of people, a gun is a very inefficient way of doing it. At Columbine and in other of these shootings, the perps built bombs. Now to kill 20 people close to each other with a gun, you have to aim, fire, re-aim, fire again, twenty times. However, if you take the bombs built by some of these and put a fuse on them, you can easily kill all twenty with only one bomb and probably before they even knew they were in danger.

    So, a gun, any gun, when perpetrating any such crime, a gun is a very, very inefficient way to do it, it is stupid to use that method when a more efficient method is available.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    No, I said what I posted above.
    What I got, and probably others, is that the availability of the gun and high capacity magazines were the cause of massacres, not that they determined the lethality of the massacre. And BTW, even low capacity magazines in magazine loaded guns, it takes very little time to swap them out, especially if you train yourself and practice it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The difference being, in China 22 students were injured. Here, 22 students were killed.
    Yes, the lethality was different, but the fact that attacks can occur with or without the presence of guns was the point. The gun did not cause the attack, a person did.

    I doubt you will get anyone to argue that a knife is more lethal than a gun. Even a well trained knife fighter against a amateur, untrained person with a gun will probably only win 1 out of 10 times and zero times if there is any type of distance to be covered.

    As I pointed out above, there are far more lethal means available, just be glad that they weren't used.

    And in all of the cases, recent and past, as Demonstrated during the Mall attack in Oregon (were it has been reported there was another armed person there that was not shooting randomly and only endangered the perp), it would of taken only a single armed person to either stop or minimize all these attacks.

    Because only the bad guy had a gun, all of these type of attacks were far more lethal and affected far more people because a good guy/gal there didn't have a gun.

    I also note that other than trying to take guns away or giving them to everyone and in every place, you had no answer to how to prevent future massacres.
    Last edited by DVSentinel; 12-17-12 at 07:35 PM.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #128
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Yes, the lethality was different...
    Yes, it certainly was! I don't think you would get any argument from the parents of all those innocent kids who will never get to grow up now.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Which is about 1/3 of the 30,000 people that die of gunshot wounds each year in the US!

    How many gunshot deaths occur each year in the US
    How many are killed each year through the misuse of automobiles? Both are caused by [B]PEOPLE[B] who misuse an inanimate object and that illegal misuse causes the death of other people.

    Yes, guns are purposely designed to kill, but other than defense, the are not licensed, sold or in a lot of cases owned for the purpose of killing people.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, it certainly was! I don't think you would get any argument from the parents of all those innocent kids who will never get to grow up now.
    Your point?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •