View Poll Results: Would you support more restrictions on guns if they had the potential to save lives?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 42.65%
  • No

    102 50.00%
  • Others

    15 7.35%
Page 118 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1703

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #1171
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Australia is an island with a very strict immigration policy and very few ethnic ghettos.

    1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 1995

    Australian Immigration - Multiculturalism
    Tight immigration policy? I see what haymarket means about lessons to learn.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #1172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    They did not use those words. They did not say what you wanted them to say. Your problem is not with me but with what they failed to do.
    What are you rambling about? Didn't use what words?

    I am just as free to make an interpretation as you are. Because I also have Freedom of Speech, I have just as much right to express my interpretation as you do.

    What makes you more of an expert on what the framers meant than anyone else? Have you proven that your own desires do not influence your opinion on the subject?

    I, personally, believe that you have amply shown your "desires"/bias to have a particular interpretation accepted has been more than proven by your own posts. You have done more to discredit your interpretation and lend an extreme bias to it, than anything the rest of us could ever possibly do.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #1173
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its a good thing then that the Constitution speaks loud and clear in Article I, Section 8 then.
    that is not relevant to the gun control debate and the "congress can do anything it wants" nonsense is what has screwed this country up. It completely ignores the tenth amendment and the very premise on which the constitution was based.

    tell us what sentence or sub clause you claims allows regulation of small arms.

  4. #1174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    No contemporaneous sources? No constitutional scholars? Nothing at all besides for your own opinion?
    Expert sources on the meaning of the terms are NOT my opinion.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #1175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    And what, pray tell, does it say?
    U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

    and we have been down this path before.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    What are you rambling about? Didn't use what words?

    I am just as free to make an interpretation as you are. Because I also have Freedom of Speech, I have just as much right to express my interpretation as you do.

    What makes you more of an expert on what the framers meant than anyone else? Have you proven that your own desires do not influence your opinion on the subject?

    I, personally, believe that you have amply shown your "desires"/bias to have a particular interpretation accepted has been more than proven by your own posts. You have done more to discredit your interpretation and lend an extreme bias to it, than anything the rest of us could ever possibly do.
    What BIAS would that be? What are my DESIRES?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is not relevant to the gun control debate and the "congress can do anything it wants" nonsense is what has screwed this country up. It completely ignores the tenth amendment and the very premise on which the constitution was based.

    tell us what sentence or sub clause you claims allows regulation of small arms.
    I ner said that Congress can do anything it wants. You are lying about that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #1178
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I ner said that Congress can do anything it wants. You are lying about that.
    well then maybe you will tell us what part of A1Sec8 justifies all the infringements you support then

  9. #1179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Expert sources on the meaning of the terms are NOT my opinion.
    All you have done is share your opinion as to which meaning you think was intended.

  10. #1180
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What BIAS would that be? What are my DESIRES?
    From you posts, I get that you are biased towards and have a desire for restricting/banning certain weapons and ammunition magazines.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •