View Poll Results: Would Santorum have Beaten Obama?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely, no question

    2 2.22%
  • Probably, but still doubts

    0 0%
  • 50/50

    1 1.11%
  • Unlikely

    16 17.78%
  • No chance

    71 78.89%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 133

Thread: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

  1. #21
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Cain was, essentially, a joke candidate. His "7-7-7" plan had no backing at all from creditable economists, and his entire campaign smacked of being basically an effort at self-aggrandizement. I consider my map actually very conservative; it's possible Cain could've had a total meltdown had he actually won the nomination and lost many states that I gave him.
    It was actually 9-9-9 and I thought it would have probably had to be 11-11-11. I thought he would have done very well, but all we can really do is disagree with one another.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  2. #22
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Nope not even close...


  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Much as I like my almost neighbor Herman Caine, could we take that discussion elsewhere please.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #24
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Saw this question asked on TV today, and it got me thinking. There are a number of ways that a Santorum campaign would have significantly differed from a Romney campaign, and would have been the "true conservative" the far right was clammoring for. How likely do you think a Santorum win would have been if he had gotten the nomination?
    I think Santorum would have done worse than Romney. The only people clamoring for a far right conservative is/was the far right.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    A couple things to think about:

    1) One of Romney's problems is that people just did not much like him. Santorum was very likable.

    2) Another problem of Romney's is that he was seen as a flip flopper on issues. Santorum would not have had that problem.

    3) It would have been much harder to paint Santorum as an out of touch rich guy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Is Santorum that likable? It may very well be my libertarian biases thinking for me, but he always has struck me as being an incredibly smug guy. And he reminds me of Norman Bates in his sweater-vest.
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Is Santorum that likable? It may very well be my libertarian biases thinking for me, but he always has struck me as being an incredibly smug guy. And he reminds me of Norman Bates in his sweater-vest.
    Yeah, he was likable I think. I could not agree with him on probably any political issue, but I still think he was a pretty decent, likable guy. Certainly moreso than Romney/
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,197

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    A couple things to think about:

    1) One of Romney's problems is that people just did not much like him. Santorum was very likable.

    2) Another problem of Romney's is that he was seen as a flip flopper on issues. Santorum would not have had that problem.

    3) It would have been much harder to paint Santorum as an out of touch rich guy.
    He may be able to be painted as an out of touch rich guy but far easier to paint as an out of control lunatic.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Santorum was very likable.
    '

    That's debatable because for me, his comment of "babies from rape are a gift from God" made him absolutely repulsive to me along with his views of sodomy which he stated "the right to privacy doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution", and "sodomy laws properly exist to prevent acts which undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family."

    2) Another problem of Romney's is that he was seen as a flip flopper on issues. Santorum would not have had that problem.
    While Santorum wasn't a flip-flopper, extremist views (even when you don't flip flop) are still extremist views.

    3) It would have been much harder to paint Santorum as an out of touch rich guy.
    His extremist views made him an "out of touch" guy with the rest of the country. The only people he really resonated with were other social conservatives.

    I wanted him to win the GOP nomination so the right could no longer say they lose elections because they aren't conservative enough. If Santorum had gotten the nomination, the election would have been a landslide vicytory for Obama IMO.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Santorum Have Beaten Obama?

    Ummmm...it was Richard Mourdock who made the rape baby comment.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •