View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #811
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,782

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    so, if the heart of the matter is equal rights...why do so many gay supporters not support equal rights for those other groups? forget the courts
    1.) how do you know they dont and that it is "so many"
    2.) what "EQUAL" rights are you referring to or are you simply referring to NEW RIGHTS that some want

    regardless gay rights is equal rights and its a shame so many Americans would vote against them.

    DOnt have to like it, dont have to support it/fight for it, but those that vote against it are pathetic hypocrites.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #812
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) how do you know they dont and that it is "so many"
    2.) what "EQUAL" rights are you referring to or are you simply referring to NEW RIGHTS that some want

    regardless gay rights is equal rights and its a shame so many Americans would vote against them.

    DOnt have to like it, dont have to support it/fight for it, but those that vote against it are pathetic hypocrites.
    how do I know they don't? because I see them saying so on this forum.

    what equal rights? the same equal right to get married that gays want.

    I have posted many times that I have no problem with SSM. what I find hypocritical are those who support SSM but oppose marriage of other non-traditional unions between consenting adults
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #813
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,782

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    1.)how do I know they don't? because I see them saying so on this forum.

    2.)what equal rights? the same equal right to get married that gays want.

    I have posted many times that I have no problem with SSM. what I find hypocritical are those who support SSM but oppose marriage of other non-traditional unions between consenting adults
    1.) some people on this forum thinking what you thinking what you think is against equal rights means there are "so many"? ok LOL

    2.) yes but you havent explains what equal rights you are talking about, simply wanting to marry is not a equal rights so i am asking you what "non-traditional" (which is made up opinion) marriages are you talking about.

    Im guess you arent talking about "EQUAL" rights and you are talking about people wanting NEW rights is my point. please give me an example.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #814
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Some people on this thread think they are sarcastically funny. Nope.

  5. #815
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) some people on this forum thinking what you thinking what you think is against equal rights means there are "so many"? ok LOL

    2.) yes but you havent explains what equal rights you are talking about, simply wanting to marry is not a equal rights so i am asking you what "non-traditional" (which is made up opinion) marriages are you talking about.

    Im guess you arent talking about "EQUAL" rights and you are talking about people wanting NEW rights is my point. please give me an example.

    since when is wanting to get married a "new" right?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #816
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    since when is wanting to get married a "new" right?
    Loving versus Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #817
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,782

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    since when is wanting to get married a "new" right?
    well facts and reality
    it would depend on what and who wants to marry.

    seems you are shying away from the question because you realize your argument is a failed one. (hypocrites not standing up for OTHER EQUAL rights)

    now your examples please
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #818
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    well facts and reality
    it would depend on what and who wants to marry.

    seems you are shying away from the question because you realize your argument is a failed one. (hypocrites not standing up for OTHER EQUAL rights)

    now your examples please
    already given and dismissed or ignored because they don't agree with your POV
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #819
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,782

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    already given and dismissed or ignored because they don't agree with your POV
    translation: you cant back up you BS false statment, I knew that already but i was trying to give you the benifit of the doubt

    again if you disagree all i need is factual examples of these EQUAL RIGHTS that many pro gay equal right people dont support.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #820
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    I dont give a crap WHAT they do. just as long as it doesnt cost me any money.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •