View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #501
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    argumentum ad nauseam

    And it is an unequal consideration of opinions of who can participate in a marriage. The current marriage laws unequally ban the ideas of certain groups of consenting adults of being able to have the contract.
    translation, you still have no facts while i do
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #502
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yes that was my response and its true, since legal marriage and religious marriage are quit different

    there was no lie at all, you simply make stuff up and what people ACTUALLY write you make stuff up in your head about it LMAO, its very common with you you do it a lot.
    i never said it had no influnces which YOU said LMAO those are not even close to the same the only person that lies is you LMAO

    please post more so you can look foolish again, i never said what you said which was this "you openly denied how the current marriage laws had Christian influence..." this never happened you made it up and lied and that 100% FACT lol

    tell me that cool line about ego again since you just failed and lied AGAIN lol

    let me know when you have something to disprove this is an equal rights issue
    Uhhh no, you see, the MARRIAGE LAWS were influenced by Protestant Christianity.

    do you deny this now?

  3. #503
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    translation, you still have no facts while i do
    You haven't expressed any facts...

  4. #504
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    [QUOTE=ChrisL;1061236702]
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post

    1.)Don't know what you're talking about.



    2.)Explain how it would be inaccurate please. And why would it have to be changed at all. There is nothing inaccurate about it. It is completely accurate as it is with groom/bride or any combination of the two.
    1.) because you said you disagree but then went and made something up that wasnt there or isnt in existence.
    I asked a very specific question, you said you disagree and then provided a solution that you like that wasnt an option in my question.

    2.) easy everybody isnt a bride and groom, and may not be.

    I agree why did it need changed it used to say participating parties what was wrong with that and why do you not anser that question?
    many states and millions of certs say just that, participating parties.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #505
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    You haven't expressed any facts...
    im sure you believe that, but you are simply wrong again.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #506
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    translation, you still have no facts while i do
    These are my conclusions based on the definitions of equal rights... which looked up a definition as this...Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights.

    Your conclusions are not more or less based on fact than mine.

  7. #507
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Uhhh no, you see, the MARRIAGE LAWS were influenced by Protestant Christianity.

    do you deny this now?
    as i already said a couple times, yes marriage had MANY influences in its creation

    what your point, its meaningless to the topic and its something i NEVER denied one single time.

    man i can smell your desperation
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    [QUOTE=Objective-J;1061236724][QUOTE=ChrisL;1061236702]

    1.) because you said you disagree but then went and made something up that wasnt there or isnt in existence.
    I asked a very specific question, you said you disagree and then provided a solution that you like that wasnt an option in my question.
    Still don't know what you're talking about. Please quote what you have a problem with in my response where I supposedly "made something up."

    2.) easy everybody isnt a bride and groom, and may not be.
    Oh no? Then what would they be? Everyone is either male or female. You may not like that, but it is an undeniable FACT.

    I agree why did it need changed it used to say participating parties what was wrong with that and why do you not anser that question?
    I can't make heads nor tails out of this sentence. Sorry.

    many states and millions of certs say just that, participating parties.
    Participating parties what?

  9. #509
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    These are my conclusions based on the definitions of equal rights... which looked up a definition as this...Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights.

    Your conclusion are not more or less based on fact than mine.
    I agree with that definition, your conclusions are 100% inaccurate, i draw no conclusions only state the facts, sorry.

    you are inequality where there isnt any
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #510
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    08-24-13 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    207

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    On the one hand,
    folks are going to do whatever they want to do,
    and no amount of legislation is going to stop them;

    on the other hand,
    acceptance of alternate lifestlyes forces everyone into this sort of Silence of Political Correctness
    where they are then denied their freedoms of speech, thought and lifestyle choices
    for themselves and their families.

    And, sadly,

    more and more,

    we're becoming a nation,

    divided.

Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •