View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #441
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)These arguments are not valid, because you can substitute the same thing when gay marriage was banned.
    Look at it here...
    ill try to make the facts as easy as possible for you

    2.)is there "anybody" that can merry a person of the same sex? NO
    so granting that to ANYBODY would be a NEW right

    3.)in the case of today when gay marriage is not banned

    4.)is there anybody that can merry women/man? yes men/woman can
    so granting any consensual adult that ability would be EQUAL rights

    facts can lead you to water but they can make you drink
    1.) no you can not LMAO
    2.) but the opposite stil remains and it does NOT in your example only in mine, in one example there is NEVER anybody that has a right that nobody else has, in mine that is NOT true and its why history and facts support me and you have zero support.

    3.) see above
    4.) wrong because nobody can do that, NOBODY, men and women CAN merry but NOT men/woman family members LMAO FAIL WOW
    5.) mine is water yours is koolaid, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep posting though because this is FUN!!!

    your posts HELP me and you dont even see it LMAO

    how you cant see those examples are COMPLETELY different is beyond me
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #442
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) and thats what makes my examples the same and relevant
    2.) yes i did many many times because they would fit NEW rights has stated many many many times

    these were facts yesterday and they will be facts tomorrow
    2) No, you didn't actually...
    so Just because you declare that all consensual adults as not a group that deserves equal rights, they don't deserve equal right? Where do you get this conception? Equal rights means "Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights" and why do not all concentual adults fit into this category?

  3. #443
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    2) No, you didn't actually...
    so Just because you declare that all consensual adults as not a group that deserves equal rights, they don't deserve equal right? Where do you get this conception? Equal rights means "Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights" and why do not all concentual adults fit into this category?
    this is NOT what i did its more things you are making up LOL
    they arent being denied any rights before the law thats why your argument always fails and history and facts win every time
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #444
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    2.) but the opposite stil remains and it does NOT in your example only in mine, in one example there is NEVER anybody that has a right that nobody else has, in mine that is NOT true and its why history and facts support me and you have zero support.
    HERE, this is where I disagree with you...

    in this case some consensual adults have rights over other consensual adults...so Just because you declare that all consensual adults as not a group that deserves equal rights, they don't deserve equal right? Where do you get this conception? Equal rights means "Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights" and why do not all consensual adults fit into this category?

  5. #445
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    this is NOT what i did its more things you are making up LOL
    they arent being denied any rights before the law thats why your argument always fails and history and facts win every time
    Yes they are! when one group of people can't have the same rights as another group of people then that is discrimination. what we are discussing specifically right at this moment has nothing to do with history.

  6. #446
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    HERE, this is where I disagree with you...

    in this case some consensual adults have rights over other consensual adults...so Just because you declare that all consensual adults as not a group that deserves equal rights, they don't deserve equal right? Where do you get this conception? Equal rights means "Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights" and why do not all consensual adults fit into this category?
    again i didnt do that "declare all consensual adults as a group that deserves equal rights" why do you make stuff up all the time? LMAO its like you think posts disappear or something
    I said they arent being denied rights that others are granted so in general they dont fight "equal" rights

    so you disagree with nobody its another made up fantasy point that doesnt change facts lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #447
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Yes they are! when one group of people can't have the same rights as another group of people then that is discrimination. what we are discussing specifically right at this moment has nothing to do with history.
    they do have the same rights thats why you fail
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #448
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    again i didnt do that "declare all consensual adults as not a group that deserves equal rights" why do you make stuff up all the time? LMAO its like you think posts disappear or something
    I said they arent being denied rights that others are granted so in general they dont fight "equal" rights

    so you disagree with nobody its another made up fantasy point that doesnt change facts lol
    I bolded my actual quote.

    OMG, you have failed again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    no they fought for minoirties back then and people who were being discriminated lol

    consensual adults do not fit for equal rights sorry i proved this many times now lol but i LOVE you keep arguing against facts
    Equal rights means "Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights" ... How don't all consensual adults not fit in this category of equal rights?

    if this is not what you meant then please clarify.

  9. #449
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    they do have the same rights thats why you fail
    Can a Man marry multiple women? NO

    Can two family members marry? NO

    These groups of consensual adults do not have equal rights to other consensual adults.

    This all comes down to you and the government having NO PLACE defining who can participate in a marriage! Because it is subjective.

  10. #450
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I bolded my actual quote.

    OMG, you have failed again!

    Equal rights means "Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights" ... How don't all consensual adults not fit in this category of equal rights?

    if this is not what you meant then please clarify.
    yes THAT is what i said which is NOTHING like saying they dont "deserve" equal rights and the other BS you said in your qote here
    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post

    in this case some consensual adults have rights over other consensual adults...so Just because you declare that all consensual adults as not a group that deserves equal rights, they don't deserve equal right? Where do you get this conception? Equal rights means "Equality before the law, when all people have the same rights" and why do not all consensual adults fit into this category?
    LMAO you lose again, thanks for proving me right yet AGAIN

    they dont fit because they arent being denied anything, they are already equal under the law if we are talking about family members
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •