View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #431
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)Okay you can chill on the attacks... it's not helping your argument in any way... even though it may make you feel better.

    2.)You really seem to not paying attention to my arguments at all. I demonstrated how your example didn't relate to our topic... This has nothing to do with "no understanding of equal rights or americas history".

    3.)It does not relate, because women wanting the right to vote, wanted to include EVERYONE to not be discriminated against... accept for by age... which I said before is commonly accepted discrimination, so is by citizenship and crime history... each having their own reasons..

    4.)You have not given me a single reason why-not all consenting adults participate in the marriage contract.

    I would really perfer to debate this with someone else that has your same viewpoint, because you just seem to not be able to grasp what I am saying.
    1.) no attacks TRUTH lol
    2.) my example is 100% relevant because its the SAME LMAO history and facts prove that
    3.) woman wanted WOMEN to vote because they couldnt and MEN could, it applies 100%
    4.) yes i did many times because thats not equal rights and thats the plan fact whether you accept it or not
    5.) i grasp what you are saying fine, the problem is you are simply wrong and what you are saying is not true and meaningless

    like i said i have facts and history what do you have? nothing

    no matter how much you say it, equal gay rights is in no way the same as people wanting a grandmother to be able to marry a grandson, thats not the same in anyway LOL

    one is equal rights, one is something totally new that NOBODY can do, "NOBODY" the other MANY PEOPLE can do lmao
    common sense and facts 101

    these facts wont change for you lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #432
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    OH MY, I cannot believe who I am debating with lol...

    BLACKS DID FIGHT FOR ALL RACES TO NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. This is why this example does not fit our conversation. YOU ARE NOT FIGHTING FOR ALL CONSENSUAL ADULTS TO BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT, YOU ARE ONLY FIGHTING FOR ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE, gays.
    no they fought for minoirties back then and people who were being discriminated lol

    consensual adults do not fit for equal rights sorry i proved this many times now lol but i LOVE you keep arguing against facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #433
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    BEAT IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD DUDE.... YOU CAN SAY THE SAME THING IN THE CASE OF GAY PEOPLE WHEN GAY MARRIAGE WAS BANNED. So your argument FAILS
    its NOT the same, sorry you dont have the education to see that fact on this subject but they are not the same.

    NO family member can marry family members LOL ZERO so that would be NEW rights
    but a MAN can marry a WOMAN so therfore a WOMAN should be able to merry a WOMAN, THAT is equal rights

    again basic common sense you just arent educated enough on this subject to understand.

    but dont worry ill tell the majority of the gay rights movment, facts and hostory that they are wrong and you are right LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #434
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    I agree 100% there's no way he is American or an adult.
    Finally, please....
    Can you give an argument or discuss why my points are wrong?
    You may be more reasonable...

  5. #435
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    post
    ill try to make the facts as easy as possible for you

    is there "anybody" that can merry their family member? NO
    so granting that to ANYBODY would be a NEW right

    is there anybody that can merry women? yes men can
    so granting women that ability would be EQUAL rights

    facts can lead you to water but they can make you drink
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #436
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    no they fought for minoirties back then and people who were being discriminated lol

    consensual adults do not fit for equal rights sorry i proved this many times now lol but i LOVE you keep arguing against facts
    1) that is what I am saying dude...

    2) You have never said that consensual adults do not fit for equal rights... but that's an interesting claim, please elaborate. Why do consensual adults not fit for rights like everyone else?

  7. #437
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1) that is what I am saying dude...

    2) You have never said that consensual adults do not fit for equal rights... but that's an interesting claim, please elaborate. Why do consensual adults not fit for rights like everyone else?
    1.) and thats what makes my examples the same and relevant
    2.) yes i did many many times because they would fit NEW rights has stated many many many times

    these were facts yesterday and they will be facts tomorrow
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #438
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Finally, please....
    Can you give an argument or discuss why my points are wrong?
    You may be more reasonable...
    They were already accurately stated why you are wrong and what's more reasonable than truth.?
    Your examples are not about equal rights.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  9. #439
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    ill try to make the facts as easy as possible for you

    is there "anybody" that can merry their family member? NO
    so granting that to ANYBODY would be a NEW right

    is there anybody that can merry women? yes men can
    so granting women that ability would be EQUAL rights

    facts can lead you to water but they can make you drink
    These arguments are not valid, because you can substitute the same thing when gay marriage was banned.
    Look at it here...
    ill try to make the facts as easy as possible for you

    is there "anybody" that can merry a person of the same sex? NO
    so granting that to ANYBODY would be a NEW right

    in the case of today when gay marriage is not banned

    is there anybody that can merry women/man? yes men/woman can
    so granting any consensual adult that ability would be EQUAL rights

    facts can lead you to water but they can make you drink

    Your arguments simply DONT WORK... if you can construct ones that do, I WILL BELIEVE YOU.

  10. #440
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    They were already accurately stated why you are wrong and what's more reasonable than truth.?
    Your examples are not about equal rights.
    please elaborate... or I'm afraid you have nothing to contribute to the discussion...

Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •