View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #421
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) nope just a deflection you keep trying to use that fails and doesnt stick
    2.) no you are wrong because NO FAMILY MEMBERS CAN MERRY A FAMILY MEMBER LMAO

    how this basic common sense escapes you is exactly why i dont believe you are an american or of age, its hilarious how foolish you make yourself look when you say the things you do.

    also like i said its not MY argument its FACTS and HISTORY'S argument and the same one that woman and minorities already made for their equal rights LMAO

    nothing needs "constructed" because hostroy and facts already did that, let me know when you have anything factually that changes anything, ill be waiting
    When Homosexual marriage was banned neither could they, and again you are focusing on the family member thing for shock value... I love it...

    It is you that are making a fool of themselves, because you do not seem to know how to construct a formal argument. To your benefit though, I think it may be impossible to construct one in your favor, because you are wrong

    I have to go, but I will continue this later...
    Last edited by celticwar17; 12-11-12 at 05:50 AM.

  2. #422
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)When Homosexual marriage was banned neither could they.

    It is you that are making a fool of themselves, because you do not seem to know how to construct a formal argument. To your benefit though, I think it may be impossible to construct one in your favor, because you are wrong
    1.) what?
    2.) of course YOU think that but again facts and hostory support me while you have ZERO support

    sorry again facts are right and you are wrong and that has been proven many times now, you denying it doesnt change anything

    by your logic blacks and women never fought for equal rights LMAO, talk about making a fool of yourself, no thanks ill stick with facts.

    let me know when you have some.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #423
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)hmmm, are they excluding anyone to vote? Can family members, gay lovers, and polygamist vote? I think they can... so this example does not relate.

    voting is a privileged only give by people who are over the age of 18, so I guess you can make an argument that it discriminates on the basis on age. But this is something they admit to, they admit to discriminating on the basis of age for voting, crime history, and citizenship for specific reasons. You are not providing reasons why any should be excluded from the marriage contract, and I think I could counter any reason, because in my opinion there are no good reasons to exclude any two consenting adults from the marriage contract.
    wow you cant be this silly? once AGAIN you just proved you have no understanding of equal rights or americas history, there is no way you are of age and or from america
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #424
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) what?
    2.) of course YOU think that but again facts and hostory support me while you have ZERO support

    sorry again facts are right and you are wrong and that has been proven many times now, you denying it doesnt change anything

    by your logic blacks and women never fought for equal rights LMAO, talk about making a fool of yourself, no thanks ill stick with facts.

    let me know when you have some.
    what do you mean "what?"
    you said,"NO FAMILY MEMBERS CAN MERRY A FAMILY MEMBER "
    neither could gay people

    your argument fails, once again.

    You clearly have no understand of what we are talking about about...
    blacks fought for equal rights for everyone not just themselves. If they were just fighting for themselves and not every single person (except obviously the people who were not being discriminated), then they were being discriminatory.
    Your examples so how truly oblivious you are...

    I came back for one more

  5. #425
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)what do you mean "what?"
    you said,"NO FAMILY MEMBERS CAN MERRY A FAMILY MEMBER "
    neither could gay people

    your argument fails, once again.

    You clearly have no understand of what we are talking about about...
    2.)blacks fought for equal rights for everyone not just themselves. If they were just fighting for themselves and not every single person (except obviously the people who were not being discriminated), then they were being discriminatory.
    Your examples so how truly oblivious you are...

    I came back for one more
    1.) WOW

    you have to be joking at this point

    can a man merry a woman? YES
    can A woman merry a women? no
    thats what the EQUAL rights are about

    NO family member can marry family members LOL

    the argument doesnt fail at all you simply arent educated enough on the subject to understand it, or history or america, this fact has been proved many times. You are definitely a kid.
    blacks did NOT fight for everyone on the EQUAL rights moments MINORITIES fought for all minorities not every one,WOW

    this is one of the funniest things i have ever read here.

    like i said
    i have facts and history what have you provide besides "nu-huh" LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #426
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    wow you cant be this silly? once AGAIN you just proved you have no understanding of equal rights or americas history, there is no way you are of age and or from america
    Okay you can chill on the attacks... it's not helping your argument in any way... even though it may make you feel better.

    You really seem to not paying attention to my arguments at all. I demonstrated how your example didn't relate to our topic... This has nothing to do with "no understanding of equal rights or americas history".

    It does not relate, because women wanting the right to vote, wanted to include EVERYONE to not be discriminated against... accept for by age... which I said before is commonly accepted discrimination, so is by citizenship and crime history... each having their own reasons..

    You have not given me a single reason why-not all consenting adults participate in the marriage contract.

    I would really perfer to debate this with someone else that has your same viewpoint, because you just seem to not be able to grasp what I am saying.

  7. #427
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) WOW

    you have to be joking at this point

    can a man merry a woman? YES
    can A woman merry a women? no
    thats what the EQUAL rights are about

    NO family member can marry family members LOL

    the argument doesnt fail at all you simply arent educated enough on the subject to understand it, or history or america, this fact has been proved many times. You are definitely a kid.
    blacks did NOT fight for everyone on the EQUAL rights moments MINORITIES fought for all minorities not every one,WOW

    this is one of the funniest things i have ever read here.

    like i said
    i have facts and history what have you provide besides "nu-huh" LMAO
    LOL, you have no idea how to construct a valid arguement... you can say the same thing for people when Gay marriage was banned...


  8. #428
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    the argument doesnt fail at all you simply arent educated enough on the subject to understand it, or history or america, this fact has been proved many times. You are definitely a kid.
    blacks did NOT fight for everyone on the EQUAL rights moments MINORITIES fought for all minorities not every one,WOW
    OH MY, I cannot believe who I am debating with lol...

    BLACKS DID FIGHT FOR ALL RACES TO NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. This is why this example does not fit our conversation. YOU ARE NOT FIGHTING FOR ALL CONSENSUAL ADULTS TO BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT, YOU ARE ONLY FIGHTING FOR ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE, gays.

  9. #429
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) WOW

    you have to be joking at this point

    can a man merry a woman? YES
    can A woman merry a women? no
    thats what the EQUAL rights are about

    NO family member can marry family members LOL
    BEAT IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD DUDE.... YOU CAN SAY THE SAME THING IN THE CASE OF GAY PEOPLE WHEN GAY MARRIAGE WAS BANNED. So your argument FAILS

  10. #430
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    wow you cant be this silly? once AGAIN you just proved you have no understanding of equal rights or americas history, there is no way you are of age and or from america
    I agree 100% there's no way he is American or an adult.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •