View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #411
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.)no you are not
    2.) i asked because it hard to believe you are with such a little understanding of equal rights / marriage
    3.) no you didnt because i never did say any of that LMAO

    try again
    I have it in your own words
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    4.) DO "i" think, no i do not think that but im ok if people want to fight for that, it simply doesnt make sense because it would be something NEW for start to finish, not granting equal rights like now, you would be inventing something totally new and something totally different and putting it under the same laws and titles which is stupid and a waste of government money to me BUT again if people want to fight for that i would never stop them
    You said NO I DO NOT THINK THAT... how can it be any more obvious than that?

    We can resolve this right now than...

    I ask again, do YOU think that the marriage contract should include all consenting adults?

    please explain the difference between New rights and equal rights... because I am pretty sure they are both new and equal.... and If they arn't which one is not an equal right and which one is not a new right?

  2. #412
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I have it in your own words

    1.)You said NO I DO NOT THINK THAT... how can it be any more obvious than that?

    We can resolve this right now than...

    2.)I ask again, do YOU think that the marriage contract should include all consenting adults?

    3.)please explain the difference between New rights and equal rights... because I am pretty sure they are both new and equal.... and If they arn't which one is not an equal right and which one is not a new right?
    1.) because you dont understand English and you ignore the rest of my sentences and what you implied i said is NOTHING like what i actually said lol
    wow, you simply dont get things do you?

    2.) no i dont think that because that would be something knew but im fine with people fighting for that if thats what they want. This sentence as it is defined using ENGLISH is nothing close to saying "Objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude multiple individuals and be retricted to only two members. Objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude adult siblings objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude Parent and adult child. Objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude all adult close family up to the first cousin."

    they are not alike at all

    3.) sure no problem since you are obviously servery uneducated about this subject.

    question, can any grandmother merry her grandson in america? answer NO, there for to fight for that right would be fighting for a new right not equal.
    I have no clue why this basic common sense is so hard for you to comprehend.

    fighting for siblings to marry would be a NEW right because NO siblings can marry so you wouldnt be making siblings EQUAL to anything.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #413
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    double post
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #414
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post

    3.) sure no problem since you are obviously servery uneducated about this subject.

    question, can any grandmother merry her grandson in america? answer NO, there for to fight for that right would be fighting for a new right not equal.
    I have no clue why this basic common sense is so hard for you to comprehend.

    fighting for siblings to marry would be a NEW right because NO siblings can marry so you wouldnt be making siblings EQUAL to anything.
    I am afraid you just don't get it.

    question, (this is in the context when gay marriage was banned) can any gay man marry any other gay man in america? answer NO, therefor to fight for that right would be fighting for a new right not equal.

    same argument? no?

    fighting for gays to marry would be a NEW right because NO gays can marry so you wouldn't be making gays EQUAL to anything. (this is in the context when gay marriage was banned)

    can you seriously not see the flaws in your argument?

  5. #415
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    2.) no i dont think that because that would be something knew but im fine with people fighting for that if thats what they want. This sentence as it is defined using ENGLISH is nothing close to saying "Objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude multiple individuals and be retricted to only two members. Objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude adult siblings objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude Parent and adult child. Objective-J believes that the marriage contract should exclude all adult close family up to the first cousin."
    Yes, it DOES. Just because you think people can fight for it doesn't change what YOU think the laws should be.

    gay marriage was something NEW.

  6. #416
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)I am afraid you just don't get it.

    2.)question, (this is in the context when gay marriage was banned) can any gay man marry any other gay man in america? answer NO, therefor to fight for that right would be fighting for a new right not equal.

    same argument? no?

    fighting for gays to marry would be a NEW right because NO gays can marry so you wouldn't be making gays EQUAL to anything. (this is in the context when gay marriage was banned)

    can you seriously not see the flaws in your argument?
    1.) i get it just fine, its your my friend and that fact has been proven muiltiple times now.
    2.) wrong because a MAN can marry a WOMAN but a WOMAN cant marry a WOMAN that is the equal rights that are being fought for LMAO

    its like you are brand new to america and equal rights and gay rights

    if a MAN can be a fire chief and a WOMAN wants to be a fire chief thats fighting for EQUAL rights because some one can be it and they cant.

    there are no flaws in the EQUAL RIGHTS argument which has NOTHING to do with "me" its the GAY RIGHTS argument that has been around for years.

    You are the one not able to see facts

    alets use more examples of how broken your logic is, apply it to minority and womans rights and see how that works out

    NO woman could vote so does that mean women fight to vote were not fighting for equal rights????? of course not because they were fighting for equal rights because men could vote

    see, sorry fats, hostory and logic simply disagree with you, you are simply wrong and do not understand EQUAL rights, sorry dude
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #417
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Yes, it DOES. Just because you think people can fight for it doesn't change what YOU think the laws should be.

    gay marriage was something NEW.
    no it doesnt not LMAO please stop lying and making stuff up LOL
    and gay marriage would be EQUAL rights as already proven multiple times
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #418
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) i get it just fine, its your my friend and that fact has been proven muiltiple times now.
    2.) wrong because a MAN can marry a WOMAN but a WOMAN cant marry a WOMAN that is the equal rights that are being fought for LMAO

    its like you are brand new to america and equal rights and gay rights

    if a MAN can be a fire chief and a WOMAN wants to be a fire chief thats fighting for EQUAL rights because some one can be it and they cant.

    there are no flaws in the EQUAL RIGHTS argument which has NOTHING to do with "me" its the GAY RIGHTS argument that has been around for years.

    You are the one not able to see facts

    alets use more examples of how broken your logic is, apply it to minority and womans rights and see how that works out

    NO woman could vote so does that mean women fight to vote were not fighting for equal rights????? of course not because they were fighting for equal rights because men could vote

    see, sorry fats, hostory and logic simply disagree with you, you are simply wrong and do not understand EQUAL rights, sorry dude
    You cloud your mind with cultural norms...

    for argument in #2

    2) wrong because a FAMILY MEMBER can marry a NON-FAMILY MEMBER but a FAMILY MEMBER can't marry a FAMILY MEMBER that is the equal rights that are being fought for LMAO
    wrong because a ONE-MAN can marry ONE-MAN but TWO-MAN can't marry ONE-MAN that is the equal right that are being fought for LMAO

    until you can construct an an actual argument that is sound and valid, you make no case... You are educated enough to know what a sound and valid argument is right?

  9. #419
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)You cloud your mind with cultural norms...

    for argument in #2

    2) wrong because a FAMILY MEMBER can marry a NON-FAMILY MEMBER but a FAMILY MEMBER can't marry a FAMILY MEMBER that is the equal rights that are being fought for LMAO
    wrong because a ONE-MAN can marry ONE-MAN but TWO-MAN can't marry ONE-MAN that is the equal right that are being fought for LMAO

    until you can construct an an actual argument that is sound and valid, you make no case... You are educated enough to know what a sound and valid argument is right?
    1.) nope just a deflection you keep trying to use that fails and doesnt stick
    2.) no you are wrong because NO FAMILY MEMBERS CAN MERRY A FAMILY MEMBER LMAO

    how this basic common sense escapes you is exactly why i dont believe you are an american or of age, its hilarious how foolish you make yourself look when you say the things you do.

    also like i said its not MY argument its FACTS and HISTORY'S argument and the same one that woman and minorities already made for their equal rights LMAO

    nothing needs "constructed" because hostroy and facts already did that, let me know when you have anything factually that changes anything, ill be waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #420
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    NO woman could vote so does that mean women fight to vote were not fighting for equal rights????? of course not because they were fighting for equal rights because men could vote
    hmmm, are they excluding anyone to vote? Can family members, gay lovers, and polygamist vote? I think they can... so this example does not relate.

    voting is a privileged only give by people who are over the age of 18, so I guess you can make an argument that it discriminates on the basis on age. But this is something they admit to, they admit to discriminating on the basis of age for voting, crime history, and citizenship for specific reasons. You are not providing reasons why any should be excluded from the marriage contract, and I think I could counter any reason, because in my opinion there are no good reasons to exclude any two consenting adults from the marriage contract.

Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •