View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #371
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    So what about the ones that arn't "had by some in ways".
    what about them? they are free to marry like others are that fit the definition of others

    seems you come a far way from the BS that marriage is religious LOL

    you are still wrong and havent made one valied point to deny gays equal rights?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #372
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    no you only think we are, nobody is playing favorites in reality only in the fantasy world you are making up. LOL

    if you think i against others fighting for what they deem as equal rights buy all mean they are free to do so but again that has nothing to do with equal rights for gays

    you are TRYING to make a point but you keep falling short and not providing any reason to deny gays equal rights
    I never was denying gays equal rights.... this is hopeless... You can't get a firm grasp on my points, it's obvious because you can't even address them correctly at least CriticalThought did, you seem to be having an argument with someone else other than me.
    Last edited by celticwar17; 12-10-12 at 11:31 PM.

  3. #373
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I never was denying gays equal rights.... this is hopeless...
    thats the topic of the op LMAO and what the only and real issues is, if you cant see that yes you are hopeless about this topic

    gays deserve equal rights, period
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #374
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post

    seems you come a far way from the BS that marriage is religious LOL
    marriage is often religious, and what I was saying earlier is that the U.S. marriage laws kept Christian thoughts on marriage heavily in mind in the development of them in this country. BUT ANYWAY that was pages ago, we both already came to the conclusion that we both agreed that marriage is at least a cultural tradition that is subjective. That was the only thing that was important to my points.

    Answer me this, do you think that ANY two or more consenting adults should be able to participate in the marriage contract? If you don't have an issue with this, then I have very little issue except that the term marriage does not describe this kind of contract.

  5. #375
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    No, I want to know what you think marraige should be defined as according to the government.
    It is up to the states to decide, within the confines of the constitution.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #376
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    thats the topic of the op LMAO and what the only and real issues is, if you cant see that yes you are hopeless about this topic

    gays deserve equal rights, period
    Yes, that is the topic in the OP, I dont understand your point... what I am talking about is related, because I think it is disingenuous to call for just gay equal rights in marriage and not any other two consenting adults.

    Everyone deserves rights, period.

  7. #377
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    marriage is often religious, and what I was saying earlier is that the U.S. marriage laws kept Christian thoughts on marriage heavily in mind in the development of them in this country. BUT ANYWAY that was pages ago, we both already came to the conclusion that we both agreed that marriage is at least a cultural tradition that is subjective. That was the only thing that was important to my points.

    Answer me this, do you think that ANY two or more consenting adults should be able to participate in the marriage contract? If you don't have an issue with this, then I have very little issue except that the term marriage does not describe this kind of contract.
    Religion is not part of marraige in terms of the legal contract or benefits.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #378
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is up to the states to decide, within the confines of the constitution.
    That second part is very important. A state can define what sort of benefits marriage entails (from the state), but really can't abridge people's access to it, especially not when there are federal benefits involved.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  9. #379
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    1.)marriage is often religious, and what I was saying earlier is that the 2.) U.S. marriage laws kept Christian thoughts on marriage heavily in mind in the development of them in this country. BUT ANYWAY that was pages ago, 3.) we both already came to the conclusion that we both agreed that marriage is at least a cultural tradition that is subjective. That was the only thing that was important to my points.

    4.)Answer me this, do you think that ANY two or more consenting adults should be able to participate in the marriage contract? If you don't have an issue with this, then I have very little issue except that the term marriage does not describe this kind of contract.
    1.) legal marriage is NEVER religious if people CHOOSE to do religious things with their LEGAL marriage thats on them
    2.) again simply not true
    3.) no we didnt i said things OUTSIDE or LEGAL marriage are subjective and culture but not LEGAL marriage and it didnt help your points at all because this is all about LEGAL marriage the rest is meaningless
    4.) DO "i" think, no i do not think that but im ok if people want to fight for that, it simply doesnt make sense because it would be something NEW for start to finish, not granting equal rights like now, you would be inventing something totally new and something totally different and putting it under the same laws and titles which is stupid and a waste of government money to me BUT again if people want to fight for that i would never stop them
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #380
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Yes, that is the topic in the OP, I dont understand your point... what I am talking about is related, because I think it is disingenuous to call for just gay equal rights in marriage and not any other two consenting adults.

    Everyone deserves rights, period.
    no its not because the facts are the other adults already have those rights, its not disingenuous at all because facts and logic support me and they dont support you.

    those people ALREADY have those rights, PERIOD lol acting as if they dont is the ONLY disingenuous thing posted here.


    they are not even close to realated or the same thing, equal gay rights is NOTHING like you wanting or thinking aunt and nephew should be able to get married lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •