View Poll Results: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, civil unions are an acceptable compromise.

    17 16.19%
  • No, they are not, because:

    55 52.38%
  • The government should not be involved with marriage, at all.

    25 23.81%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    8 7.62%
Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 830

Thread: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

  1. #131
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,404

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Im better with it...not all for it if bride and groom remains...I know people get angry and dislike me for not slobbering all over gay marriage and tossing my YAY FOR EVERYTHING GAY pompoms...I stand by what I believe no matter what the topic and thats that...I cant apologize for that...they will just have to remain angry with me and Ill just go about doing what I always did all my life..and that is be happy
    im certainly not mad at you, i just point at times where you are simply wrong, dishonest or illogical with your believes but you are more than free to have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #132
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    im certainly not mad at you, i just point at times where you are simply wrong, dishonest or illogical with your believes but you are more than free to have them.
    Im never dishonest...I can be wrong and Im sure I may sound illogical to you at times...or even all the time..but never dishonest intentionally. I get myself in alot of **** telling it like I see it.

  3. #133
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,404

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL;1061224148[B
    ]It's selfish in the fact that they want to change terms and concepts in order to suit themselves and to hell with what anyone else feels about marriage[/B] (which is VERY important to many people), when they can accept equality in the form of civil unions. That way, people who value marriage and the terms and concepts that go with that can be happy, and the gay people can reside with their partners legally and with all of the same benefits of a marriage but just without the term "marriage."

    Again, if they want to change the concept of marriage, then they really want a civil union and not a marriage at all.

    the bolded parts are simply not true
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  4. #134
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,404

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Im never dishonest...I can be wrong and Im sure I may sound illogical to you at times...or even all the time..but never dishonest intentionally. I get myself in alot of **** telling it like I see it.
    actually you have been caught being dishonest, im not interested in digging for examples but its true none the less, maybe like you said it was an accident but seem doubtful and i never judge LOGIC by "sound" I judge it by ones ability to back up thier comments with facts, honesty and or rational. Sometimes on this subject you are very incapable of that.

    You logic is based on emotion, fantasy and hyperbole at times. ANd how you see it is simply not true at others.

    But the point was i dont get mad at you or anybody here cause its a message board
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  5. #135
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,404

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well then why did some people want to change the terminology?
    the sate wanted to, to make the form more accurate and easier to fill out.

    also the fact is it was already changed at one time to have those terms it used to only say parties involved
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  6. #136
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,404

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't know how anyone could say that traditional marriage has no religious connections, because it most certainly does. The rings, the vows and a lot of the other traditional marriage customs are most definitely tied into religion.
    easy because we are talking legal marriage and it has aboselutley positively nothing to do with religious marriage unless the people involved want it too. They are completely separate in reality neither needing eachother to exist.

    Rings, vows etc arent needed for marriages at all and if people choose to use them again, that is thier choice and effect religion zero. Religion isnt even a factor for the topic in reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  7. #137
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    actually you have been caught being dishonest, im not interested in digging for examples but its true none the less, maybe like you said it was an accident but seem doubtful and i never judge LOGIC by "sound" I judge it by ones ability to back up thier comments with facts, honesty and or rational. Sometimes on this subject you are very incapable of that.

    You logic is based on emotion, fantasy and hyperbole at times. ANd how you see it is simply not true at others.

    But the point was i dont get mad at you or anybody here cause its a message board

    If your going to call me dishonest in public...you had better be willing to go digging and show where I have intentionally lied...and dont try to throw your hyperbole to try and degrade me and make you sound righteous....your opinion of what I think is worthless when its based on your dishonesty and your baseless innuendos
    The hyperbole comes from those just like you who frantically jump in every reference of GAY...homosexual...Same Sex marriage with a frantic attack aimed at anyone that dares defy and disagree....people like you claim everyone else is either lieing..illogical..overly emotional..living in a fantasy world a rotten person and you and everyone who agrees with you is perfect and float over water...lmao.
    Dishonesty is when you make claims that are just your opinion and try to make them the word of your god...dishonesty is when you degrade another only because they dont agree with you and attempt to demean them to make yourself look righteous and on right...that crap doesnt work with me objective..has no affect on me what so ever...I am against SSM and you cant make that out to be anything but what it is...you cant make me a liar because im against it...you cant make me a hypocrit you cant make anything but against Same Sex Marriage...lol....

  8. #138
    Advisor Just1Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    389

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    This is simply semantics. When folks had trouble with miscegenation the Supreme Court stepped in on the side of civil rights. It will do that again this time. Trying to call a same-sex marriage something else will not fly with either side, and we all know it. It's an all or nothing proposition. This argument that religion ought to have a say in who gets treated equally in this nation ought to be treated like the constitutional heresy that it is.

  9. #139
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1Voice View Post
    This is simply semantics. When folks had trouble with miscegenation the Supreme Court stepped in on the side of civil rights. It will do that again this time. Trying to call a same-sex marriage something else will not fly with either side, and we all know it. It's an all or nothing proposition. This argument that religion ought to have a say in who gets treated equally in this nation ought to be treated like the constitutional heresy that it is.
    I believe your right...I believe the supreme court will side with SSM, I disagree that SSM will dictate what marriage is in the end and I believe the supreme court would never uphold the deletion of Bride and Groom and Wife and Husband.
    I would also like to say that my opinion not being for SSM is not based on religion and religion is not a factor in my being against it.
    When the supreme court agrees to SSM..I will not be upset, It will not bother me at all...wont affect me in any way.
    I am not on a crusade or a campaign to stop SSM...Im not voting for people just because they are against SSM like some vote for only those that are for it...I dont donate to anti SSM groups nor do I belong to any. You are either for something or not..Im merely not for reasons I really dont want to go throug for the 30th time.

  10. #140
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,404

    re: Are civil unions an acceptable compromise for SSM?[W:237]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    1.)If your going to call me dishonest in public...you had better be willing to go digging and show where I have intentionally lied..
    2.).and dont try to throw your hyperbole to try and degrade me and make you sound righteous...
    3.).your opinion of what I think is worthless when its based on your dishonesty and your baseless innuendos
    4.) The hyperbole comes from those just like you who frantically jump in every reference of GAY...homosexual...Same Sex marriage with a frantic attack aimed at anyone that dares defy and disagree
    5.)....people like you claim everyone else is either lieing..illogical..overly emotional..living in a fantasy world a rotten person and you and everyone who agrees with you is perfect and float over water...lmao.
    6.) Dishonesty is when you make claims that are just your opinion and try to make them the word of your god...dishonesty is when you degrade another only because they dont agree with you and attempt to demean them to make yourself look righteous and on right...that crap doesnt work with me objective..has no affect on me what so ever..
    7.).I am against SSM and you cant make that out to be anything but what it is...
    8.) you cant make me a liar because im against it...
    9.)you cant make me a hypocrit you cant make anything but against Same Sex Marriage...lol....
    1.) maybe i will but your concern about it is meaningless to me i read your posts and interacted with you many times i dont need others or you to aknowledge it but maybe i will lol
    2.) sorry there is ZERO hyperbole in my post not am i trying to sound righteous, weird you seem upset about me "telling it like it is or i see it" when you claim you do the same
    3.) dont care what you think like i said i use facts logic and reason
    4.) 100% wrong since i never do this
    5.) again 100% wrong since i dont do this
    6.) more stuff i dont do
    7.) its fine you are against i believe you have that right and would protect you right to believe its wrong, try again
    8.) again never made such a claim
    9.) I agree i cant MAKE you one

    seems you have a lot of issues just randomly making stuff up and ranting, this post did nothing but let you vent hyperbole thats not happening, feel free to try again though

    by the way, still not mad at you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •