View Poll Results: Did ACORN steal the election?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 8.22%
  • No

    38 52.05%
  • Squirells did it!

    29 39.73%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126

Thread: Did ACORN steal The Election?[W; 114]

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    The rich have their own brand of handouts, which right now includes being able to pay less in taxes than is due... hence the huge deficit.
    stop lying. if they are paying the legal amount that is what is due. what a silly stupid comment

  2. #112
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    It makes perfect sense that the vote difference between the two candidates was made up from dead people that Obama got to the polls.
    do you know how hard it was to dig up 5 million people and cart their sorry carcasses to the polls?

    Man, anyone that dedicated deserved to win.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  3. #113
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If I am paying a ton more tax than you do (most likely). meaning I pay far more for one dollar of indirect government benefits than you do
    so what?

    A wise man once said to me "i pay six figures a year in taxes and every time I have to write out the cheque I smile to myself."

    Incredulous, I asked "why?"

    he said, "because I made enough to write that cheque and not have it change my family's lifestyle".

    If as you imply you make a good buck, then you should see nothing wrong in paying your taxes to support the government and the country that have given you the opportunity to make those bucks. Obama was absolutely spot on, "you didn't do it all yourself, you had a lot of help along the way".

    Your accusation that people who make less than $50K/' year are deadbeat blood sucking takers is nothing more than outrageous bigotry. If you examine the FACTs you will see that there isn't a state that reports higher than 4% welfare fraud.

    That more than 50% of those on food stamps are classified as working poor, meaning they have minimum wage jobs or are underemployed and need a some help in making ends meet. All those people riding the gravy train at an average of $138 per month per person for food. Talk about a disincentive to work.

    People like you are quick to condemn without command of facts. It appears you don't appreciate how fortunate you are, that your hard work has resulted in financial success, but I'll wager you couldn't work harder than day labourer, or a fruit picker, or the guy with two jobs working 14 hours a day to support his family, and yet for some reason you think these people are "takers" and you resent "your" money being spent on them.

    A most christian attitude. But obviously you can't be a christian.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  4. #114
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Did ACORN steal The Election?[W; 114]Thread is not about tax policy. Stay on topic or at least close please.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    a strange and sickening combination of statist fascism and class envy.
    Except for having long been ensconced in the very class I am supposed to be envious of. And I'm sorry to hear of the distress that the mere wording of the 16th Amendment apparently causes you. That must be an awful burden to have to live with every day.

  6. #116
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Except for having long been ensconced in the very class I am supposed to be envious of. And I'm sorry to hear of the distress that the mere wording of the 16th Amendment apparently causes you. That must be an awful burden to have to live with every day.
    sure you are-whatever you say. I am sorry you hate success and you think the purpose of the 16th amendment was to afflict those more industrious and prosperous than you are. The burden appears to be that of envy as evidence by your posts and a desire to control and punish those more prosperous than you are

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    But saying you're about fixing the deficit while spending more on the military and cutting taxes on the rich simply isn't going to get you elected. That's all I'm saying.
    It worked for Reagan. The again, he didn't have the full force of ACORN working against him. He promised to cut taxes, increase the military, and balance the budget in three years. Worked just great during the campaign. Not so well after he got elected.
    Last edited by Cardinal Fang; 12-07-12 at 12:37 PM.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sure you are-whatever you say. I am sorry you hate success and you think the purpose of the 16th amendment was to afflict those more industrious and prosperous than you are.
    More talk about the income tax? That would seem to violate the in-thread warning.

  9. #119
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    More talk about the income tax? That would seem to violate the in-thread warning.
    so why did you mention the 16th amendment?

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so why did you mention the 16th amendment?
    LOL! Like this one, every thread graced by your presence is soon enough hijacked into discussion of poorly informed and morbidly warped ideas about tax policy. I was merely commiserating in this case with the extreme pain you reported the plain words of the 16th Amendment as causing for you. I suppose pain-management might be considered off-topic as well however, so maybe just go ahead and wallow in your misery.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •