View Poll Results: Did ACORN steal the election?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 8.22%
  • No

    38 52.05%
  • Squirells did it!

    29 39.73%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 126

Thread: Did ACORN steal The Election?[W; 114]

  1. #91
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nothing in your quote applied to ACORN. it did apply to taxing the rich. Nothing in this post applies to ACORN. It does apply to whining about the rich. Nothing about your whining about the rich and taxes has anything to do about middle income jobs. Long and short of it...you are whining about the rich and wanting them to pay more taxes.
    If we're going to get serious about the deficit, then yes, they need to. Eventually, I think we all need to - but not until we get back down to under 5% unemployment.

    You guys lost the election because you accuse the middle class of being envious. You see envy in everything, even when not present.

    Our system is failing a lot of people right now. But not the wealthy. In suggesting lowered tax rates for the rich as a major part of the platform, YOUR side pissed a lot of people off and you lost.

    And you still are running around blaming everyone and everything except for your terrible ideas about how to (supposedly) fix the deficit by cutting tax rates for rich people and raising military spending.

    Bad ideas don't win elections. That's the point.

  2. #92
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    If we're going to get serious about the deficit, then yes, they need to. Eventually, I think we all need to - but not until we get back down to under 5% unemployment.

    You guys lost the election because you accuse the middle class of being envious. You see envy in everything, even when not present.

    Our system is failing a lot of people right now. But not the wealthy. In suggesting lowered tax rates for the rich as a major part of the platform, YOUR side pissed a lot of people off and you lost.

    And you still are running around blaming everyone and everything except for your terrible ideas about how to (supposedly) fix the deficit by cutting tax rates for rich people and raising military spending.

    Bad ideas don't win elections. That's the point.
    'We' guys lost the election because Libertarian candidates dont draw much support. The GOP lost the election because they dont pander enough to the dependent classes. You say 'bad ideas' dont win elections? Please. Promising everything to everyone is a 'bad idea'. Mortgaging your grandkids future by dumping todays irresponsibility and debt on them is a 'bad idea'. Voting for a guy because of his skin color is a 'bad idea'. Wreckless and irresponsible government is a 'bad idea'.

  3. #93
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Outdated numbers, but yeah, they have the highest effective federal rate of "so much income left over after taxes that they don't know what to do with it all" as well. Poor babies.


    With respect to ALL federal taxes? No chance.


    LOL! The wealthy easily receive the most benefit from public programs. If they didn't, they'd use their money to make changes. The question is whether the rest of the people will be allowed to receive anything at all. Self-aggrandizing right-wing pigs simply want it all for themselves. Unfortunately for them...

    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived...

    It doesn't say anything about how much or how little income can be taxed or at what rates. Whatever Congress decides you owe is what you owe. By law. Resistance is illegal and grossly unpatriotic, not to mention immoral enough that we plop your butt in jail for it. Market conditions (brought about by idiot Republicans) currently demand that there be a price increase for public goods and services. Who are right-wingers to argue with the market?
    a strange and sickening combination of statist fascism and class envy.

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    'We' guys lost the election because Libertarian candidates dont draw much support. The GOP lost the election because they dont pander enough to the dependent classes. You say 'bad ideas' dont win elections? Please. Promising everything to everyone is a 'bad idea'. Mortgaging your grandkids future by dumping todays irresponsibility and debt on them is a 'bad idea'. Voting for a guy because of his skin color is a 'bad idea'. Wreckless and irresponsible government is a 'bad idea'.
    the GOP lost the election because those who voted on economic issues were more likely to be losers or those who get power pandering to losers than winners.

  5. #95
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    'We' guys lost the election because Libertarian candidates dont draw much support. The GOP lost the election because they dont pander enough to the dependent classes. You say 'bad ideas' dont win elections? Please. Promising everything to everyone is a 'bad idea'. Mortgaging your grandkids future by dumping todays irresponsibility and debt on them is a 'bad idea'. Voting for a guy because of his skin color is a 'bad idea'. Wreckless and irresponsible government is a 'bad idea'.
    Oh, Republicans don't hold a monopoly on bad ideas. Don't get me wrong...Democrats pretty much suck, too. For my taste, they simply suck slightly less.

    But saying you're about fixing the deficit while spending more on the military and cutting taxes on the rich simply isn't going to get you elected.

    That's all I'm saying.

  6. #96
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the GOP lost the election because those who voted on economic issues were more likely to be losers or those who get power pandering to losers than winners.
    Or, because you guys continue to refer to half of the population as losers - when 90% of the half you call losers are actually hard-working people who are having trouble keeping up.

    Call them losers, and they won't vote your way.

    And this board proves that this apparently the strategy you guys are going to continue to take.

  7. #97
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Oh, Republicans don't hold a monopoly on bad ideas. Don't get me wrong...Democrats pretty much suck, too. For my taste, they simply suck slightly less.

    But saying you're about fixing the deficit while spending more on the military and cutting taxes on the rich simply isn't going to get you elected.

    That's all I'm saying.
    Personally Im about massive across the board cuts AND across the board tax increases. Im also all about killing ALL social services at the fed level. But thats not what this was or is about. No one stole the election. Dependent nation voted to be dependent.

  8. #98
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the GOP lost the election because those who voted on economic issues were more likely to be losers or those who get power pandering to losers than winners.
    Nah...I dont think there are enough intelligent, educated voters from either side of the political aisle to have swayed the election. This election was 'won' by a significant voting bloc voting for skin color and others voting for crumbs.

  9. #99
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Personally Im about massive across the board cuts AND across the board tax increases. Im also all about killing ALL social services at the fed level. But thats not what this was or is about. No one stole the election. Dependent nation voted to be dependent.
    We can at least agree on the lack of theft. But if you continue to insist that only "dependents" voted for Obama or Democratic Senators, you're going to continue not winning.

    Calling your electors "losers" is almost as effective as trying to define what "legitimate rape" is as far as earning votes.

  10. #100
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Did ACORN steal The Election?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Or, because you guys continue to refer to half of the population as losers - when 90% of the half you call losers are actually hard-working people who are having trouble keeping up.

    Call them losers, and they won't vote your way.

    And this board proves that this apparently the strategy you guys are going to continue to take.
    if you demand others pay more taxes to fund what you want you are generally a parasite or a loser.

    I am not here to convince losers to stop being parasites. I am here to call that attitude what it is

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •