View Poll Results: Should We get involved in Syria

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we should get fully committed and take the lead with troops on the ground.

    2 5.41%
  • Yes, but we should only lead with an air campaign.

    2 5.41%
  • No. Another UN nation should take the lead. We can assist, but only assist.

    5 13.51%
  • Other (please state)

    3 8.11%
  • No. It isn't our conflict. We should not get involved on any level.

    25 67.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

  1. #11
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Only if they pose a direct threat to us proper. Otherwise, no, not our business.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #12
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    No. This is a civil war. We should not get involved in other countries civil wars especially when the Syrian are very divided themselves on who they support. Its not our job to dictate how a civil war turns out, that is job of the Syrian people themselves. Syria for the Syrians!


  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No. This is a civil war. We should not get involved in other countries civil wars especially when the Syrian are very divided themselves on who they support. Its not our job to dictate how a civil war turns out, that is job of the Syrian people themselves. Syria for the Syrians!
    And what of the supposed chemical weapons?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  4. #14
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    And what of the supposed chemical weapons?
    I personally dont think they are going to use chemical weapons. We knew that they have chemical weapons from the get go so i dont think this is anything new or have to worry about. I think it's just a media game for the purpose of prolonging the revolution. The government of Syria will use this so the Syrian people become more divided and the regime has more time.

    But even if they do use chemical weapons it still dont believe that we should get involved. Its a civil war there and its still not our job to get involved in other countries civil wars because the country is deeply divided among pro gov and anti gov forces and its not our job to support one side.


  5. #15
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    No, we should not get involved... unless the Syrian civil war threatens our allies along the Syrian border.
    And if Al-Qaeda affiliates look to get their hands on Syria's WMD facilities? If we get indications that the Syrian regime is about to launch any kind of a CBRN attack on civilian populaces? I would tend to err on the side of yeah-we-should-probably-make-sure-that-doesn't-happen.

    There is no good outcome for Syria, none whatsoever.
    That is correct - Syria is screwed.

  6. #16
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I personally dont think they are going to use chemical weapons. We knew that they have chemical weapons from the get go so i dont think this is anything new or have to worry about. I think it's just a media game for the purpose of prolonging the revolution. The government of Syria will use this so the Syrian people become more divided and the regime has more time.

    But even if they do use chemical weapons it still dont believe that we should get involved. Its a civil war there and its still not our job to get involved in other countries civil wars because the country is deeply divided among pro gov and anti gov forces and its not our job to support one side.
    Interesting. Was that your opinion of the proper Western response to the Rwandan Genocide?

  7. #17
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Interesting. Was that your opinion of the proper Western response to the Rwandan Genocide?
    Well since the US did not get involved with the UN's mission there its irrelevant.


  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Nope.
    Take a look at Damascus... it was named the Center for Arab Culture..

    Just scroll down for pics..

    Guess this civil war has killed tourism.

    Damascus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #19
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Well, we already are involved, but not overtly. We have been giving the rebels heavy weapons and getting foreign fighters into Syria (How US Ambassador Chris Stevens May Have Been Linked To Jihadist Rebels In Syria - Business Insider) (How US Ambassador Chris Stevens May Have Been Linked To Jihadist Rebels In Syria - Business Insider). But, no I don't think we should get involved as there are a lot of Islamic militants among the Syrian rebels who want an Islamic state. While I do not like Assad, I don't like Islamic extremism even more.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  10. #20
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Syria: Get Involved Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well since the US did not get involved with the UN's mission there its irrelevant.
    Should the UN have been there? Should someone have tried to interfere?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •