View Poll Results: Should George W. Bush join George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Abe?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 18.56%
  • No

    79 81.44%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105

Thread: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

  1. #61
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    I get Meg Ryan when she was young and Carrie Underwood a lot.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    You busy Friday night?

  3. #63
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    I vote yes because it would be funny.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #64
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,823

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I've seen Mount Rushmore. It is certainly impressive.

    Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln were certainly huge figures in our history. Teddy Roosevelt... well he was quite an interesting character but not of the same magnitude as the others.

    Personally I am not sure it should ever have been built though. I felt about it much the same way I felt when I stood in the Lincoln Memorial in DC.... yes it is impressive, but I feel uncomfortable about portraying human beings, however important, as larger-than-life demigod-like figures. It smacks of idolatry to me.

    I don't think W is of the same caliber as Washington, Jefferson or Lincoln. Now, Teddy.... well, I found the guy fascinating but he just isn't in the same league. You could compare W to Teddy and they wouldn't be that far apart in magnitude.

    But no, I don't favor putting any more faces on Mt Rushmore.
    I understand your reasoning, and somewhat agree with it. I am somewhat uncomfortable with an idolatry aspect.

    As a side note: While I agree that Teddy was wasn't quite the same league as the other three, I do still consider him as one of our better Presidents, and when considering the time in which the carvings were created, I understand his inclusion over other potential candidates.

    That being said, I consider Teddy's methods in securing the independence of Panama... which was only a way to get our securing of the canal zone... as repugnant.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #65
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,823

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    I vote yes because it would be funny.
    The wailing and gnashing of teeth by those on the left would be worth it alone for the entertainment value.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #66
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,823

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I wish this poll was public so anybody that answers yes could quickly be added to my list of posters that are biased hacks and not to be taken seriously.
    He was one of the worst presidents of my time
    I really think public polling would more reveal who understands sarcasm when they see it and those who don't.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #67
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,823

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    I want to see Nixon carved there.
    I vote for William Henry Harrison... as he's the President who did the least damage.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #68
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    The wailing and gnashing of teeth by those on the left would be worth it alone for the entertainment value.
    Not for that, but because I imagine an expression similar to this: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?-bush_stupid_face-jpg

    Most memeable president of all time. Meme the ****ing world.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #69
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,561

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I really think public polling would more reveal who understands sarcasm when they see it and those who don't.
    doubtful because many have acknowledged it as a joke poll but theres no set standard for how to respond to it lol, a couple posted they answered yes because a joke poll deserves a joke answer many others feel the same way
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  10. #70
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,823

    Re: Should George W. Bush be put on Mount Rushmore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    Hell no. He lied to the American people and created TREASON...he should be tried in criminal court for war crimes.
    *Created* treason?

    Could you explain that a bit more?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •