View Poll Results: Which one is it?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christmas Tree.

    111 81.02%
  • Holiday Tree.

    8 5.84%
  • I'm too broke to care.

    18 13.14%
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 514

Thread: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    For now, yes. See, the way this works is, I provide an example or source to back up my point, and then you provide an example or source that is as at least as good, or better than mine. I'm sorry, Cardinal, but your opinion isn't going to cut it. Either produce an example or a source or stop typing.
    No, that isn't how it works at all. Your logic is worse than your examples. The fact remains that at least a signficant part of your problem stems from your not understanding the concept of political correctness to begin with. It does not have anything like the narrow and demarcated boundaries you suggested earlier, and you use the term only in the childish manner once taught to you -- as a supposedly pejorative but actually empty bumper-sticker buzzword in the style of "tax-and-spend liberal". At least as so far put forward, your take on the matter is devoid of any recognizable sense or merit at all. It's just regurgitated emotion. Fear and insecurity, yes, actually rational thought, no.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    It is..has been...and always will be a Christmas tree. I'm not religious at all. However, anyone calling it a "Holiday Tree" gives me an urge to punch that said person in the stomach.
    Some Tim Allen grunts would have gone so well here...

    ARRRHHH! ARRRHHH! ARRRHHH! ARRRHHH!

    Note: Those are at least 20 years outdated also.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    No, that isn't how it works at all. Your logic is worse than your examples. The fact remains that at least a signficant part of your problem stems from your not understanding the concept of political correctness to begin with. It does not have anything like the narrow and demarcated boundaries you suggested earlier, and you use the term only in the childish manner once taught to you -- as a supposedly pejorative but actually empty bumper-sticker buzzword in the style of "tax-and-spend liberal". At least as so far put forward, your take on the matter is devoid of any recognizable sense or merit at all. It's just regurgitated emotion. Fear and insecurity, yes, actually rational thought, no.
    OK, CF, educate me. What is Political Correctness?

  4. #344
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    It is..has been...and always will be a Christmas tree. I'm not religious at all. However, anyone calling it a "Holiday Tree" gives me an urge to punch that said person in the stomach.
    How about this


    How about


    People just call the tree whatever they want


  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    How about this


    How about


    People just call the tree whatever they want
    I think we should do that with everything.

    I say tomato, you say fuzzy razzleberry. I say potato, you say mgmlbfmfflbn.

  6. #346
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I think we should do that with everything.

    I say tomato, you say fuzzy razzleberry. I say potato, you say mgmlbfmfflbn.
    Actually, where I come from, we do call them mmgmlbfmfflbns, and I'm offended you find this amusing.

    Therefore I will make a thread and rant about how other people do things that I don't want them to do.


  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Actually, where I come from, we do call them mmgmlbfmfflbns, and I'm offended you find this amusing.

    Therefore I will make a thread and rant about how other people do things that I don't want them to do.
    You'd better run that past Cardinal Fang, first.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    OK, CF, educate me. What is Political Correctness?
    Start here. See all those References and Further reading entries at the bottom? Explore those liberally as well. You have a lot of catching up to do.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You'd better run that past Cardinal Fang, first.
    Oh, I'm all in favor of his right to create a thread and whine like a little baby about whatever he wants. He does have a point though...making fun of mmgmlbfmfflbns is insensitive at the very least.

  10. #350
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    You've completely missed the point.
    No, sir, it is you who have "missed the point."


    NEW RULE:

    Anyone who calls a Christmas tree a "holiday tree" gets his rectum stuffed with pine cones.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •