View Poll Results: Which one is it?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christmas Tree.

    111 81.02%
  • Holiday Tree.

    8 5.84%
  • I'm too broke to care.

    18 13.14%
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 514

Thread: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

  1. #101
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Anyone who calls it a "Holiday Tree" ought to be punched square in the nose. Whether or not you are religious is irrelevant...it is Christmas. Political correctness really angers me at times.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  2. #102
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    No, it's not.

    Merely because it hasn't been practiced does not mean it never existed. The Romans practiced the festival of Saturnalia that decorated evergreen conifer trees around this time of year. Therefore the logic you give does not make sense. The only way that Saturnalia does not apply under your actual criteria is if it never existed, because Saturnalia was part of the Roman religion that has decorated evergreen conifer trees around this time of year. Your sole criteria was "that has decorated evergreen conifer trees around this time of year." Saturnalia meets that criteria.
    Seeing how those people are no longer around they are not decorating evergreen conifer trees this time of year.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #103
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    After the stupidity of this thread in that people even care what the stupid tree is called (get over it people, there are real issues out there to think about).

    I am going to start calling it a third week of december tree.
    How dare you call it that! Christmas is in the 4th week of December!
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post

    You serious?
    How is family, which has existed since the dawn of the first clan form of organism hierarchy proof of anything you say?
    Slow down there, oC. You need to chew before you swallow.

    First of all, your anti-Christ/atheist view of the world's history remains unproven. In your circles, there still may, or may not, be a God, and there's nothing you can say or do to change that fact. If there is a God, which there is, then Jesus Christ precedes your moronic "clan form hierarchy", and that makes your point, moot.

    Now, as I said earlier. Those other points I listed are all positive things, and Jesus Christ is ALL about the positives. You bark at me soley for the sake of ignorance. This tells me that, obviously, you are more child than you are adult -- at least mentally and emotionally.

  5. #105
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    How dare you call it that! Christmas is in the 4th week of December!
    I hate baby buddha

  6. #106
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    YOu should be able to document this wild assed claim. Bet you can't.
    I cant document the claim because it is totally fabricated out of thin air (just like the Federal Reserve does with paper money)

    But it sounds about right if one looks at the claim objectively

  7. #107
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    I see

    And that makes everything Okay?

    Are you aware of any other SUBURBS in the world or Mayors that have placed a similar ban on Christmas Trees?

    Or is this particular Jewish Mayor in Israel?
    Is this a ban on trees and bushes, or just trees?

    Hanukkah bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are most welcome, except liberals are not trying to ban christmas trees.
    I never said they are. I said it in the future tense, not present. First things, first, Redress. Libs have bigger fish to fry right now.

  9. #109
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Is this a ban on trees and bushes, or just trees?

    Hanukkah bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I am not sure, but apparently Jesus Christ was anti-semitic

  10. #110
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Christmas Tree vs Holiday Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Has the Mayor of Nazareth banned Christmas trees or not?

    Israeli Mayor Bans Christmas Trees - Global - The Atlantic Wire

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •