Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 295

Thread: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

  1. #211
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You must have me confused with someone else but while I am at it you left out the 15 billion a year we spend buying AIDS drugs annually in your last post so the real AIDS number is 18 billion a year.
    Is that all? For a transmittable disease of 28,000,000 people and the ability to kill anyone anywhere because it is transmittable? $642 per person - treatment and research? Any one of the 28 million could ultimately lead to a million more deaths? Or a billion.

    Its not enough. Not even close.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So in effect, you are arguing that we should fund other disease research/care at higher levels.

    I agree.
    In a perfect world where we have unlimited funds we should fund research on all diseases with whatever money it takes, I live in reality though whereas you live in la la land.

  3. #213
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You gay guys are such drama queens.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Instead of insulting me tell me exactly where I am wrong. The fact that you have to resort to personal insults means you can't tell me where I am wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    In a perfect world where we have unlimited funds we should fund research on all diseases with whatever money it takes, I live in reality though whereas you live in la la land.
    You live in Idaho and are an example of the sort that reside in and around Coeur d'Alene.

    You have already reduced your argument from "should we spend tax dollars?" to now arguing over how much, and along the way you have become a total hypocrite while displaying an inability to quote or make rational argument....and you did not even create a poll in this thread...in the "poll" forum.

    As others have pointed out, this is a treatable disease, the effectiveness of recent treatment has been great, the funding will probably decline as the "bang for the buck" plateaus.

    All you have is RW talking points mixed in with obvious homophobia and really poor debate skills, but that is what happens when you are stuck on the porch...in Idaho.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You live in Idaho and are an example of the sort that reside in and around Coeur d'Alene.

    You have already reduced your argument from "should we spend tax dollars?" to now arguing over how much, and along the way you have become a total hypocrite while displaying an inability to quote or make rational argument....and you did not even create a poll in this thread...in the "poll" forum.

    As others have pointed out, this is a treatable disease, the effectiveness of recent treatment has been great, the funding will probably decline as the "bang for the buck" plateaus.
    All you have is RW talking points mixed in with obvious homophobia and really poor debate skills, but that is what happens when you are stuck on the porch...in Idaho.
    I will respond to the ONE sentence in your post that is pertinent to the issue and ignore the rest of your personal attack rant. We have spent countless billions to find a treatment for a disease of choice. You choose to risk getting AIDS when you choose to share needles and or engage in promiscuous sex especially anal sex. Money down the toilet if you ask me. Just think if we had instead spent that money on Parkinson's MS etc. There might just be a cure or at least better treatments for these horrific diseases people get through no fault of their own.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I will respond to the ONE sentence in your post that is pertinent to the issue and ignore the rest of your personal attack rant. We have spent countless billions to find a treatment for a disease of choice. You choose to risk getting AIDS when you choose to share needles and or engage in promiscuous sex especially anal sex. Money down the toilet if you ask me. Just think if we had instead spent that money on Parkinson's MS etc. There might just be a cure or at least better treatments for these horrific diseases people get through no fault of their own.
    All you have is a morality based argument wrapped around an ignorance of the past dollars spent (uninflated for comparison) and ignorance on the level of how treatable an ailment is. It is intentionally avoiding any depth of thought because it is based on a homophobic viewpoint. You have your viewpoint and nothing will change it. You made the argument not based primarily on rational argument but on a personal bias, so sorry, you don't get to play the personal attack victim argument. You lost the argument right from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    All you have is a morality based argument wrapped around an ignorance of the past dollars spent (uninflated for comparison) and ignorance on the level of how treatable an ailment is. It is intentionally avoiding any depth of thought because it is based on a homophobic viewpoint. You have your viewpoint and nothing will change it. You made the argument not based primarily on rational argument but on a personal bias, so sorry, you don't get to play the personal attack victim argument. You lost the argument right from the start.
    I know, I am racist because I disagree with obama, a misogynist because I despise Hillary and a homophobe because I think we spend disproportionately on AIDS.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I know, I am....... a homophobe because I think we spend disproportionately on AIDS.
    See, this is the personal dishonesty that just gets you in trouble, I cited 3 examples of you displaying homophobia just in this thread and you can't face them.

    That's not my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #218
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I know, I am racist because I disagree with obama, a misogynist because I despise Hillary and a homophobe because I think we spend disproportionately on AIDS.
    Definitely a homophob. That is your OP. That gays and promiscuous people "deserve" to die of AIDS for which you do not want a vaccine even if one could be found. So it has NOTHING to do with money. It has to do with you openly wanting gays and promiscuous people to die. That is your own words.

    Wanting gays to die because they "deserve" it is definitely as radical and hateful homophobia as can be.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    [QUOTE=joko104;1061219324]Definitely a homophob. That is your OP. That gays and promiscuous people "deserve" to die of AIDS for which you do not want a vaccine even if one could be found. So it has NOTHING to do with money. It has to do with you openly wanting gays and promiscuous people to die. That is your own words.

    Wanting gays to die because they "deserve" it is definitely as radical and hateful homophobia as can be.[/QUOT

    I can't have a real discussion with someone who insist on misquoting me. The fact that you have to resort to such boorish tactics tells me I am wasting my time with you.

  10. #220
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Definitely a homophob. That is your OP. That gays and promiscuous people "deserve" to die of AIDS for which you do not want a vaccine even if one could be found. So it has NOTHING to do with money. It has to do with you openly wanting gays and promiscuous people to die. That is your own words.

    Wanting gays to die because they "deserve" it is definitely as radical and hateful homophobia as can be.
    I can't have a real discussion with someone who insist on misquoting me. The fact that you have to resort to such boorish tactics tells me I am wasting my time with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    AIDS is a disease that for the most part is due to promiscuous sex or drug abuse and IMO taking money from things like childhood leukemia, MS, Parkinson's etc and giving it to a group of people who pretty much deserve what they got is a huge waste of resources. The only reason we spend so much money on it is that so many people that have it or fear they may contract it are so vocal and being gay is
    so trendy as a current human right. So heres the question, should we be funding research to cure these people or worse yet find a vaccine to let them engage in their risky lifestyle with no consequences?

    EDIT: sorry I blew the poll part but I would be interested in your opinions.
    Not misquoting you. Not in the slightest. And, notably, you are an extreme gay basher all over the forum, literally blaming gays and promiscuous people for the fall of the Roman Empire - claiming the USA is following that pattern due to less credence with "Judeo-Christian values" - meaning your gay bashing is also your religion - all you write being absurd as Rome fell AFTER it has Christianized.

    I would think you would at least attempt to have SOME integrity in your messages somehow - rather than just you and God says AIDS should be used to kill off promiscuous people with AIDS as punishment for their lifestyle. The consequence you want for their "lifestyle" is to die of AIDS, for which the worst thing to happen is to find a vaccine against AIDS.

    Your messages are overwhelming the most intensely hateful messages against gays on the forum - worse that Tigger's messages. He wants gay executed. You want to kill them slowly by disease - and no matter who else that risks as they are acceptable collateral damage to you in the genocide you want against promiscuous people and gays - such as the 3,400,000 children with AIDS.

    Compared to you, Hilter was a humanitarian. But you and Hilter agreed about gays - other than he too was more merciful in how he had them killed that you want in your messages.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-06-12 at 08:31 PM.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •