Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 295

Thread: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Again you miss the point and play some 'victim'. (You made a very blatant personal attack and only got a warning, so chill)

    You just can't seem to grasp the overwhelming majority here see excellent reasons why a relatively new disease that was at one time as fatal to those contracting it as breast cancer was in the 60's.

    HUGE sums were spent on breast cancer up til now. AIDS being new and extremely fatal got huge sums thrown at it.

    Repeating your 'position' doesn't change anything. You are an opinion of one. You might as well go find a new dead horse to dead....

  2. #152
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    HIV/AIDS gets so much funding because famous celebrities have pushed that agenda item.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Again you miss the point and play some 'victim'. (You made a very blatant personal attack and only got a warning, so chill)

    You just can't seem to grasp the overwhelming majority here see excellent reasons why a relatively new disease that was at one time as fatal to those contracting it as breast cancer was in the 60's.

    HUGE sums were spent on breast cancer up til now. AIDS being new and extremely fatal got huge sums thrown at it.

    Repeating your 'position' doesn't change anything. You are an opinion of one. You might as well go find a new dead horse to dead....
    So you are saying breast cancer has basically been cured and funds for it have been reduced because of that. Please show me some figures that show anywhere near the 3 billion spent annually on AIDS research has ever been spent on breast cancer. All I can find is this and breast cancer seems to get a few more bucks every year so you just may be mistaken.


    Cancer Type

    2008 Spending
    (in millions)

    2009 Spending
    (in millions)

    2010 Spending
    (in millions)



    Lung

    $247.6

    $246.9

    $281.9



    Prostate

    285.4

    293.9

    300.5



    Breast

    572.6

    599.5

    631.2

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    [QUOTE=notquiteright;1061209902]Again you miss the point and play some 'victim'. (You made a very blatant personal attack and only got a warning, so chill)

    You just can't seem to grasp the overwhelming majority here see excellent reasons why a relatively new disease that was at one time as fatal to those contracting it as breast cancer was in the 60's.

    HUGE sums were spent on breast cancer up til now. AIDS being new and extremely fatal got huge sums thrown at it.

    Heres some more info for you since you seem to think breast cancer is now a big yawn. If they catch it early your chances are excellent but the later they catch it the deadlier it is. You may want to rethink your position on this.









    Stage


    5-year
    Survival Rate






    0


    93%




    I


    88%




    IIA


    81%




    IIB


    74%




    IIIA


    67%




    IIIB


    41%*




    IIIC


    49%*




    IV


    15%

  5. #155
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I don't think we are supposed to discuss mod decisions up here but I would assume there have been quite a few infractions handed out in this thread . I would sure hope so anyway and no there have been no explanations of why we are spending so much on AIDS except for the one I mentioned. My position on the other hand is crystal clear and I have repeated it over and over.
    For starters, 28,000,000 reasons were given why lots of $$ should be spent on HIV/AIDS research. Another reason given is it it a communicable disease - unlike any you named.

    Your reason of gays and promiscuous people DESERVE to have AIDs is NO reason whatsoever. You have given no reason other than you want gays and promiscuous people to die horrible deaths - and innocent deaths from HIV/AIDS are just unfortunate collateral damage in your hoped genocidal morality biological warfare. Biological war is prohibited including for the good reason that the biological war if a communicable disease does not limit who it kills. It can kill anyone and everyone on earth. Even you.

  6. #156
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    [QUOTE=sawyerloggingon;1061210060]
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Again you miss the point and play some 'victim'. (You made a very blatant personal attack and only got a warning, so chill)

    You just can't seem to grasp the overwhelming majority here see excellent reasons why a relatively new disease that was at one time as fatal to those contracting it as breast cancer was in the 60's.

    HUGE sums were spent on breast cancer up til now. AIDS being new and extremely fatal got huge sums thrown at it.

    Heres some more info for you since you seem to think breast cancer is now a big yawn. If they catch it early your chances are excellent but the later they catch it the deadlier it is. You may want to rethink your position on this.
    .................................................. ..................
    Not one person on this thread advocates people getting breast cancer or reducing funding for it. This constant false strawman and red herring you post in which you debate yourself and declare you won. That's just nonsense.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    For starters, 28,000,000 reasons were given why lots of $$ should be spent on HIV/AIDS research. Another reason given is it it a communicable disease - unlike any you named.

    Your reason of gays and promiscuous people DESERVE to have AIDs is NO reason whatsoever. You have given no reason other than you want gays and promiscuous people to die horrible deaths - and innocent deaths from HIV/AIDS are just unfortunate collateral damage in your hoped genocidal morality biological warfare. Biological war is prohibited including for the good reason that the biological war if a communicable disease does not limit who it kills. It can kill anyone and everyone on earth. Even you.
    It is 99% only communicable if you share needles or have unprotected sex, it is no danger to the general public. As the pie chart I posted earlier showed a whopping 1% of AIDS cases effect anyone else. Hope you were not offended by my earlier comment. Your Star called me a drama queen once and she's a mod so I thought it was OK and I thought it was funny, I even "liked" her post. As for the gay thing I have nothing against gays so I don't consider that an attack. You are gay aren't you? I am assuming you are because you are so emotional on this subject.

  8. #158
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    It is 99% only communicable if you share needles or have unprotected sex, it is no danger to the general public.
    So what? If everyone wore HEPA filter masks no one would have to worry about influenza, TB and many more diseases.

    In just one influenza epidemic, 50,000,000 people died - and in your reasoning they all deserved it too - and all influenza/flu research now should be stopped because anyone who get it deserves it. You don't have to worry about it you do not do unprotected breathing in public, so it is no danger to the general public.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-03-12 at 10:06 PM.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Sawyer-
    again you are being very dishonest in the discussion. NO WHERE and NO HOW did I say Breast Cancer has been cured. NO WAY has breast cancer research been canceled. Quit playing silly games, you are an extremely small minority who can't get alot of all this very straight.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Probably time to call this thread over, the very few left in here would rather discuss me than the issue. I started this wondering how many people felt like I do on this and I got my answer, damn few. I have learned alot researching things though and am amazed how much money us taxpayers are on the hook for with this disease. Three billion for research and fifteen billion annually for drugs to keep AIDS victims alive. This dwarfs spending on any other disease and may just rival spending on all other diseases put together so the next time you hear some AIDS activist whining that not enough is being done to fight the disease you may want to say, yeah right.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •